xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The State Of The States.  (Read 105 times)

sith

• Archived User
The State Of The States.
« on: August 03, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »

Americans are dumb. not every american person is, but the population as a whole is at the bottom of every testing database and less than 2% of them read books. this is not a coincidence.. americans have been slowly manipulated to become this way.. the fatter, dumber, more "entertained", more scared they are the less they question...well.. anything... i recently went to seatle to finish my thesis and while standing out front of a republican meeting i found that not even 1 person that i talked to could inform me of the republican platform... thats right.. not one. My paper is based largely on this..you are going out to support(and eventually vote for) a party which you don't even know ANYTHING about, their platform could have been mass genocide, and the supporters wouldn't even realize. that is a major problem.

In closing i would like to say.. your government doesn't give a shit about you.. they killed thousands of their own citizens when they demolished the WTC, and continue to kill thousands and thousands in the illegal wars which are currently being "fought" overseas(with my government aswell *cringe* )... very soon another mass-slaughter of american citizens will commence in some concealed form, to warrant another illegal attack on iran and/or syria, the two remaining oil powers...launching from the 4 enormous United States SUPER-BASES in Iraq PLEASE SEE THE TRUTH! stand strong and intelligent! use your vote to actually make a difference, if "they" don't already control the vote, which they probably do( ie: bush over kerry, bush re-election with 24% approval)  maybe you can make a difference.. maybe when Rudy Giuliani gets put into power you at least will realize that NOTHING is on the up and up when it comes to power.

See this movie!! no copyrights, free distribution! spread the word: www.zeitgeistmovie.com

.sith.

axess68

• Archived User
The State Of The States.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »

Unfortunately, I have to agree.  

We, as a nation of Americans, have become dumb and selectively ignorant. Regular Americans are easily brainwashed into being dumb and obedient to the corporate masters. There's a saying I made up a while ago when I was watching a lot of politics and seeing the people who support what the Govt does to us by stealing our freedoms away a little at a time. The saying goes like this: "The best guard dog is the one with the least brains. It easily accept commands and will kill without remorse or hesitation." That is what a lot of Americans have been turned into. Mindless consumers who go around slaving for their corporate masters and making more slaves. This is what the "American Dream" has turned into. I go with what George Carlin said about why it's called the "American Dream"... "Because ya gotta be asleep to believe it!"

I think Cindy Sheehan, a mother who lost her child in Iraq, said it best: "The people in this country are more concerned with who is going to be the next American Idol, than who is representing them in the Government."

xess

• Archived User
The State Of The States.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »

Americans need to better educate themselves, thats for sure. I read a couple of Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky books in the last year or so and they are truly eye opening, definately worth a look. The sad thing for me is the UK seems to like to use you guys as a role model, and I have the feeling we are following in your footsteps.

gronned

• Archived User
The State Of The States.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »

Americans are dumb because they think they can be. And to a certain extent that's true. But I'd seriously doubt they're genetically more stupid than anyone else.

Even though I'd say americans are more stupid than most developed countries people, my own countrymen are becoming quite stupid too. I think it's mostly because of an ignorant collective feeling that the good situation we have now won't change, therefore we can relax.

Though this, more than ever, separates people as the ones that DO want to learn stuff will excel at it, considering there's so much information out there.

I'm quite sure that it's mostly about lack of interest, because even the ones that were really good in my class didn't seem to be particularly intelligent when I spoke to them about other stuff... They just read the stuff, remembered it, and then forgot it =) (Oddly enough, the ones that were lazy and had worse grades were the more intelligent ones  biggrin.gif  which may go against my argument..hrmm...)

We become stupid because we allow ourselves to be it.

Chancer

• Archived User
The State Of The States.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

All this is a way to sling insults at people in the US.
This will start a huge war  and yes it will seriously offend a lot of people.
Do not remake this topic.