xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Info: Dvd Dongle + Controller At Same Time  (Read 126 times)

severd hed

• Archived User
Info: Dvd Dongle + Controller At Same Time
« on: November 13, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

I like to play alot of 4 player games, so i like to keep all 4 of my logitech wireless controllers connected at all times...but i also use xbmc alot so i like to keep my dvd dongle connected all the time.  well, i know there are alot of tutorials on how to install your dvd dongle internally so that when you plug in a controller, it deactivates and lets the controller work.  well, after some experimenting, i found a viable solution.  I have an xecuter control panel installed, so there are already two usb ports, but Im sure this could be easily done with an xbox to usb adaptor.  basically, i connected an xbox-usb adaptor to the front usb port that is connected to port 4.  i then plugged my dvd dongle to the usb adaptor.  it works fine, when i connect a controller to port 4, the controller works, and the dvd dongle quits working.    but i got to thinking, the xbox-usb adaptor i used has 4 controller ports, so with the adaptor connected to the usb port, i plugged the dvd dongle and a controller into the adaptor, and to my suprise, they both work.  now i can leave all 4 of my controllers connected and still use my dvd remote whenever i want.

if i didnt explain this well enough, here is a diagram:

IPB Image

I just thought that this was pretty interesting and that someone else may want to do this too.

this is the usb adaptor i used,
http://www.jandaman....egory_code=XBOX

but like i said, more than likely if you made a usb-to-xbox cable you could use that to connect the super joybox to port 4 and it should work just fine.

one thing to note, the super joybox 11 that i used has 4 controller ports on it, while it didnt seem to matter which two ports i used, only two of them work at a time.  i tried connecting a dvd dongle and 3 controllers, but two of them wouldnt function.  but there is not really a practical need to have multiple controllers for player 4...so that doesnt really matter