xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Don Imus "nappy-headed Hos" Controversy  (Read 85 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
Don Imus "nappy-headed Hos" Controversy
« on: April 11, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »

Others who have used hateful language have recently been fired from prominent radio jobs. They have been held accountable. African-Americans who believe certain elements of rap music, music videos and popular entertainment need to be more respectful toward our own should speak out and repudiate that element. I know I have, and many others have as well.

Where do people get idea of ho's out there?  You hear 50 cents and all the gansta rap.  Hear a white guy having a song with the same lyrics and he is a racist.  Jesse jackson should starting looking of 'bad influence' from their own kind before complaining some white guy degrading blacks.

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »

Imus should not have gotten fired.

Now that he is fired what does that mean... nothing much he's FILTHY rich he will be  A ok.

Imus directed his comments directly towards someone and thus placed a face and name to "nappy heady hoes" unlike rappers who may use the language much like everyone else, they don't associate a particular person(s) with the language they use. Imus slipped and there was enough media coverage to blow the whole thing out of proportion.

Personally Micheal Richards (Kramer) should have gotten skinned far worst than Imus was for his blatant racist heart.

more opinions here please.

w2kj

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spency234 @ Apr 12 2007, 07:50 PM) View Post
Bottom line - if you are stupid enough to put yourself in that position you deserve to get fired.
Amen.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Look out XM/Sirius here comes Imus.

Shoue

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »

Yea I mean the sponsors control television and radio, not necessarily the broadcasting companies themselves, and covering Imus would just have cost a lot of money.  

I do find it hypocritical that the entire hip-hop culture is based on the word 'nigga' and 'ho'... and it doesn't seem to be a problem to them.