xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Selective Service System To Test Draft Machinery  (Read 124 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Selective Service System To Test Draft Machinery
« on: December 23, 2006, 06:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(AP)
December 22, 2006
WASHINGTON -- The Selective Service System is planning a comprehensive test of the military draft machinery, which hasn't been run since 1998.

The agency is not gearing up for a draft, an agency official said Thursday. The test itself would not likely occur until 2009.

Meanwhile, the secretary for Veterans Affairs said that ''society would benefit'' if the U.S. were to bring back the draft and that it shouldn't have any loopholes for anyone who is called to serve. VA Secretary Jim Nicholson later issued a statement saying he does not support reinstituting a draft.

The Selective Service ''readiness exercise'' would test the system that randomly chooses draftees by birth date.

Useless in my opinion. But, then again, why did this even make the news? And, why am I posting it? Oh well. I already typed it out...

buttface96

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »

Well I'm graduating High School in the class of 2009.

l'll be 18 years old April 18, 2009

I don't really want to fight in Iraq

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(buttface96 @ Dec 23 2006, 11:26 PM) View Post

You won't have to. Don't worry about that.

jon_jon

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(buttface96 @ Dec 24 2006, 12:26 AM) View Post

Who knows which war we will be fighting in 2009... If it isn't Iraq, it could be ny number of places people can be deployed.  They'll call up the reserves first before they institute the draft, so no need to worry in advance.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »

I feel sorry for the reserves who signed up because they needed College money, thinking that they will serve the country by responding to natural disasters or an occassional conflict.  Instead these guys are sent to Iraq or Afghanistan 2 to 3 times over to fight Bush's war.

We got enough suckers errr reserves to do Bush's dirty work.  I doubt American Citizens can stomach a draft.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Dec 27 2006, 10:55 AM) View Post
I feel sorry for the reserves who signed up because they needed College money, thinking that they will serve the country by responding to natural disasters or an occassional conflict. Instead these guys are sent to Iraq or Afghanistan 2 to 3 times over to fight Bush's war.

We got enough suckers errr reserves to do Bush's dirty work. I doubt American Citizens can stomach a draft.

Why would you feel sorry for that person? That means they clearly ignored their Oath. Here it is. smile.gif

In the Armed Forces EXCEPT the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

In the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God. Guide Note: There has been some controversy about whether the phrase "So help me God" is mandatory. I have seen officers allow enlistees to omit these words, if they choose, according to their religious preference and beliefs. However, federal law does not appear to make any part of the oath optional. See 10 United States Code, Section 502.

http://usmilitary.ab...athofenlist.htm

Our military is not simply a college fund. It's not there to clean up disasters. It has been used as such, but it is clearly there to be used in combat.

Edit: If these people have really been duped, then they were duped really well since we have such a great re-enlistment rate.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Dec 27 2006, 07:35 PM) View Post

Why would you feel sorry for that person? That means they clearly ignored their Oath. Here it is. smile.gif
http://usmilitary.ab...athofenlist.htm

Our military is not simply a college fund. It's not there to clean up disasters. It has been used as such, but it is clearly there to be used in combat.

I never said that it was a violation of their oath.

http://en.wikipedia....wo_weeks_a_year

I remember seeing commericals about that slogan for the Army National Guard a few years back.  They mentioned about having good benefits while spending little time in the outside civilian life.

Edit: If these people have really been duped, then they were duped really well since we have such a great re-enlistment rate.

Where did they the great re-enlistment rate?

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Dec 27 2006, 02:35 PM) View Post

I never said that it was a violation of their oath.

I never said "violation". Please try to pay attention. You insinuated that they had been misled but their oath clearly depicts their duties so it disproves your theory on being misled.

http://en.wikipedia....wo_weeks_a_year

I remember seeing commericals about that slogan for the Army National Guard a few years back. They mentioned about having good benefits while spending little time in the outside civilian life.

I remember seeing these ads too. I've been looking for the video clip because it makes your argument totally hilarious. If you can find one please post it. There was no war and they were describing the drills. This is also where the slogan "Weekend warrior - saving the world one weekend at a time" came from. Does it mean or even insinuate that all you're there for are drills? No, your oath, the fact that you have to pass tests and physicals and that fact that you're doing combat drills all tells you that you're there in case they need you for combat. Nobody has been misled. Nobody went through the training and the drills and thought that they were not meant to fight. This is not P.E. class. This is not a free college program.

Where did they the great re-enlistment rate?

duhhhh In the military........ uhh.gif What the hell kind of question is that? Do you really want me to bombard you with the plethora of facts that have been floating around for months? I will, it's easy, but I think we all know that the re-enlistment rate is extremely high right now. Why do you think you know more than the troops that are over there? You obviously don't.

NookularDeath

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

oh comon now kiddies... just keep practicing on your combat games like Gears of War
and Rainbow 6:Vegas..

you soon will be ready for combat and become cannon fodder for the next war with
Iran...

America deserves it's coming judgements because it's people have become corrupt
with supporting a regime that lies to them daily about the war on terror...

remember this.. every great civilization on this planet has destroyed itself from
within... When a nation ceases to being good, it ceases to becoming great...

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(NookularDeath @ Dec 27 2006, 10:58 PM) View Post
oh comon now kiddies... just keep practicing on your combat games like Gears of War
and Rainbow 6:Vegas..

you soon will be ready for combat and become cannon fodder for the next war with
Iran...

America deserves it's coming judgements because it's people have become corrupt
with supporting a regime that lies to them daily about the war on terror...

remember this.. every great civilization on this planet has destroyed itself from
within... When a nation ceases to being good, it ceases to becoming great...

Thank you for your factless, lude speculation. Since it is grossly inaccurate it will soon be disregarded. Thanks for the post though nutjob.