xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Lik-Sang.com out of business due to multiple Sony lawsuits - Sony Deni  (Read 660 times)

fraser

• Archived User
Lik-Sang.com out of business due to multiple Sony lawsuits - Sony Deni
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

I'd like to see sony go after Ebay(paypal) as they do the same as Lik-Sang !

|It would be a  muhaha.gif  against  flamethrower.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(blackchild1101 @ Oct 24 2006, 10:46 AM) View Post

There selling Sony products that have not passed / been approved by EU law. If something were to happen Sony could be held legally responsible.
Simple as that.

Did you even read what the lawsuit was about? Sony sued them for TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT. It had nothing to do with the PSP not being certified in Europe.

Regardless, the PSP WAS actually certified in europe. Sony had gone through the euopean certification process before they even manufactured a single PSP, each and every PSP made carries the "CE" logo which means it complies with Europes safty standards and has been approved by EU law. Not to mention the included power adapters were also CE approved and were able to function to european power specs without a converter.

Just because Sony went on record saying thats why they did it doesn't mean that was their legal stance... nor does it mean that they were being honest about it (which ANYONE who owns a PSP can simply turn it upside down and prove Sony a liar).

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Oct 24 2006, 01:37 PM) View Post

I gotta agree with lik-sang being sour-grapes and that they were stupid if they thought this would work since nuplayer already had lost its lawsuit. Question is why when sony goes after lik-sang they goes apeshit, but when Microsoft did (http://news.com.com/2100-1040-960594.html?tag=fd_top) they just shut it down for two weeks. Guess this just was the final straw that made their illegal business modell to go under.

1. Sony bombarded Lik-Sang with a multitude of Lawsuits, only the very first of many was publisized. Lik-Sang rather then fighting Sony on every last one of these exhausting all of their funds they decided to take the moral high road and make sure they covered all of their loyal customers FIRST. By refunding all of their money. If they decided to battle Sony they would have scrwed over everyone of their customers who have a current order pending... it's called THE RIGHT THING TO DO. Though based on all the Sony Press lately people seem to scratch their heads when someone makes a choise to put their customers before themselves.

2. MS sued Lik-Sang for selling illegal modchips. This was an obvious illegal business practice and MS was in the right. When that happened Lik-Sang accecpted defeat gracefully because they knew they were in the wrong. AGAIN... THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

3. Lik-Sang re-opened under new management, it was a completely different crew, a completely different company, they simply used the same name.... and they did not sell modchips, it's not like they just went into hiding for 2 weeks... it changed ownership and the new owners were legit. AGAIN... THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

4. Lik-Sangs current business practices were PERFECTLY LEGAL both under Hong Kong law and European law. The lawsuit had nothing to do with European certifications as sony claimed (as I said above)... The lawsuit was based on BS claims that because Lik-Sang sold PSP to Europe before Sony that they were taking false ownership of the PSP trademark...

I challange you to find a single person in all of Europe who honestly thinks that Lik-Sang makes the PSP.. seriously.

----------------------

Oh yeah and Lik-Sang was one of the only manufacturers of controller converters and cable extenders... that PS2 to USB adapter... made by them... the PS2 to Xbox adapter... also made by them the SMART JOY FRAG, yup made by Lik-Sang... good luck finding any of these products for sale now that they're gone. Not only was Lik-Sang helping sell a whole lot of Sony brand consoles and games, but they were also responsible for tens of thousands in sales of Sony accessories for people who wanted to use those accessories with other consoles.

You can probably kiss any dreams of a Smart Joy Frag coming to the 360 (or PS3) goodbye.

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I CANT BELIVE IT THAT WAS ONE OF MY TOP SITES TO BUY SHIT OFF OF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad.gif  grr.gif  uhh.gif  sad.gif  dry.gif

fraser

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »

Just came across this post :

"I work for a well know video games retailer and last christmas we had shortages of psps. We got a load delivered from Sony and a woman bought two from that delivery. The boxes and manuals were all English but when the woman went to register both machines they turned out to be asian ones. Sony refused to do anything about it so we had to give her another two. Sony who obvoiusly had shortages with stocking the uk market were sending technically imported machines in uk boxes."

What a bunch of cock noses!

Ninja Sniper X

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(dalailama @ Oct 24 2006, 07:09 AM) View Post

Microsoft used to be the #1 public enemy, they must be happy now. Sony did an awesome takeover.

/agree  mad.gif

WildMonkeys

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

fuck sony...

now ps3 = devil

me = kill people who buy a ps3

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »

1st off. No chance $ony didn't make every last one of their PSPs compatible with EVERY major country's safety guidelines. With international travel being easier and easier (well not that easy dry.gif ) there's no chance they'd have an "american" psp cause/recieve damage outside of the us. Same thing with an EU psp coming to the us and anything else you could think of. $ony knows this is going to happen and is damn sure going to protect themselves from anything they can think of.

So why would they just use the copywrite infringement as the leverage? Because they don't have a case on that BS their rep was blathering about. I hate when a reporter doesn't put some one on the spot when they know they're lieing. I consider the reporter to be worse then the rep. The rep is getting paid by the company to lie, the reporter is getting paid, by us, to lie to us?? Not that the case details would have matterd much. It's not like $ony wouldn't toss on 4 or 5 more untill they got waht they wanted.

The only reason I can see them fighting lik-sang is because of what they were, BIG. Not only that, they weren't Walmart, but they were still big. Lik-Sang was the stomping ground of the 3 game companies and $ony had their shot at them. Hopefully it'll be two weeks and they'll reopen. but I doubt it :|
Lik-Sang was trusted all over the world, and for good reason. I wouldn't be into modding half as much as I am if it weren't for Lik-Sang. I orderd a GBA Afterburner from them and recieved it 3 days before the date it was set to arrive. Because of that I learned how to solder and never looked back.

I don't care what price the PS3 drops to, or how many awsome games it has, I'll NEVER buy one.
$ony is dead to me.

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

I can write a whole big blog about this but I won't - I will only point out that Sony is an Evil Corporation that uses the law to screw over people tring to make a living.

This is not the first time sony Killed a product/retailer or a product - If anyone remembers - Randy Linden wrote code that did not infinge on any of sony copyrights or trademarks - His code enables Playstation games to play on the PC - It gave games a NEW MEDIUM to play their games on.  It did not circumvent copy protection - his only 3 retail products were all called BLEEM. (bleem for tekken 3, MGS and Grand Turismo 2) Which was well received by fans of playstation games.  I was at E3 when a wall of Lawyers tried to shut the Bleem booth down at E3 years ago. Sony Filed Lawsuit after Lawsuit aganst Bleem (which unlike Virtual Game station did not need a sony Bios to run the games - It was a legit product.)  Bleem Won Every Case (court battle)- the higher the court that Sony Appealed it too - the more victorys in Bleem's Favor.  They never Bad mouthed Sony, They just publicly saw it UNCOOL that a company who has repeately lost their Suits would continue to bring legal action aganst them - they saw them selves as helping expand the userbase of Playstation.  FINALLY BLEEM RAN OUT OF MONEY - THEY COULD NOT DEFEND THEMSELVES ANYMORE - and we lost a Great bit of Technology.  I really would love to see what all video games would look like on a system who's specs are well above what the original hardware was for the game title - then streamline that title to look the way it was ment to be played.

Just an Example of How Sony Bullied another Company out of business.

I feel bad for lik Sang - What ever happened to the free trade agreement?

Next thing you know - It will only be legal to buy for LICIENCED retailers and Private Sale of any Item (new or used) will be illegal.  I find it fucken comical.

Whats going to happen next - are they going to knock on my door for every game console, video game, accessory or product I post on Ebay, Craigslist, The Newspapaer, on the bulletin board in my local super market?  I swear this is out of fucken control and it's not just Game companys - its big business around the world.  I hate to say it but we eventually need to have a REVOLUTION and take back free trade and kill all this frivalas I OWN THE PATENT TO THIS SHIT - I mean hey - I understand protecting Intellectualt property and tech innovations - but it just gets to the point where it is out of control - I see a future ahead where for every breath you take you have to pay a licienceing fee for it.

UN FUNCKEN REAL...

Lik Sang You will be missed - I have spent well over $5g's in my lifetime on that site over the past 7 or 8 years.  It sucks that companys' like you are seen as enemys of the game industry - you give customers more and more reasons to keep the Game companys alive and fresh.

One last thing - and this is not a question - just rethorical (<-SP error?).

If I buy 10 PS3's PSP, WII's ect - am I not allowed to sell them to people?

Come on - what the fuck is that all about - This world sucks - We are all slaves.

blakholephysics

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2006, 06:13:00 PM »

This is horrible.  I almost bought an Xbox HD kit from them (the original one with the brick on the cord)

Where can I find one now?

alg20

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

Another Sad day indeed in Gaming History!  What better site was there to get all the imports you needed!!!!  beerchug.gif

AdrenX

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

I was thinking about pre-ordering a PS3 or a Wii.  Now I think I made myself clear to get the Wii.  I hate the way Sony used to prevent Lik-Sang or any person to import a console.  Every person has his own mind to follow.  You can't force someone to do what you want him/her to do.  I know I will lose alot by importing (the warrenty, the support) and I know I am losing them. But you can't prevent me from doing so pretending you are protecting me by that! They mentioned nothing regarding the reason of lower prices for exported consoles while I think it is near to be true than claiming to protect the customers....

As lik-sang mentioned in the lower part of their staments "many UKimporters sites will rejoice from the news".  But I think those are the next target. As they are small and will escape just before they are sued.

damarsman

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

IPB Image

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2006, 12:27:00 AM »

A few posts here suggested "boycot"
In fact purchasing massively a new expensive console sold at a great loss, putting it in a cupboard and waiting maybe 3 up to 4 years when running homebrew becomes technically possible can be much more annoying for a console manufacturer... since console manufacturers selling consoles at a great loss can avoid bankruptcy only if a lots of new games are purchased by each console buyer.
So boycot on games can work (purchase of reused games on ebay is ok), but not a good idea on consoles.

What is really missing is a world-wilde organization (kind of syndicate) defending point of view of console users... and effectively able to make deals with console manufacturers (you stop annoying us with that -because it won't really reduce your money income-, and we don't call for retail games boycot...)

Neoistheone2000

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2006, 01:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(youloseagain @ Oct 24 2006, 10:11 AM) View Post

The fanboys have nothing to say now. Its official.... Sony is a douchebag.

and thus they will NOT get $600 from me this holiday season nore will i pick up a PS3 when i turn 45 and im standing in a flea market with its price tag of $5 (im 19) i do beleave im getting a Wii this christmas i KINDA SORTA wanted a PS3 but they can kiss my pail white shiney harry ASS so my firend they arent only douchebags they are also turd sandwaches

QUOTE(Ninja Sniper X @ Oct 24 2006, 05:07 PM) View Post

/agree  mad.gif

microsoft and sony are aparently trading placeses now microsoft use to shit on everyone now M$ seems to be the light at the end of the tunnel heh read my signature

QUOTE(fraser @ Oct 24 2006, 03:36 PM) View Post

I'd like to see sony go after Ebay(paypal) as they do the same as Lik-Sang !

|It would be a  muhaha.gif  against  flamethrower.gif

or go in the sticks and try to hunt down the flea market owners with teath missing

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2006, 05:52:00 AM »

Man this just sucks  sad.gif . I liked lik-sang. First the Root-Kit and now this?  uhh.gif . They can kiss the $600 good bye. No more Sony crap for me, dropped their MD last year, the only thing sony in my house is the PSP my brother uses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5