xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Lik-Sang.com out of business due to multiple Sony lawsuits - Sony Deni  (Read 667 times)

grim_d

• Archived User
Lik-Sang.com out of business due to multiple Sony lawsuits - Sony Deni
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

bastards

waxinca

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

blah

richbambam

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

This just goes to show how desperate Sony is,the PS3 is going to be the nail in the coffin for sony I reckon

Be_Vigilant

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

Sony denies responsibility for Lik-Sang closure
Accuses retailer of "sour grapes"

http://gamesindustry...e.php?aid=20564

---
LOL

TheIceman72

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

As usual Sony can kiss my Ass!!!

Java2233

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »

sony just lost my $800

jabski

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Oct 24 2006, 04:50 PM) View Post

bastards

QUOTE(TheIceman72 @ Oct 24 2006, 05:30 PM) View Post

As usual Sony can kiss my Ass!!!

QUOTE(Java2233 @ Oct 24 2006, 06:14 PM) View Post

sony just lost my $800

exactly how i feel. RIP LIK-Sang  love.gif

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

I gotta agree with lik-sang being sour-grapes and that they were stupid if they thought this would work since nuplayer already had lost its lawsuit. Question is why when sony goes after lik-sang they goes apeshit, but when Microsoft did (http://news.com.com/...html?tag=fd_top) they just shut it down for two weeks. Guess this just was the final straw that made their illegal business modell to go under.

n8thegr8

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »

what a bunch of assclowns, of course they didn't show up in court, they're in hong kong! I don't blame them for not wanting to fly halfway across the fuckin world to put up with sony's shit. and sony's reply was retarded, they still didn't address the retarded reason they sued them for. I hope MS sony loses the console war just so that they see that they aren't god.

Pseudo99

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

Well, there goes another point off on Sony's rep on my personal scoreboard.

Sony -43
Microsoft 11
Nintendo -2

Too bad, Sony scored a point the other day for something.....ehh I don't remember
anymore.

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Oct 24 2006, 06:37 PM) View Post

I gotta agree with lik-sang being sour-grapes and that they were stupid if they thought this would work since nuplayer already had lost its lawsuit. Question is why when sony goes after lik-sang they goes apeshit, but when Microsoft did (http://news.com.com/2100-1040-960594.html?tag=fd_top) they just shut it down for two weeks. Guess this just was the final straw that made their illegal business modell to go under.

I don't blame M$ for going after them, after all they were selling mod chips.
Once the mod chips went off their site, M$ got off their backs.
Lets not forget that Nintendo nearly shut them down a couple of years ago as well, for similar reasons.

It seems to me that Phony went after them with intentions to finally burry them, over some pitiful $hit....
I mean people accused Nintendo of being bullies when they went after Lik-Sang for selling GBA flash carts,
how do you think these same people will feel about Phony?

BottleB

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ Oct 24 2006, 03:50 PM) View Post

WHo really buys from this site anyway? They buy their stuff cheap in Hong Kong then sell it to the USA for a higher profit.

Dumb remark dude...thats buisness...there stuff was cheaper than retail anyways...should we all stop buying from everyone who makes profit?? They sell lots of imports too, stuff you can't get around here...normal the price is higher..

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

Psuedo99 when did you actually start that scoreboard, If I go back to the fist time I game into contact with the different companys MS is the only one that would be on minus and that by a hell of lot. Nintendo would be the definitive leader but Sony would still be on +.

fraser

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

They did not shut up shop because sony won any court case,they shut up because of a trick lots of multi million dollar corps do to beat small companies , bombard them with legal suit after legal suit in multiple courts across the land ,which the small company just cannot afford to pay legal fees ,Air fares to defend themselves in all these cases.

So nothing sony said about Lik-Sang actually got proved in sony's favour in any court case , the uk case wouldn't have forced lik-Sang to shut up shop & this is what Sony knew so they resorted to the tried & tested Bastards trick of keeping them swamped with lawsuits til the cows come home ,sony has the money to defend any amount of legal challenges but smaller companies don't have these bottom less money pits.

And how the hell  our UK law got applied to a HONG KONG based company is beyond me.

So don't come out with these unfounded BULL SHIT  claims of Lik-sang breaking laws resulting in them closing down, FOR NOW!

............................................................................................

Sony do it the pro way:

"Now Sony's in the middle of another patent fight, this one brought against the company by Pennsylvania-based Agere Systems. According to court documents, Agere (which has a pair of offices in Texas) has filed suit against Sony and a number of its divisions for willful infringement of eight patents in a number of its products, including the PSP, PlayStation 2, and based on announced specifications, the PlayStation 3. Sony VAIO computers, Handycams, Walkman players, Memory Stick Duos, and Location Free TV are also named as infringing offerings on some of the patents. The patents in question run from a "wireless local area network apparatus" to "barrier layer treatments for tungsten plug."

Agere is asking that each branch of Sony be made to provide an accounting of all gains made through their alleged infringements, and that the company be awarded damages to adequately compensate it based on those figures. Agere also claims that Sony knew about the patents and willfully infringed on them, so it is asking the courts to boost the damages awarded as much as three times what it would have been otherwise.

fraser

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

As soon as an exploit is found or a mod chip developed for the ps3 the better as i'll be making my stand against all these gits ( EA included)by playing back up games .

They make a huge loss on the console ( EVEN MORE SO WHEN PEOPLE LIKE US FLOG THEIR LIMITED SUPPLY OF FANTASTICALLY HIGH PRICED MACHINES ON FOR ££££££( THE HIGHER THE PRICE THEY SELL THEM FOR JUST BENEFITS ME & OTHERS' LIKE ME ) )& won't be making up this loss with me buying any of their software .

IT' ALL GOOD GEAR LIKE ,EH! muhaha.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5