xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Military Commissions Act  (Read 328 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« on: October 18, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.c...in2097186.shtml

In this uneventful day, Bush signs into law Military Commissions Act, which according to Bush; "will save American Lives."  It sounds nice.  Bush claims that this is the most valuable tool against war on terrorists, but it seems ok for the suspension for Habeas corpus.  here's a few examples.

http://en.wikipedia....ion_Act_of_1918

http://en.wikipedia....on_Acts_of_1798

http://en.wikipedia....tive_Order_9066

I'm willing to bet that in about 20-30 years from now some future president will probably rescind this stupid act.  

lordvader129

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

youre right, non-military insurgents who shoot at our soldiers all day shouldnt be arrested, detained or tried

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 19 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post
youre right, non-military insurgents who shoot at our soldiers all day shouldnt be arrested, detained or tried

Motion seconded. All in favor say Aye.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 19 2006, 10:42 PM) View Post

http://en.wikipedia....ons_Act_of_2006

Perhaps if you have bother to read about it, you know that it has nothing to do about letting insurgents go without arrested, detained or tried.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Oct 19 2006, 07:32 PM) View Post

http://en.wikipedia....ons_Act_of_2006

Perhaps if you have bother to read about it, you know that it has nothing to do about letting insurgents go without arrested, detained or tried.

No he read it, you missed his point horribly.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »

You're right.  I'm sure that these insurgents/terrorists/islamofascists did something to deserve to be jailed.  These guys are detained and some for more than 5 years and they never been tried.  That's what this Act allows.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Oct 20 2006, 10:07 AM) View Post
You're right. I'm sure that these insurgents/terrorists/islamofascists did something to deserve to be jailed. These guys are detained and some for more than 5 years and they never been tried. That's what this Act allows.

Who said anyone needed to be jailed, detained or tried? Please try to pay attention.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

Are you talking about the main subject which is the Military Commissions Act?  You're totally lost, or I missed (your) point because I can't read your mind.  You have to stop smoking weed while going on this forum.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Oct 20 2006, 10:33 PM) View Post
Are you talking about the main subject which is the Military Commissions Act? You're totally lost, or I missed (your) point because I can't read your mind. You have to stop smoking weed while going on this forum.

Yes you totally missed Vader's point. It's ok. We are used to it by now.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »

Okay, I'm not reading your mind again.  Tell what me what I am supposed to say, oh moronic one.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Oct 21 2006, 08:25 PM) View Post
Okay, I'm not reading your mind again. Tell what me what I am supposed to say, oh moronic one.

Just like usual. You do not have the capacity to comprehend so you resort to calling me names. How about you try not to be childish for a change?

pug_ster

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

I don't have the capacity to comprehend YOU.  Instead you talk about my argument is flawed without providing any concrete evidence otherwise.  I would like to see you to talk the subject at hand instead about me.  That's one of the many reason why I call you moron.  Now talk about this subject or don't say anything.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Oct 22 2006, 05:13 PM) View Post
I don't have the capacity to comprehend YOU. Instead you talk about my argument is flawed without providing any concrete evidence otherwise. I would like to see you to talk the subject at hand instead about me. That's one of the many reason why I call you moron. Now talk about this subject or don't say anything.

You have not earned the right to tell me what I can and cannot do. You did not comprehend LordVader's comment. Not my comment. You obviously do not have the capacity to understand much of anything. I have spoken my view on the subject at hand as well as Vader. It is you who has no idea what you're talking about. It's clear that I'm not the one that is the moron. wink.gif

gronned

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 19 2006, 11:42 PM) View Post

As english isn't my mother tongue, I'm not too familiar with all expressions, but when you say "tried", do you mean tried in a court? Because if that's what you mean, then that's the problem, they never let them defend their cases in a court. Or will the MCA allow that?

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Military Commissions Act
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(gronned @ Oct 23 2006, 02:01 PM) View Post

As english isn't my mother tongue, I'm not too familiar with all expressions, but when you say "tried", do you mean tried in a court? Because if that's what you mean, then that's the problem, they never let them defend their cases in a court. Or will the MCA allow that?

Yes he means tried in court and puggy's article lays it all out for us. It tells specifically what it intends to do.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4