xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Police raid sparks piracy debate in Sweden  (Read 378 times)

rasstar

• Archived User
Police raid sparks piracy debate in Sweden
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lamer123 @ Jun 4 2006, 08:13 PM) View Post

Maybe, maybe not . But considering this is a site devoted to reporting all things xbox , I just don't see how this effects the xbox at all .

It did affect the xbox since som epeople were not able to download some games. So yes it's kinda Xbox related.

QUOTE(PAPERMAN @ Jun 4 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

yes i do,now would you please enlighten me why its not true

So you trying to tell me that most people will download a game,  play it then decide to buy it? The same apply to movies,games and software. Myabe 2 out of 10 might but surely you don't believe the majority willeven consider doing it. The fact is most people download and pirate stuff so they wouldn't have to spend their money. Don't see anything about that hard to understand.

Mikeizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

It dont matter, TPB is back up anyway. Good work stickin it to the man', man.  laugh.gif

On another note, the MPAA and RIAA dont even loose half of the sales they claim they're loosing. I hate it how moderen socioty is all corperate, and all the corperations are run on greed. Its so fucked, it shouldent be this way, how'd we ever let it get this bad?

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lamer123 @ Jun 4 2006, 09:13 PM) View Post

Maybe, maybe not . But considering this is a site devoted to reporting all things xbox , I just don't see how this effects the xbox at all .

TPB is my main distribution source for dual-debug (which needs updating...) since I could never get a hold of Iriez.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

I am proud to be a pirate
and
I admit I pirate software

can expect a lengthy lay off from here, some a permanent lay off.
Discuss a topic DO NOT ADMIT TO PIRACY IN HERE.
DO NOT POST details of other such sites. the ones who did post sites that are shitlisted here are also losing their posting.
If you wish to unburden your soul and confess to god knows what do it elsewhere.
If the topic was related to murdering people, would you come in and admit you are a murderer? (Some of you probably would) I know its a different scenario but you get the idea.
Now make this easier and stop confessing in here.

Zanzang

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(SpaceBuddha @ Jun 4 2006, 05:01 PM) View Post

Swedish artists survive beacause most sweeds have some of the worst taste in music and tend to buy many records... and yes, we do have software companies over here, ever heard of Battlefield, Chronicles of Riddick, Rallisport Challenge, Deathrow, Ground Control? To name a few...  rolleyes.gif

Any of those companies sell software in Sweden?
Or do they just not even bother since piracy is "legal" there?

SpaceBuddha

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zanzang @ Jun 5 2006, 12:08 AM) View Post

Any of those companies sell software in Sweden?
Or do they just not even bother since piracy is "legal" there?

Well, it's not the companies who "sell" their games to the customer... Digital Illusions (DICE) develope the Battlefield-series for Electronic Arts (EA Games) who then distribute the games and make them arrive to our local stores. But you probably already know that.

We have EB Games and Game-stores just like any other country and it's not legal to download pirated games over here, we just happen to have some really fucked up antipiracy-laws in our country.  

Then if that is a good thing or a bad thing is for the individual consumer to decide.  tongue.gif

oddname

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

If someone hasn't mentiond it was the former "swedish CIA" "boss" or something that ordered the raid with preasure from the us goverment.

If someone hasn't mentiond it was the former "swedish CIA" "boss" or something that ordered the raid with preasure from the us goverment.

TheIceman72

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

Personally I think this is totally funny in a way. As a 33 year old man, I remember back in the days of BBSing. When some large BBS got pulled down and some guys went to jail. Fortunately as long as software companies and the government continue to deny us the right to duplicate and change what we buy, the Pirates will always be 5 steps in front of them.

Prime example:

I actually buy DVD movies on a regular basis. But what pisses me off to hell is that I can not back them up with ease. I pay top dollar for Disney movies and my young kids destroy them in a couple months time. Now if I were able to make a copy and put the main DVD on the shelf that would be nice.

Then to top it off, I go out and pay top dollar for one of my favorite XBox 360 games Battlefield 2. Now out of the clear freakin blue sky the game starts crashin, and pausin. I open up the drive and WTF I see two circular scratches on the damn cd. WTF!!!!! I lay my 360 flat. But this obviously came from my 360 and not me. Now do they expect me to freakin go out and buy another? Are they on some kind of freakin crack?

So to sum this up, this country tend to make laws to not keep the innocent ...innocent. They make laws to make the innocent guilty and the guilty ones seem to get away with murder.

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(deadparrot @ Jun 4 2006, 01:35 PM) View Post

TPB is my main distribution source for dual-debug (which needs updating...) since I could never get a hold of Iriez.

]

By the way, if you haven't tried dual debug, i suggest it....DP, let me know when it's updated..

AMOC

jamie123

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

lmao, anyone see the new picture on their homepage?

Brizzzer

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 04:52:00 AM »

Did anyone stop and think that piracy acually contributes to business?  I mean piracy did invent "anti-cheating/piracy" software for games.  Such as punkbuster for software legit check and Safedisc for copy CDs and DVDs.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Brizzzer @ Jun 5 2006, 11:59 AM) View Post

Did anyone stop and think that piracy acually contributes to business?  I mean piracy did invent "anti-cheating/piracy" software for games.  Such as punkbuster for software legit check and Safedisc for copy CDs and DVDs.

Did you stop to think how someone breaking into your house and stealing all your stuff contributes to business.
I mean there is the alarm fitters, the window people to replace your broken window. the dog breeder for you to buy your Rottweiler from. hell these thieves are keeping the economy going. /sarcasm
Don't talk crap and don't promote piracy in here.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Phobios @ Jun 5 2006, 05:00 PM) View Post

If the thieves would copy everything I had in my house, I would not care.  tongue.gif

No because you lose nothing. What if they copied some designs you had done and then started selling them at boot sales in your neighbourhood for a fifth of the price you were selling them at and your business started going down the toilet.
You can try and justify it all you like but the fact is piracy is stealing. Because large companies have large incomes does not make it right to steal from them.

Puskas

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

lets say you have a budget of $100 per month to put on games and movies...
you buy one movie, you go watch one movie and you buy one game...

the movies will keep you occupied about 4-10 hours a month and the game if you are lucky will keep you occupied 50 hours the first month, and then you buy a new game and you will probably not go back to that game again, so thats 60 hours worth of fun for your $100... thats 2 hours per day... is that enough fun for one day ? I have atleast 6 hours of spare time every day, not to mention the weekends where I have 16 hours of spare time, so that means I will spend about 52 hours in the first 2 weeks after I bought my game and movie on my game and movie, which gives me about 1.5 weeks worth of boring game and boring move which I will not watch or play again... so what to do??

and what if my example is too generous?? what if the game is only 10 hours long and replay value is equal too zero?? you will finish the game and movie in 2 days, leaving you with 28 days of NOTHING TO DO..

one solution would be for the companies to make better games and make them cheaper, if they doubled the play time and halfed the prices I would be happy to go and buy 2 games a month and 1 movie.
but then again, there are soo soo many good games out there that I cannot afford, and lets say I could afford all the new good games, and I buy them all, when will I have time to play them??

well well, end of my ramblings, hope it makes a little bit of sense.. wink.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

and what if my example is too generous?? what if the game is only 10 hours long and replay value is equal too zero?? you will finish the game and movie in 2 days, leaving you with 28 days of NOTHING TO DO..

Thats assuming that all you do is play games in your free time. There is a big wide world outside and plenty of other interests one could take up. Its not healthy to spend all your free time playing games.
I have to agree their should be a drop in the price of games or at least some scheme run by the manufacturers on the theme of game exchanges where you can pay a minimal fee return your as new but beaten game for a different one. Not the type of rip off ones that some stores run.
Get oblivion that sounds like it will take a while to finish.
Pages: 1 [2] 3