xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rep. William Jefferson  (Read 224 times)

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(damam @ Jun 12 2006, 10:43 AM) View Post

@Jha'dhur
because jefferson is black - in your world - doesnt that mean that he is automatically going to jail guilty or not?

Im not saying anything.

I believe that is what you are trying to infer. Last I checked he wasnt charged with a crime, so debating his guilt seems a little premature.

And since the money trail leads back to the white house, exposing him means exposing others who are already publicly emabattled.

Not to mention the constitutional issues of seperation of powers.

In your world,as you put it, I guess the rules of law dont matter.

I do find it somewhat telling that you can debate the innocence of a man charged with crime facing 7-10, and debate the guilt of soemone not even as much as questioned by authrities.

damam

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(jha'dhur @ Jun 12 2006, 04:14 AM) View Post

And since the money trail leads back to the white house, exposing him means exposing others who are already publicly emabattled.

Please explain how the money lead back to the white house.

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(damam @ Jun 12 2006, 12:54 PM) View Post

Please explain how the money lead back to the white house.

Personal hunch.

Dubya is expending a lot of "political capital" in a time when his mom probably wouldnt vote for him.

And, the story has been swept under the rug, because people in high places wish it.

Plus reminds me alot of the token republican negro Bush cronies were paying to promote no child left behind agenda.

New Orleans!! After the beating he took there.

I dont believe in Coincidence.

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Jun 12 2006, 08:59 PM) View Post

Once again Jha'dhur...he has been more than "questioned by authorities"....
THEY SEARCHED HIS OFFICE.... REMEMBER?

Secondly, in the USA the guilt of a man charged with a crime is just as speculative as the guilt of a man not charged with a crime.  They are both innocent until PROVEN guilty....

So...its perfectly legitimate to debate both people's guilt

Finally, your just assuming that Jefferson got money from Bush?
That is pretty much normal for you....we get to hear alot about your assumptions, but God forbid anyone ask you to produce evidence for your ridiculous and often completely wrong assumptions....

S.O.S.

Stuck on Stupid

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 05:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Jun 13 2006, 05:00 PM) View Post

Ah I see the resident cheerleader has joined us again....

Hey PhatIrishBastard, while your here do me a favor and explain to jha'dhur how to properly model a static free-body diagram.  You know what im talking about[F(g)=mg].  I know you wont, even though you know that jha'dhur was talking out his ass when he claimed that F=ma was just a gross simplication for freefall.  

Also, dont just post your cheerleading crap.
You also know that jha'dhur is once again randomly speculating on the case with an extraordinary amount of liberalism.(not the political type).

I will make a bet with you two bumbling idiots though.
Who wants to place a bet on the odds that Jefferson will have his day in court?

You are boring.

This story is boring.

That is probably the reason it has fallen out of the NEWS.

QUOTE(puckSR @ Jun 13 2006, 05:00 PM) View Post

Hey PhatIrishBastard, while your here do me a favor and explain to jha'dhur how to properly model a static free-body diagram.  You know what im talking about[F(g)=mg].  I know you wont, even though you know that jha'dhur was talking out his ass when he claimed that F=ma was just a gross simplication for freefall.  

Someone should teach you first. You, your alter "ego" as well as GAYDER remind me of the three stooges.

Your fascination with semantics and your utter stupidity is "STAGGERING"

I have already wasted enough time with this post on you hillbillies.

Chook

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(PhatIrishBastard @ Jun 13 2006, 10:32 AM) View Post

S.O.S.

Stuck on Stupid

superglued your dick to j'durtared again?

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 05:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Jun 15 2006, 02:21 AM) View Post

Ah thats cute....but my semantics are important.
Answer the question...and consider my love of semantics....
Was jha'dhur full of crap when he claimed that F=ma is a gross oversimplification only applicable to object in FREE-FALL?

Then we can move on to the topic of LAW.

You "still" holding you breathe for the negro to be charged with a crime.

CockSr or excuse me Chook, or whatever you call yourself these days.

ph34r.gif

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Jul 10 2006, 10:54 AM) View Post

Lol...your really confident about this...aren't you?

You might want to remember that the Delay scandal actually occured in 2002.
Wheels of Justice turn slowly on capitol hill.
But they do turn...and they will turn again

Why do you even worry about such things jha'duh?
You obviously lack the cognitive capacity to understand basic mathematic or scientific principles
You spout nonsense about political scenarios...and you believe in some "secret conspiracy" that is either pro or anti black...depending on your mood on any particular day

Ive never seen someone blatantly lie so much, or refuse to admit they are wrong.
If Sen. Jefferson is indicted tomorrow...you will probably tell us all how that was your claim all along.
Your a hoot....
BTW...if you really want prove me wrong in the realm of physics...head over to Physorg and start explaining to them about the utter simplicity and complete lack of reality in Newton's Second Law.  I promise I will respond.

Spoken like a true " Big Dumb Texan", is that hillbilly (Texan) that raped and killed the 14 year old Iraqi girl any kin to you.

But funny political pundits did point out that Gary Condit, who was found to be having affair with his intern that turned up dead. Did not face any sanctions while under investigation for murder. There were also twop other "white looking" legislators who also recieved litlle to no sanction.

IPB Image

HMM...... Just an observation!!!!

Nothings going to happen to Jefferson (legally)

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Jul 10 2006, 01:48 PM) View Post

If they had found any evidence to link him to the crime...Im sure he would have faced justice

Just like Jefferson, HUH!!!!!!!!!

puckSR

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

Jefferson, D-New Orleans, had filed a motion asking to have the computer files and two boxes of documents taken from his office returned, calling the search an infringement by the executive branch.

U.S. District Judge Thomas Hogan ruled against him, saying the raid was legal.
2theadvocate.com

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(damam @ May 27 2006, 10:34 AM) View Post

my fist thoughts about William Jeferson was a yawn, same old same old.  A member of congress thats corrupted, What a surprise.  And a member of the all powerful "Ways and Means Committee" no less.  Of course I got my digs in because he also happened to be a liberal too.  To further add HCL to this wound, he is from New Orleans.  So while his constituents suffered he was raking it in.  The FBI also caught him on tape taking bribes less some of you out there think the $92000 in his freezer was legit.  Of course William Jefferson claims there is another side to this story, and america has been waiting for nearly a year to hear it. . .   Ever since then he has more or less stone walled the FBI.  So the FBI got a signed warrant to search his congressional office.  

So congress signs the patriot act, but heaven forbid its actually used on them.  Both dem and repub of congress came together to try to block the stuff seized from being used against him.  The arguement saying that a president could use the FBI to harrass individuals of congress.  Kind of like when Clinton ordered all of the FBI files of his enemies in congress to be shipped to the white house.  Of course for actual search and seizures to occur it would have to take two branches of governement to gang up on the third.  No single branch can do that.  Then you have them saying that he cant be arrested while congress is in session even though the Constitution itself precisely states otherwise, and includes felonies as a reason for removal and arrest.

Then you have the black caucaus ordering nancy pelosi to not discipline him or else they would with draw support during the next election.   Which in a sense says "yeah we african americans think its ok to take bribes so long as your a dem (and/or black?)".

With so many people, both repub and dem coming to his aid it really makes you wonder what is really going on uhh.gif

And if congress actually successfully blocks congressional searches, what will stop the inherent corruption in the future?

Group Lists 13 'Most Corrupt' in Congress

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington says in its report that the 13 members, among them Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) and House Majority Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), might have violated a variety of congressional ethics rules.

The bipartisan list includes three Californians: Reps. Richard W. Pombo (R-Tracy), Maxine Waters (D-Los Angeles) and Randy "Duke" Cunningham (R-Rancho Santa Fe).

Cunningham is one of two House members whose residences have been searched as part of separate federal criminal investigations. The other, Rep. William J. Jefferson (D-La.), also is named on the watchdog group's list.

Three of those named on the list — Sen. Conrad Burns (R-Mont.) and Reps. Bob Ney (R-Ohio) and Tom Feeney (R-Fla.) — were cited for their dealings with onetime super-lobbyist Jack Abramoff, who is the subject of congressional and federal grand jury investigations. Abramoff was indicted last month on fraud charges relating to a Florida business deal. He has pleaded not guilty.

IPB Image

Bill Frist (R-Tenn.)

IPB Image

House Majority Whip  Roy Blunt (R-Mo.)

IPB Image

Reps. Richard W. Pombo (R-Tracy)

IPB Image

Maxine Waters (D-Los Angeles)

IPB Image

Randy "Duke" Cunningham (R-Rancho Santa Fe)

IPB Image

Rep. William J. Jefferson (D-La.)

IPB Image

Sen. Conrad Burns (R-Mont.)

IPB Image

Reps. Bob Ney (R-Ohio)

IPB Image

Tom Feeney (R-Fla.)

Then you have the black caucaus ordering nancy pelosi to not discipline him or else they would with draw support during the next election.   Which in a sense says "yeah we african americans think its ok to take bribes so long as your a dem (and/or black?)".

Put it on the card, baby the taxpayers will pick it up.  Once again your observations have no basis in reality.
Your ideology is quite apparent.

damam

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(PhatIrishBastard @ Jul 17 2006, 06:57 AM) View Post

. . .
Put it on the card, baby the taxpayers will pick it up.  Once again your observations have no basis in reality.
Your ideology is quite apparent.

sleeping.gif
putting aside the fact that CREW (from whome you obtained this list) is by their own admission a left leaning organization and is therefore hardly an unbiased source for the end all list of corrupt politicians I did say in this very thread that

QUOTE(damam @ Jun 8 2006, 08:43 AM) View Post

"Corruption is usually found with the party that is in power"

which implies that at the moment the republicans are more corrupt than the democrats.

secondly, I have never attempted to hide my ideology in any way.  I have been very open and honest about being a libertarian.

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(damam @ Jul 17 2006, 04:31 PM) View Post

sleeping.gif
putting aside the fact that CREW (from whome you obtained this list) is by their own admission a left leaning organization and is therefore hardly an unbiased source for the end all list of corrupt politicians I did say in this very thread that

which implies that at the moment the republicans are more corrupt than the democrats.

secondly, I have never attempted to hide my ideology in any way.  I have been very open and honest about being a libertarian.

YOU, would pick the LEFT/RIGHT Demmy, Repub defense, pretty sterotypical I might add.

But Hey maybe Al Sharpton or Sean Penn sent the hookers for Rep. Bob Ney (R-Ohio) defense contractor parties.

[corny]It was blackmail, get it BLACK MALE.........[/corny]

wink.gif

damam

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Jul 17 2006, 12:55 PM) View Post

Hmm...didnt they do this because any action against him would be violating his constitutionally protected assumption of innocence?
Sorry...but they arent moving to protect a convicted criminal(even if the evidence is overwhelming), they are moving to protect an accused criminal.

Officially maybe.  And I do think that would be a fair stance if they applied that equaelly to all members of congress.

puckSR

• Archived User
Rep. William Jefferson
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

Officially maybe. And I do think that would be a fair stance if they applied that equaelly to all members of congress.

Hmmm...I didnt say that life was fair.
I am simply saying that we must judge the individual merit of this action.

Sometimes people who are guilty get off without being convicted....
However...that doesnt mean that all guilty people get away with their crime.

What has happened so far with Sen. Jefferson is all fair.
What happened so far with other Senators may have been less fair...but it is what happened.
Pages: 1 [2]