xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: What Do You Think Of Pro-immigrant March?  (Read 1330 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
What Do You Think Of Pro-immigrant March?
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

We don't already do that. If the companies that hired them were properly penalized then the illegals would have no reason to come here.

Send them away, or make them legal, and it will have no effect on our economy in a year. Laws of supply and demand.

They do NOT do jobs noone else wants to do. That is rediculous.

And they get free healthcare, puckSR, if you read back I already discussed it, because they don't have to pay for it. No copay, no nothing. Hence, free.

w2kj

• Archived User
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2006, 05:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ May 1 2006, 10:02 PM) View Post

Nah...my actual motive for allowing illegal immigrants is goes along these lines....
This country was founded on immigrants....and will continue to rely on immigrants....
It is both naive to believe we are better off without them and cruel to claim that their rights as human beings do not matter.

I have no problem with immigrants.....I DO have a problem with ILLEGALS.  Illegals are the problem.  All they need to do is to respect the laws of this land.  That's the problem.  The Mexicans have this idea that they can roam the entire continent without any respect of any laws or our borders.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »

God forbid I misspell a word, I must be stupid. Or in a rush. Either way, I see you resort to attacking the man instead of the ideas again. Good for you. IPB Image

Good luck in your endeavours. You lost another person to debate with. Keep it up, noone else will ever post in here again. But, hey, you will always be right.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2006, 06:52:00 AM »

^^^
Thank you for bringing a mature voice into the discussion.

Your point with the healthcare situation is valid. I am simply stating that an illegal is tremendously less likely to pay after receiving care than a non-illegal. The only numbers I have are from my wife, who has seen her hospital pay other hospitals to take the illegal patients, after they have been treated. Simply because it saves the hospital money. It is cheaper to pay another hospital to take care of them than it is to continue treatment themselves.

Unfortunatley, our healthcare system is now big business. Money is the priority. As I said earlier, I do not have a solution. You are right, you cannot blame the illegals. But, you cannot deny that they are a major contributing factor.

I say stealing food to eat is wrong. If I was in that situation and I had to steal to feed my child, I would do it. I would also accept the consequences. I would walk over to the owner of the apple orchard and say, "my son was starving and I took an apple for him. I have no money, is there a way I can pay you back?"
What the illegals are doing, is saying it is their right to steal apples cause they are hungry. I disagree with the process of their logic. Not the cause, the process.

When I was in Mexico, I lived in Metepec/Puebla. (Puebla is nicer than a lot of places in the U.S. by the way)I went to many cities including Mexico City and many small towns. There are people that do live in very rough situations. I do not know the numbers, but in America we have the same type of people. People living on the streets, no education, etc. Again, it is unfortunate. But, as the world power, is it our responsibility to fix other countries corruption problems? Is it our job to take in the worlds uneducated and unlawful? I do not think so. It is our job to be big brother, but not be an open pocket dad.

Do not misinterpret what I am saying. I am only adding a different perspective to your comments, I am not saying they are wrong.

w2kj

• Archived User
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(aeneaslara @ May 2 2006, 07:32 AM) View Post

I have worked hard to get the degrees I have. I have served in the military, and had to spend my time in the sandbox overseas. I am willing to fight for everything I've earned, and I would be more than happy to defend myself from anyone. Especially the likes of w2kj.

You sure told me, huh. (Oh by the way; you misspelled c-o-t-t-o-n....twice. wink.gif )  

I'm not a hate monger; really I'm not.  I have no problem with you personally.  I have no problem with ethnic diversity.  I have no problem with immigrants.  I have no problem with Mexico or Mexicans.  

I do have a problem with illegal immigrants of any nationality.  If they are documented; well then by all means, come on in.  If they pay their taxes; come on in.  If they will abide by the laws of this land; come on in.  Anybody wishing to immigrate....please just respect our laws...that's what most people of this nation are upset about right now.  Illegal entry.

I'm not extremely educated; I don't have any degrees; I have raised a family by the sweat of my brow; I have worked in less than desirable jobs; I not wealthy; my father served in 3 wars; my mother served during the Korean Conflict; and my son is now serving in the U.S. Air Force; and our family were immigrants too, some 100+ years ago.  But I will defend this country and will stand up for it's immigration laws.

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

Isn't all this, just new slave labour? No longer africans but mexicans. Didn't america learn anything the last time? MLK? X?

immagrants...
If they're illegal, kick them out. Ban them like x-s does to pirates. - simple. I'm sure the rupublicans could find a way to connect illegal immagrants with terrorists.

Open up the borders to legal immagrants, and let the ones who follow the rules get the benifits. Allow more of the patient and law binding in.

Those who wait inline should be in a moving line.

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ May 2 2006, 05:50 AM) View Post

God forbid I misspell a word, I must be stupid. Or in a rush. Either way, I see you resort to attacking the man instead of the ideas again. Good for you. IPB Image

Good luck in your endeavours. You lost another person to debate with. Keep it up, noone else will ever post in here again. But, hey, you will always be right.

LMAO,

You two should get married.

Real simple, companies that do business in this matter should be fined/jailed and exposed to public. If you choose to buy their services and goods then you condomn their "illegal" actions.

Realistically, you are pissing in the wind upper class america makes to much money from 3rd world workers. Therefore nothing is going to change, Tommy Hillfiger will keep selling $ 100 shirts made in China for $2.25.

I am trying to get me a few Mexicans or eastern europeans on the payroll.  dry.gif

VOTE!!!!!!!

P.S.
If you figure out how to capture and deport 12 million people(Just mexicans not to mention Asians, Canadians, others) from lower 48 states when CIA cant catch the tallest man in afghanistan(size of Texas) you should  run for political office.

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

^^ didn't they(illegal immagrants) do that already? That big march? All of them together at once? If the US government wanted the illegal immagrants out, they would have acted yesterday(or the day before?).
Round 'em up and ship 'em. They didn't. It's because they have a new slave labour.

Old habits die hard.

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(_iffy @ May 2 2006, 10:11 AM) View Post

^^ didn't they(illegal immagrants) do that already? That big march? All of them together at once? If the US government wanted the illegal immagrants out, they would have acted yesterday(or the day before?).
Round 'em up and ship 'em. They didn't. It's because they have a new slave labour.

Old habits die hard.

I dont think 12 million showed up but good point.

QUOTE(_iffy @ May 2 2006, 10:11 AM) View Post

It's because they have a new slave labour.
Old habits die hard.

British americans get offended when faced with the totality of the crimes against humanity they have commited in several lands.

When those planes flew into the towers and Brits began to jump to their deaths  muhaha.gif , it kind of reminded me of that movie about american slavery when the africans would jump to their deaths in the Atlantic rather than be a slave.

Turnabout is fairplay

LOL

It is the "American" pride. It will be there undoing.

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ May 2 2006, 03:28 PM) View Post
They may be stealing your tax dollars, and they may be stealing your jobs....but your wrong to claim they are stealing....
Uhmmm....

I know you were making a point, but when you take it out of context, it makes quite the funny oxymoron.

Juniorman030790

• Archived User
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

puckSR. You were right. I was and still am semi-uninformed.

I think anyone on earth should have the right to be treated humanely.

I think If stealing food is a survival issue then people must do what they must do. I wouldn't condone it but if you gotta. Then do it.

aeneaslara: you bring several good points into the conversation.

If a person was born in the US then they should not be persecuted for having an illegal parent. If the parent chose to come to the US to have their child and still be illegal then yeah, that's not good but whatever. It's for a better life.

My main concern is tax money and things of that nature. Money issues.

I think the government already gives too many handouts to people who don't deserve it, ie: lazy people and people who have a "higher than thou" attitued.

There is no need to pick on anyone for a typo. That's just stupid.

aeneaslara

• Archived User
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(w2kj @ May 2 2006, 08:31 AM) View Post

(Oh by the way; you misspelled c-o-t-t-o-n....twice. wink.gif )  

Oh yeah, w2kj, you really showed me!  Oh the shame, I misspelled cotton.  I got it right this time though, didn't I?  C-o-t-t-on.  So yeah I guess I did.  Does that make you feel smart to point out other people's spelling errors?

My degrees are in business, accounting to be exact (BBA & MBA)  so I guess I will blame my spelling errors on the fact that they are not two English degrees.

I'm glad your not a hate monger, but that is exactly what you paint yourself out to be when you say stuff like this:  

"The brown people worldwide are gradually taking over this country. Americans and Europeans need to quit being so complacent and do something about it. The Muslims are taking over Europe; and the Mexicans are taking over the U.S. This shit burns my butt.

I guess everybody ought to bone up on their spanish....or start learning how to use chop-sticks; because we are a dying breed."

What does it matter what religion people are?  What does it matter that people speak a different language than you?  So, what type of "dying breed" are you exactly?  I'm sorry, but when you say stuff like that, you make yourself seem hateful and intolerant of other races and ethnicities.  I appreciate your a hard worker, and I know its hard to try to make a better life for your family.  So why are you getting so angry at other human beings for trying to do the same for their families?  I also know what hard work is.  I've worked in the cotton fields, corn fields, oil fields, gas fields, and sewer repair.  I've dug ditches and built fences.  Farmwork, ranchwork, just about any other hard "outside" work, ie manual labor, I've done.  I've never really done any mechanical repair though.  I've also did easier jobs too.  I've worked at a Dairy Queen, in the YMCA tutoring junior high kids, I tutored students at my universtiy, and I am currently tutoring two blind friends with their college work.  I was in the Army, went to Iraq, came home, and just now finished my MBA. (I've been finished with the classes, I've just been waiting for commencement)  My dad was an immigrant, but my mom's family has lived in Texas since the 1700's. (she's of Spanish descent and her family was one of the first to settle in Texas)  Her family had its land taken from them after the Texas Revolution, even though they supported the Texas rebels.  That's fair isn't it?  I know about hard times and hard work, so please don't use that as an excuse for your anger.  I just choose not to blame it on others.

Cowtown, TX.  You don't happen to be from a small town about 100 miles from Houston do you?  Because that is where I am from and its name is very similar to Cowtown.

throwinks and Juniorman030790, thanks for your compliment.  I tried to be mature and fair in my assessment of other people's posts.

Again, illegals do not get free healthcare.  They are supposed to pay for it, but they make it free when the do not pay for it.  Just like everyone else who skips out on a hospital bill.  Yet even this is too large a blanket statement because not all illegals skip out on their hospital bills, just those who don't want to pay for it.  But yes the ones who do not pay do put a huge burden on the system that is already being stretched.  But it is being stretched because our citizens are doing the same thing; skipping out on their bills, I mean.  As for trying to help people in need, isn't that what we are doing in Iraq?

Also, lazy people from any where do not deserve any help.  So Juniorman030790 I agree with you there.

To me, the most important thing is to bring these people out of the shadows.  We need this so that those people who are truly criminals can be properly dealt with, and those who can truly help or need help can be left here.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2006, 03:58:00 AM »

Open up your borders?  America already has 20 million + illegals.  

This number is not suprising considering the Mexican governemnt gives the green light for it's own people to abuse another nations hospitality.  For example booklets are handed out to wannabe illegals that show them safe crossing points and places in America where an illegal might find work.

The Mexican government does not want to look after it own, it would rather push the problem on to some one else's door step.  If illegals want a better life then they must make there country great rather than making another nation great.  

One last note, I can not believe someone mentioned America does not have a native language, what language does the US government speak,    Spanish?

laugh.gif

shuyin131

• Archived User
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2006, 05:37:00 AM »

They believe in hardwork and humility....just like the immigrants who founded this country.
I honestly believe that allowing them to cross the border freely would encourage lazy americans to get off their asses and work.

I kinda agree, and kind of not.  You got a percentage that do good over here, at least, on your average joe, underdog kind of way, but you also got a percentage that do bad over here.  The legal process is there for a reason, but since it's bypassed, we don't know who's who.

Really????
My current understanding is that most illegal immigrants work as day labor.....
It would be just as easy for a citizen to stand outside home depot and wait to get picked up....but they dont
90% of them are illegal aliens....why?
BTW your spelling is the only ridiculous thing...

That's because real citizens go through the proper channels, because we have the proper paperwork.  Just because you don't see the otherside of the tracks doesnt mean it's not there.  My friend, who's a hispanic, can only get labor jobs due to only having an HS diploma and that he's not really all that bright of a guy, but this guy gets paid 12+ for doing warehouse work, and he goes through staffing agencies that hand him the jobs like water.  

You might think, 12/hr is pretty low, but not true, where we are, the cost of living is lower, so, we get paid less.  12/hr is actually a lot over here, he's kickin it in a new apartment, got the snazziest new phone, new car, etc.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2006, 05:56:00 AM »

Groups that advise advocacy organizations on legal issues also convey the same message, although more carefully couched. In a paragraph titled "What are the risks in applying for and using the ITIN?" the National Employment Law Project gives the following advice: "It is not in the IRS’s tax collection interest to disclose information to the INS. Thus far, advocates have not learned of any specific situations where the IRS has shared information with the INS. However, there is no guarantee that IRS or a state agency would not share this information with the INS."20
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16