xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How Do You React This?  (Read 361 times)

puckSR

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« on: December 22, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

Oh i dont know....

You could ask lots of questions like this....
Why do Christians revere the bible?
Why do Christians listen to Paul?
etc.

Actually, it is a fairly well-known fact that Jesus was not born in the winter....if he was born at all.

gcskate27

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »

99% of "christians" are complete morons who cant wrap their head around reason anyway...

throwingks

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

Did Yoda start this thread.
React bad I do.

puckSR

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

What exactly do you mean when you say that Jesus walked the Earth?

That is somewhat like saying that King Arthur walked the Earth.

What exactly are we defining as Jesus?  The man who inspired the bible?  The man named Jesus?  Could Jesus, like arthur, be an amalgamation of many people?

The question over the divinity of Christ is even debated within Christianity....

moysti

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Dec 22 2005, 11:56 PM) View Post

99% of "christians" are complete morons who cant wrap their head around reason anyway...

I like the cut of your mustard sir!! beerchug.gif

pepsik

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Dec 23 2005, 07:19 PM) View Post

What exactly do you mean when you say that Jesus walked the Earth?

That is somewhat like saying that King Arthur walked the Earth.

What exactly are we defining as Jesus?  The man who inspired the bible?  The man named Jesus?  Could Jesus, like arthur, be an amalgamation of many people?

The question over the divinity of Christ is even debated within Christianity....

The spread of xtianity would not have occurred in such a massive scale if he was a figment of someone's imagintation, that's why his existence is not questioned. Like Arvarden said, the real question is if he was the son of god and if he walked the earth doing the things they say he did.

Personally I'm with gcskate.

lordvader129

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Dec 23 2005, 03:41 PM) View Post

The reason Christianity flourished?  Some dude thought Jesus told him to paint a cross on his shields, and then he won a battle.  That dude then made all of his people convert to Christianity, and he just happened to control the largest empire in the world.

ah, constantine, hes more the founder of christianity than christ himself, lol

BILLS

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 08:09:00 PM »

I find it Ironic that one of the main parts of christianity that makes it different from other religions is that Christianity involves "your personal connection with god"...its a personal thing yet missionaries were sent all over the world throughtout history, therefore making it a not-so-personal eyt public religion. No one draws their own conclusions anymore. They let their reverend, their bishops, and their pope tell them that the sky is orange (if you catch my drift) and they believe it  sleeping.gif And if you tell a christian follower this he will most likely get offensive.....I feel what your saying puck sr....with the cross on the shield  cool.gif

Im not Atheist but i think religion is stupid....a scam to sponge off the people money. Its propaganda driven garbage. I believe in god, and i believe that there is a greater force, I have proven to myself, I thank god everyday, and i dont have to have a religion to do it.

Unfotunately Christianity fits in with that white mans burden crap....and unfortunately Christianity is the imperialist of all religions with the most followers world wide  unsure.gif   Its like brainwashing. Having others believe things that happened thousands of years ago....The funny thing is its hard to play the game telephone with more then 20 people....imagine telling the story of christ for 2000 years....I imagine something changed in the midst of the story telling  laugh.gif

my 2 cents.....

BILLS

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »

1. Yea, constantine...he heard "the voice of christ"...i know thats what you were reffering to.  wink.gif

2. Protestants are the people that run the US's wonderful government, they are so full of shit they could easily beat an elephant in a crap collecting contest. They are corrupted, and talking about them and their scattered motives would take a life time.

3. BC, (Before Christ) since after that time ended their were personal opinons, and thoughts on Jesus that floated around, those thoughts and opinions are now in a book, this book goes for a reasonable amount of money to god knows who, and tells a bunch of stories people would stake their life on. That book is called the bible.

Something to talk about?

(True Story)
How about how people go away to Christain summer camps and bible study, then come home and throw out their rap CD's, and go to church 4 times a week.

I dont know what happens at those camps, but it seems to be the equivalent of brainwashing.

mitch2025

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

i agree that A LOT of christians blindly follow their religion. however there are christians that question things everyday (like me). i go to a christian school and everyday almost i ask my religion teacher a question about something about the bible. usualy he can answer my question but sometimes he cant because he doesnt know everything. i do not believe in shoving religion up peoples ass's (yea i cussed and am christian lol). i have a friend that is EXTREAMLY athiest. i dont talk about christ whenever i talk to him though. if he has a question then ill answer it the best i can. and whoever said that 99% of christians are morons then your a little off. its actualy kinda like 75-80% heh. 1 more thing. what sounds more realistic? shapes and objects randomly being generated in 3DS Max and creating a PERFECT working model of a person (with organs and all) or someone controlling everything in the creation of a model of a person and making a perfect model?

lordvader129

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

3. BC, (Before Christ) since after that time ended their were personal opinons, and thoughts on Jesus that floated around, those thoughts and opinions are now in a book, this book goes for a reasonable amount of money to god knows who, and tells a bunch of stories people would stake their life on. That book is called the bible.

im not sure where you were going with this one, but about 2/3s of the bible (the old testament) was written before jesus (i believe the dead sea scrolls are from 200bc and are the oldest known copies of the hebrew texts)

the bible was written over the course of about 70 years after christ

of course constantines "finalization" of christian doctrine

the current king james translation/interpretation was written about 1611 (i think)

so that leaves about 3 major places for changes to occur

1 more thing. what sounds more realistic? shapes and objects randomly being generated in 3DS Max and creating a PERFECT working model of a person (with organs and all) or someone controlling everything in the creation of a model of a person and making a perfect model?

evolution vs creation is a COMPLETELY different discussion than just the existance of god or the accuracy of the bible

n00bFRAGGER

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »

It's pretty safe to say that many people who attend church gatherings in Catholicism don't know much about the religion itself. I will also say it's pretty safe to say that 95% of students that attend public schools do not believe in religion all together. There are a lot of aspects of the Bible that I do not agree with. I do believe in the theory of evolution, because it makes a little more sense. Stories of how Jesus fed a huge amount of people with a couple barrels of bread and water just doesn't compute as well.

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Dec 24 2005, 10:31 AM) View Post

Sorry...I have to call you out on this assumption

I would argue that the religious identity of public school attendants closely follows the religious distribution for americans in general
Once again, i have to dispute a small point
Evolution makes sense
Creationism/Intelligent Design/Raelism does not make sense
I do not believe that he was referring to evolution.  I believe he was simply referring to Theism.  
The problem with your question however, is that the randomly generated model does not have to look like a human.  A lot of people think about this in the wrong way.  The non-designed thing can be anything fully functional.  It does not have to be a human.  

In distant stars we are witnessing the birth of solar systems.  I will guarantee you that none of these new solar systems will look anything like ours.  It will have different planets, different orbits, and everything.
Does this mean that the only way that our solar system could be created is through divine intervention?
No

I have read your technobable on and off for a few months now, and you really eximplify the typical "Catholic", of todays times. Confused, and battling internal demons.

Evolution is psudoescience and intelligent design is also, but it is clear from your prolonged ramblings that you dont have a firm grasp on either of the concepts.

You should write a manifesto that comes with a free ANAL PLUG or whatever other freaky shit you are into.

I see why they banned you from that other site, "they saw through you BS"

George I really fear that you will be the topic of an AMBER alert in the very near future

n00bFRAGGER

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »

Sorry...I have to call you out on this assumption

This was an assumption, but one that was based on the amount of people that have said they don't believe in any religion for that matter. I don't hear anyone proclaiming any religion at our school. It would be wrong to say that 95% of students in every school don't believe in religion, because I don't go to private schools.

lordvader129

• Archived User
How Do You React This?
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(n00bFRAGGER @ Dec 24 2005, 09:52 AM) View Post

This was an assumption, but one that was based on the amount of people that have said they don't believe in any religion for that matter. I don't hear anyone proclaiming any religion at our school. It would be wrong to say that 95% of students in every school don't believe in religion, because I don't go to private schools.

i think i agree, at at the HS level 95% of students dont care about religion, they were probably raised one way or the other, and claim it on surveys, but they dont practice and are far from "believers"

probably just a product of adolescence, and the kids mature they figure out what they believe in

Evolution is psudoescience and intelligent design is also, but it is clear from your prolonged ramblings that you dont have a firm grasp on either of the concepts.

so whats psudo about evolution? i dont think you have any grasp of the concept
Pages: [1] 2 3 4