xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xbox Modders Charged with Copyright Crime  (Read 438 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Xbox Modders Charged with Copyright Crime
« on: December 19, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »

Stripes

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

damn. thats stupid, y would they sell the xbox WITH the games inside? thats just like the dumbest move some1 can make.  blink.gif

This post has been edited by Stripes: Dec 20 2005, 04:55 AM

prankfurter

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »

chipping an xbox for someone for money is one thing. but selling pirated games... stupid... got what they desirve if you ask me.

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »

selling games bad :|

Not quite as bad as the guys selling a modded xbox out of a store window.  Still foolish.

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

I wonder how long before they seriously move on to sites like this one and the others on net much like the cable industry did with the original black box.

jimk72

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »

$150 for new xbox, $30 for chip, $85 for the HD, adding the 77 games and getting busted- priceless!

LOL

Why would they even add the 77 games. Thats just asking to be thrown in jail. Yep and they sell the stuff, you would think they of all people would know better! They are hurting their own industry for a quick buck. All this after they already busted the one store you think the others that were doing it would think twice.

jer_stud56

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »

Haha theres so many sites that do this that it doesnt matter if they stopped two or three guys. Good job piracy people, you guys are idiots.

Also in response to jimk72 - adding 77 games makes the people that buy them not have to think how to get them, and makes more of a show that they can do that to the "un-sceney" people.

jimk72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »

I don't think we have anything to worry about. It is ok to back up YOUR games and mod YOUR xbox. Just don't offer or sell modded xboxes with games on it that the person doesn't own. There are reasons xbox-scene has the admins they do and they keep a close eye on piracy issues in the forum and downloads sections. As long as they do not host any bios files or games or anything built using the XDK they will be fine.

mckenn88

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »

these guys are retards. i hope they dont start cracking down on everyone who backs up games.

btw stripes ur sig made me laugh  tongue.gif

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »

they deserve it... you DID commit copyright infringement. they'll get hit with a nice big fine

robgue

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »

poor patrick in pico. looks like he crossed the line. sad.gif i bought a dvd drive off of him not too long ago. nice guy.
as is said above it should be and is as far i know legal to mod the xbox. just not copy games you don't own.

This post has been edited by robgue: Dec 20 2005, 05:51 AM

ShyGuy91284

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »

I really hate deceptive headlines....  I knew they probably got busted for putting pirated games on it.  As did most people once they saw the headline probably.  But they had to make the headline sound like they were arrested due to modding, just to get people to make a bigger deal out of it....

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »

Hmm, that sucks.

I've sold a LOT of modded Xboxes, but I've never gone as far as to put games on em, or sell em in a retail store. Stupid.

In my installs it's more like "OK, here's DVD2Xbox, but what you do with it is your own thing, aight?"

Just gotta stay smart, people.

tango65536

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »

I wonder if it's "legal" to install a mod chip and just keep Cromwell on it for the customer. I guess later your could "point" them in the direction of where to get a bios for there chip, etc.

Selling a modded box with 77 games is freak'n nuts! Unless they were somehow imaging the drives at there store that must of taken FOREVER to copy all those dvd's to the hd.. damn!

This post has been edited by tango65536: Dec 20 2005, 07:09 AM

cyberg4

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »

77 games?!?!?!?  I've got 50 (legally purchased over the xbox's lifespan) and wonder why I even played some of them.  but 77, you gotta wonder if something is up if someone wants 77 games loaded onto their HDD.  An excellent example of why you must always assume people are stupid.  These people should also be fined for a complete lack of inteligence.
Pages: [1] 2 3