xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Fall Of George Bush  (Read 551 times)

puckSR

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »

First off...the ACLU is not doing a damn thing

Some atheist sued because he felt that Christmas was a rights violation.  The ACLU defended him and im sure that the judge threw it out.

The ACLU has been known to look for particular cases that would challenge something that they find strongly violates civil liberties...but they still just offer legal aid.

They have to go overboard?  Thats the whole fucking point.
If they only defended the cases that you thought were righteous...then they would be biased towards you.

They try to show no bias...so they defend everyone and everything.

Do you really think that the ACLU supported Nazis when they defended their right to march?  They were represented by a Jewish Lawyer.

You are a reactionary.  You do not like the ACLU because they try to bring cases to court.  Are you telling me that you should decide what cases they defend?

The worst thing to ever happen to America was Christian Fundamentalism.
Fundamentalists are capable of becoming terrorists
Fundamentalists are willing to sacrifice a lot for their beliefs
Fundamentalists are a cult
Fundamentalists are destroying the chance that America can emerge as an Intellectual Power

God bless the fact that one organization will defend anything that can be described as a civil liberty.  If you dont agree with the outcome of court cases...go yell at the judge or jury.

lordvader129

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

thast why christmas break is called midterm break most places, and easter break is spring break

they arent banning the holiday or even the break, just removing the religion implications from the name

i don tknow how or if the ACLU is onvolved with that, i just want to clear up the issues in general lol

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 12 2005, 03:40 AM)
maybe raceism isnt exactly the right word, but its still a prejudice generalization, and sad you dont even realize it

lordvader129

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(xmedia2004 @ Nov 12 2005, 12:24 AM)
Seeing that those are the words of associated press interpreted from a poll.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 12 2005, 11:04 PM)
the AP used "toothless" and "hillbilly" to describe southerners? i would like to see that link

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 12 2005, 11:29 PM)
yeah...if you want to point to a sign that western culture is declining...the phrase "i saw it on the news" works perfectly.

lordvader129

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

In addition to West Virginia, more than 40 percent of Louisiana and Kentucky residents over age 65 were also toothless.

A number of factors contribute to the likelihood that a person will retain their teeth as they age. About 42 percent of high school dropouts had lost all their teeth, compared with 10 percent to 25 percent of those with more education.

And if you need another reason to quit smoking, keeping your teeth may be it. About 41 percent of daily smokers were toothless, compared with 29 percent of occasional smokers, 26 percent of former smokers and 20 percent of never-smokers.

SOURCE: Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1999;48:206-209.

ok, good start, now lets discuss this data, this represents the over 65 polulation of 3 states, it does not represent the entire population of those states (likely less than 40% of the total populace) and probably less than 20% of all southern population, and this doesnt even account for the fact that seniors are more predisposed to have no teeth due simply to their age

so lets do some math (yeah yeah, math is the tool of the devil)
40% of 40% of 20% of the southern population is statisticly toothless, thats roughly 3.2% of the total popualtion, so, is 3% a basis for a broad generalization?

3% is probably an accurate estimate for the percentage of homosexuals in the navy, does that mean its ok to call all people in the navy homosexuals?

but seriously, basis generizations on a very specific 3% of a population could explain alot of the crap you spew, particularly the catholic priest thing

for example, and just so everyone knows im pulling these figures out of my ass they are merely an example, this is how your logic seems to work

90% of priests accused of sexual misconduct are found guilty, therefore 90% of all priests are guilty of sexual misconduct

you take a very specific sample group (those accused of misconduct) then apply those figures to a much larger group (all priests)

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 13 2005, 04:31 AM)
ok, good start, now lets discuss this data, this represents the over 65 polulation of 3 states, it does not represent the entire population of those states (likely less than 40% of the total populace) and probably less than 20% of all southern population, and this doesnt even account for the fact that seniors are more predisposed to have no teeth due simply to their age

puckSR

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »

Anyways xmedia, you like every other kid who doesnt understand politics, thinks that George Bush is going to get kicked out for being unpopular.

Trust me, he wont get kicked out.
He wont even get in much trouble, unless of course he decides to veto this torture amendment.  In that case....oh yeah, hes basically a dead duck

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 15 2005, 06:25 AM)
Romans 2:1

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

Legacy of the moron of the state:

1) Block gunmakers from being sued when they dont prevent kids from getting guns.

2) Cut taxes for big oil, expected they bought presidency for him.

3) Fraud on local, state, federal, and international level.

4) Making money for Halliburton

5) Oh yeah he captured the mayor of Bagdad, the greatest threat to humanity, while Kim Jhong IL builds more nuclear weapons.

lordvader129

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »

1:gunMAKERS not gunSELLERS, but i suppose if it were up to you we'd sue the guy who mined the iron and the guy at the steel mill where they got the metal for the barrel

besides, any kind of law like this had to originate in congress and pass through both the house and senate before the president even saw it, when was the last time you blamed a senator?

2:lower taxes reduces total overhead for the company, resulting a lower pump price for gasoline

how did they "buy" the presidency? no one paid me for my vote

also, law must come through congress first

3:evidence?

4:....because making money is illegal....

5:i suppose youd just leave them both alone, right?

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 18 2005, 04:23 AM)
1:gunMAKERS not gunSELLERS, but i suppose if it were up to you we'd sue the guy who mined the iron and the guy at the steel mill where they got the metal for the barrel

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

"All of us want to support the president when he's at war," Murtha said "But you can't support him when he won't change directions, won't listen."

BDT

BIG DUMB TEXAN...

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

In an Associated Press interview, former Powell chief of staff Lawrence Wilkerson also said     President Bush was "too aloof, too distant from the details" of postwar planning. Underlings exploited Bush's detachment and made poor decisions, Wilkerson said.

Wilkerson blamed Vice President     Dick Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and like-minded aides. He said Cheney must have sincerely believed that     Iraq could be a spawning ground for new terror assaults, because "otherwise I have to declare him a moron, an idiot or a nefarious bastard."

Source
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6