xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Support The Troops?  (Read 1258 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 18 2005, 02:40 AM)
pug_ster, i have to stop you

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 18 2005, 09:02 AM)
i just thought id point it out to anyone with a brain who happens to be reading this, lol

lordvader129

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »

You seem to "want to try to" imply that Tim Russert is in some way trying to mislead the reader.

an opinion writer writing a subjective article? no, never
/sarcasm

my uncle didnt report to his home base of fort knox for 8 months in 1990, does this make him a deserter?

no, it makes him a gulf war veteran

not to say bush ever served overseas, but im saying there are perfectly reasonable explanations for not reporting at your home base, without bush's response in the interview one can only assume he didnt have a reason, of course its just as easy to assume he did have a good reason

in short, that statement may be fact, but the assumptions that must be associated with it to make your point are not fact

Perfect Dark

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »

DEATH TO AMERICA HALA HALA HALA

DEATH TO XMEDIA MALKAAAKKAAKKA

Whats america gonna do when china claims back Taiwan?
Nothing cause they dont have the balls,eg how would you like if New York state wanted to separate from the US and France helped the Governor acquiring its own missiles, weapons and so on? Do you think the US administration would ignore this?

Now some people will say this wont happen the difference is, while New York is definately a part of the United States (one of the founding states as a matter of fact), Taiwan most definately IS NOT a part of China

But the truth Taiwan was always a part of China. Taiwan has been part of China longer than USA even existed

I don't care what the USA says or does. China will NOT allow Taiwan to depart. If the Americans value Taiwan so much, be prepared to pay the ultimate price. Your own destruction

China has thousands of warheads, It can destroy the USA, and also destroy the world through nuclear winter,They also have the largest standing army in the world
And are steadily upgrading there conventional weapons,And will one day be the worlds super power

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Perfect Dark @ Nov 18 2005, 09:28 PM)
DEATH TO XMEDIA MALKAAAKKAAKKA

PuMpKaN

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Perfect Dark @ Nov 18 2005, 03:28 PM)
eg how would you like if New York state wanted to separate from the US and France helped the Governor acquiring its own missiles, weapons and so on? Do you think the US administration would ignore this?

pug_ster

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »

Bush is really getting desparate.  Instead of taking of problems there in the Asian Summit, he comes out and calls out his usual mantra of 'we are not supporting our troops what the democrats say.'  And you have Cheney 'swiftboating' with his usual BS.  

I'm glad that Kerry and the other Democrats start having some backbone and fire back at the president.  Hopefully, we will see a Democratic majority in House, Senate and even in the white house in a few years because this repubilcan led congress, senate, and the white house are toally worthless.

puckSR

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »

I dont know about that...recently coalitions have been popping up that are both democrats and republicans

they have been attacking torture, PATRIOT ACT, and many other previous injustices.

The fact that Bush received carte blanche to do whatever he wanted after 9/11 was the downfall of the current congress, not the actual party affiliation

I would suggest that you continue to vote for your rep based on his actual voting record.
Do not vote republican or democrat, and ignore all of those political ads

Go online, look up voting records on important issues to you, vote accordinly
This is American....everything else is simply propaganda.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

user posted image

Cpl. Roberto Abad 22 years old.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »

Looks like Bush, Cheney and their cronies are swiftboating again accusing Democrats of 'cut and run', whatever that means.  A house vote for 'immediate withdrawl' was turned down 400-3.  Many democrats and Republicans agreed on a phased withdrawl.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

Republicans called Murtha's position one of abandonment and surrender and suggested that the decorated Marine Corps veteran of the Vietnam War and like-minded politicians were acting cowardly.

Two phrases that do not go together in the same sentence.

Cheney backed away from earlier administration characterizations of Rep. John Murtha (news, bio, voting record), D-Pa., as a coward and instead clled him "a good man, a Marine, a patriot

Spoken like a true chicken hawk, Maybe we should investigate wheher the asthma or whatever excuse he put forth to avoid his shift in the killing fields disqualifies him for government

Source

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

2,097 Americans

user posted image

Pfc. John W. Dearing 21 years old.........

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 24 2005, 11:59 PM) View Post

Hey Xmedia...when are you going to do something constructive with all of your hate for current US policy

I dont know...maybe actually try and run for some sort of office?

Bitching in the xbox forum is not exactly constructive

2,106 Americans

bluedeath

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 24 2005, 04:59 PM) View Post

Hey Xmedia...when are you going to do something constructive with all of your hate for current US policy

I dont know...maybe actually try and run for some sort of office?

Bitching in the xbox forum is not exactly constructive

The pot calls the kettle black.  We are all bitching in the xbox forums.  Pathetic I know but obviously birds of a feather.  This is the only forum with a political hack section that has not kicked me out.  Hard to believe ... I know.

I got nowhere else to go....... just like you.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Support The Troops?
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

It makes me wonder why these 18 year olds who want to spend their next few years in the Armed Forces.  Even though 2000 solderiers sounds small.  But much more people would've died if we don't have the advances in medical technology even during in the last Gulf War.  They wouldn't release the amount of soldiers who got honorabily discharged because they got injured but that number would be significant.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11