xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 1017 times)

damam

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2005, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxbox451)
Wow, Dr. Peter Singer, now we crossed into the Twilight Zone.

Isn’t that the guy that feels infants could be killed up to 28 days after birth? He also advocates that bestiality is a natural form of inter-species sex. Since Dr. Singer denounces everthing society holds moral or taboo,  I wonder how a person like him feels about pedophilia?

The one and only beerchug.gif

Dr. Singer is a classic example of the dark hole we can all be led down too by organizations like PETA.  He bases all of his statements on strict logic, that use the premise that we are all animals.  If you take his premises as true his conclusions are unfallable.  I will give him that.  But its also a good example of how science without a moral compass can lead us to places seen by the nazi's.

:sarcasm: I dont think he has taken it far enough.  I ought to be able to kill my kid as long as they are dependent on me in any way.  Financially, emotionally, etc.  tongue.gif

Phizzy

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »

If it's all about a women's choice, why can't a women legally kill (abort) her year old baby, or her week old baby, or even her minute old baby? Why does the legality or illegality simply come down to the location of the fetus/baby? Because the fetus/baby is enveloped inside of a women, separated from the outside word by an inch or two of flesh, it is somehow legal to take the fetus'/baby's life. However, outside the women (even just one second outside the women), it is somehow illegal to take the fetus'/baby's life. Odd how it simply comes down to the location of the fetus/baby, isn't it?

Tony42077

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(Phizzy @ Apr 29 2005, 03:35 PM)
If it's all about a women's choice, why can't a women legally kill (abort) her year old baby, or her week old baby, or even her minute old baby? Why does the legality or illegality simply come down to the location of the fetus/baby? Because the fetus/baby is enveloped inside of a women, separated from the outside word by an inch or two of flesh, it is somehow legal to take the fetus'/baby's life. However, outside the women (even just one second outside the women), it is somehow illegal to take the fetus'/baby's life. Odd how it simply comes down to the location of the fetus/baby, isn't it?

TheGoFind

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »

Murder is a relative concept.  The definition of murder varies from culture to culture. Abortion isn't murder because you aren't killing a human. The Nazi's believed they weren't murderers because they weren't killing humans. The Hutu's believed they weren't murderers because again they weren't killing humans. Josef Mengele was a respected scientist, as well as a staunch supporter of euthanasia and abortion, he was not a murderer.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheGoFind @ Apr 29 2005, 01:31 PM)
Murder is a relative concept.  The definition of murder varies from culture to culture. Abortion isn't murder because you aren't killing a human. The Nazi's believed they weren't murderers because they weren't killing humans. The Hutu's believed they weren't murderers because again they weren't killing humans.

powercntrl

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Phizzy @ Apr 29 2005, 09:46 AM)
The U.S. doesn't have a draft yet? Didn't these "grown American men and women" volunteer for military service?

Parsn!ps

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »

PackerBacker

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »

The real question you all should be wondering is, "Should the supreme court decide abortion rights". The answer to that is NO! The supreme court is way out of it's jurisdiction with any decision not involving federal law. If for example the "Legistlators" (IE Congress) had passed a law saying that abortion was illegal, then they could have stepped in ONLY to enforce the law passed by congress *or* they could step in and proclaim a law written was unconstitutional. You see, the constitution is on top, followed by federal law - followed by state and local community law. So, the only role the supreme court has is to enforce federal or constitutional law. What did they do by ruling on roe v wade? They userped the founding fathers' original intent for the highest court and took the role of legistlating from the bench, they made a law with a ruling. This is tyranical and goes agaist EVERY notion of the supreme court.

Some of the rage you see on issues such as these is that the debate ends. The tyrranical court rules, and that rule becomes law, this is not there role, legistlaters (congress) makes laws, courts are supposed to enforce and adhear to the laws passed. By rulings like these the supreme court proves that they have become a rogue entity. Read some of Justice Scalia's works and you will gain further insite into this.

damam

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2005, 09:00:00 AM »

William Shaw is that you?   . . . at any rate

i agree that the rift would not be so big on this issue if this had been a legislative act rather than a judicial act.

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

I love when pro-lifers are for the death penalty. Talk about hypocrisy. Abortion is fine in the first tri-mester!

AP

Tony42077

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(AkumAPRIME @ May 2 2005, 03:43 PM)
I love when pro-lifers are for the death penalty. Talk about hypocrisy. Abortion is fine in the first tri-mester!

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2005, 11:01:00 AM »

Did your response have any relevance? Am I a pro-deather? No, not any more than you are for losing skin or hair cells. I love it when anyone compares a collection of cells with an innocent baby. IDK what your third sentence meant, so I can't really respond to it. Obviously noone here seriously advocates the murder of 2 year olds. If you're comparing a 2yo with a <3month old fetus, you've got some rethinking/relearning to do.

Tony42077

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2005, 01:31:00 AM »

Oh please teach me your abunadance of biological knowledge, I've got a minute. FYI, you were a collection of cells 1 week after conception, and you are a collection of cells now. I was simply making a statement in the same light as your lack of respect for pre-born human life.

I think that your utter lack of respect for the pre-born is pathetic. How quickly we forget that we were once a 3 month old fetus living inside of our mother's wombs. I don't know what you were doing as a 3 month old fetus (incubating, forming etc), but I was living! You can't argue that the fetus will be born as a human if unaltered. At what point is the fetus actually considered human life in your eyes? There have been cases of babies survivng outside of the womb after only 5 months of pregnancy, as the same way that there have been abortions performed at 7 months and later. What is the difference between these 2 babies? One is alive, and the other was murdered to make their lives easier.

You can attempt to spin it any way you want, but the truth still remains that you are destroying the life of someone that would eventually go on to survive as you are right now. Walking, talkning, breathing, and loving. Who are we to take away someones one chance at life that we all enjoy so much? Choose life and love

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(AkumAPRIME @ May 2 2005, 09:43 AM)

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Abortion
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »

Colonol articulates my thoughts on xbxb451's reply pretty well.

The problem is not that we disagree, 451. Its fine. There are people who think condoms are murder, and/or other birth control devices. It's fine that they disagree too. The problem is that these people are starting to force their views on others. The religious right is chipping away at abortion rights, and god forbid they decide that birth control is murder too...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12