xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Schiavo Case  (Read 612 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

I would agree that starving her to death is kind of cruel.  It would've been much easier to give her an injection or something...  As for the disabled children, I am sure that their next of Kin didn't want them to die.  Also, those kids are not legally 'brain dead,'  unlike terry Schiavo.

As for the 10 people died in the school shooting.  Maybe the government should do something to help to prevent this from happening instead of turning a blind eye.

bluedeath

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Mar 25 2005, 11:48 AM)

moistness

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »

user posted image

Colonel32

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2005, 05:08:00 AM »

My sister works at a school that has a program for disabled children. Terry has a lot more functions then some of these kids. Should we kill these kids instead of taking care of them?

If a child was disabled to the point this florida lady is, they would be nowhere near a school. They would be living in permanant care. If you ask your sister, I'm sure there are no children at her school who have zero brain activity on an EKG machine.

HomestarStunner

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Colonel32 @ Mar 26 2005, 12:14 PM)
If a child was disabled to the point this florida lady is, they would be nowhere near a school. They would be living in permanant care. If you ask your sister, I'm sure there are no children at her school who have zero brain activity on an EKG machine.

Ween311

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

No, you are right about the brain activity.  There is one little girl in particular that I bring up.  She is in 2nd grade here in Florida.  She has to use a portable respirator because she can not breathe properly on her on.  I ask again.  Should we let her starve to death?

rgtaa

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

smile.gif

moistness

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »

user posted image

bluedeath

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »

This whole thing is starting to have a Stephen King like quality to it.  The city of LUD comes to mind.

amicold

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 02:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ween311 @ Mar 26 2005, 06:27 PM)
No, you are right about the brain activity.  There is one little girl in particular that I bring up.  She is in 2nd grade here in Florida.  She has to use a portable respirator because she can not breathe properly on her on.  I ask again.  Should we let her starve to death?

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

look, this comes down to the fact: who is her guardian? because she is deamed brain dead legally, then she cant really 'vouch' for herself, so who was appointed her guardian? cause if its her husband then he kinda has the say doesnt he?

and i would like to state, like everyone else, starving someone is inhumane, just inject her with something. its gotten to the point that a 12 year old kid was arrested for trying to bring her water. people get to emotional over this.

tRuTh1337

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 02:44:00 AM »

What's truley inhuman is letting this poor woman live. She's been a vegetable for how long? 15 years? Since she was in her 20's...she can't do shit, I can't imagine what it would be like to have to take care of your mentally retarded wife every day for the rest of your life. I'm sure the husband's sanity is weaning. Yes, the needle is a better way to die, but starving is an equal reward to living an obliviously shitty life.

thomes08

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2005, 09:10:00 AM »

I know if i were a vegtable for 15 years i would want to die, and i'm sure she would be saying the same thing.  but she's not saying the same thing, not outloud not even in her mind.  Her parents are delusional, they're trying to say they heard her said "i want to live" or some shit like that.  It's sad to see what this has done to her parents. They need to move on with their lives.

~If your religious, let her die and be at peace and go to heaven
~If your not religious, let her body finally die the way her brain has been trying to make it for the last 15 years.

It's sad seeing the living dead, and it's sad seeing what this is doing to so many people.  Her parents and everyone else freaking out about this should have coped with this when they coped with her being brain dead.

Terri Schiavo died in 1990, we're just keeping her body alive because her parents can't accept that their daughter is gone.

just my 2 cents, take it or leave it

thomes08

Ween311

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »

Big fan of the needle. I would assume everyone would agree it is a more humane way to die. Unfortunately those people out in front of the hospice waving bibles care even more when the needle is discussed. It's illegal and people have been jailed.

Your question though it is a great way to avoid an issue when you are in the minority whilst claiming the moral highground.

I agree.  There are definately more humane ways to end her life.  I'm not trying to claim any moral high ground.  I said in my first post that I didn't know what the right decision is and I wouldn't like having to be in the position of deciding.  I just think that the way they are letting her die is horrible.  Like the little girl I mentioned.  If you took her off her respirator she would suffocate.  I would not wish that on anyone either.  The only problem is, if we do an injection the majorly conservative people will have a hissy.  I see hypocracy (sp?) on both sides though.  The left doesn't even want to use lethal injections on prisoners who have been sentenced to death.  It's a complicated issue and hopefully (for her sake) Terry will pass on soon with little more suffering.

bluedeath

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mage @ Mar 28 2005, 11:02 AM)
First off people should get their facts straight so you don't just look a like a fool about the case.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5