xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 1119 times)

fishlord

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(A Different Kind of Train @ Mar 18 2005, 07:20 PM)
Not much of a historian I take it? I think we recovered quite nicely, on a side note:

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2005, 09:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(A Different Kind of Train @ Mar 19 2005, 02:12 AM)
I take back my previous comment about you being an anime tool. It's good to see that someone else enjoyed Freedom Fighters, it is one great game, and really works well to support your argument. I'd also like to add that fishlord is a fag.

fishlord

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(A Different Kind of Train @ Mar 19 2005, 08:12 AM)
I take back my previous comment about you being an anime tool. It's good to see that someone else enjoyed Freedom Fighters, it is one great game, and really works well to support your argument. I'd also like to add that fishlord is a fag.

Tony42077

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(A Different Kind of Train @ Mar 19 2005, 08:12 AM)

dom0012

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »

Guns Should Be BANNED!  We are way to irresponsible of a country to have guns! Only Hunting ranges is where guns should be used! Noone should own a gun!
As for self-defense get a tranquilizer or taser! Every day on the news you hear of someone or allot of people getting shot! When will the innocent stop dying????

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

Every day on the news you hear of someone or allot of people getting shot!

"Every day on the news..."  

You know, things aren't exactly as they seem from politically biased news organizations.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(dom0012 @ Mar 21 2005, 09:29 PM)
Guns Should Be BANNED!  We are way to irresponsible of a country to have guns! Only Hunting ranges is where guns should be used! Noone should own a gun!

dom0012

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

smile.gif

Also if they smuggle guns in they would eventually get  turned in or caught, and they wouldnt be able to buy bullets in usa so they would be smuggling bullets and guns, if guns were outlawed.

I dont like the feeling that i may go to work the next day and get shot by a fellow employee or some deranged man, and then for them to take their own life after yours so they dont go to jail.

I feel like were in the western times where anyone can shoot anyone at any time.... this is not the way life in america should be!

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

wink.gif

and no, the people wouldnt smuggeling guns in wouldnt stop, granted we would eventually catch the people doing it now, but what about the people who take their place....?

look at britain, they have no guns available for the general populace to buy, but their crime rate is just as high, what does that show? that your little utopia is nothing more than a hollywood carboard cutout.

cmiz

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »

a few points i'll throw in...

in a society where guns are more than likely not going to be banned, i feel that it is better to have a working knowledge of guns and gun safety than be sheltered from them. that way, when you encounter a gun, it is less likely you will do anything stupid to hurt somebody.

case in point: when i was in high school, a boy i know was hanging out with some friends. they found a rifle in one of the kid's basements, and one of them picked it up. he thought it would be funny to aim it at his friend and pull the trigger "just kidding around". the gun was of course loaded (or else the story wouldn't be worth telling) and the other boy took a bullet in the gut. (he ended up recovering well thank goodness).

some may argue that had the gun not been in the house, the boy could not have been shot. i would argue that personally growing up around guns, the phrases NEVER POINT A GUN AT SOMETHING YOU WOULDN'T MIND KILLING and NEVER ASSUME A GUN IS EMPTY have been hammered into my head. in that situation, the accidental shooter had never actually held a gun before.

as for completely banning guns. all of the tech-9's (until recently), submachine guns and the VAST majority of pistols found on the streets are black market and unlicensed. making guns that are currently legal, illegal, will not IMO stop the already illegal guns from trading hands.

for the record: i own a .22 rifle that i use for shooting at a target in a rifle range. i don't intend to use it for hunting, nor do i think i will ever need it for personal protection. if somebody DID want a gun for personal protection, get a 12 guage. nothing says "get out of my house" like a cloud of hot lead. i also don't think pistols are necessary unless you are in law enforcement or have a job where you may need to actually defend yourself from somebody else with a gun (bodyguard etc.).

sorry to harp on things that have, for the most part, already been said. i just figured i'd throw out my feelings.

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2005, 08:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(dom0012 @ Mar 21 2005, 10:29 PM)
Guns Should Be BANNED!  We are way to irresponsible of a country to have guns! Only Hunting ranges is where guns should be used! Noone should own a gun!

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Arvarden @ Mar 23 2005, 09:40 AM)
you need get physical(name that tune)

View Post

goathunter

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »

I live in New Zealand. To own a gun here you need to get a licence. To get that you must do a gunsaftey course and have 2 people you know (one family, one non family) interveiwed by police to make sure you are not a nutta. Must have clean criminal record. Tha allows you to own hunting rifles and shottys (any manual loading and self loaders thats are not 'military style semi automatics') To get a pistol licence you must be in a pistol club and attend club shoots 6 times a year. I enjoy target pistol shooting so I have got a pistol licence. To own what american call 'assault weapons" eg ar-15 you need an e-cat licence. You need a 6mm plate steel safe bolted to the floor and you must go through the witness interview process etc etc. Now the silly thing about this is that none of the features they restrict the weapon on make it any more dangerous than what  you can get on a standard licence. Things like pistol grips, folding stocks, 30 round mags don't make the gun shoot any faster or make it any easier to kill people with.  However I enjoys service rifle competition, so I went through the bullshit and got an e licence.

Now lets see.
I have no criminal record.
People who know me have testified to a police arms officer that I am a fit and proper person to possess and use firearms.
I enjoy hunting and competition shooting as my sports.
These sports are non violent, and can only be attended by responsible citizens who meet the above requirements.
My guns are locked away seperate from bolts and ammo when not in use.
Members of my family have all been instructed in firearms saftey.
I don't carry weapons on me in public.

Now if some nutcase decides to make or steal a gun and kill people with it, how is it fair that i should be stripped of my hobby?

If some nutcase steals a car and drive it through a playground and kills 50 children deliberatly, is it fair that we should take away peoples right to own cars?

Another point, yes guns were designed to kill people. So what.  Do you really think that a police vetted law abiding citizen is going to kill people through irresponsible use of a firearm? He/she is more likely to kill through irresponsible use of a car, something that you don't need a clean criminal rcord to own.

Now some of you think a society wher guns are illegal is a safe society. Bullshit. If you want to murder someone and you have a gun, would you hand it in when they are banned? Only law abiding citizens obey gun laws, or any laws for that matter. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns

We had a murder recently in New Zealand. A P addict chopped off 2 womens hands with a sword and shot a guy with HOMEMADE sub machine gun. The fact that submachine guns are banned didn't stop this guy getting the plans off the net and making one up out of a few bits of pipe.  

http://tvnz.co.nz/vi...646?format=html

Another fact to remember is NZ has high firearms ownership (as a % of popn) compared to aussi and britain, yet we have lower crime (as a %of popn). Go figure

Also a good site for antis to visit. http://www.assaultweaponwatch.com/

buttface96

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

icedoutxbox

• Archived User
Gun Control
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(buttface96 @ May 7 2005, 10:20 PM)
For anyone one here who thinks eliminating guns will fix all the death problems they are fucking wrong. If someone is going to kill someone they will gun or not. "There is more that one way to skin a cat," if you can't figure that out it means there is more than one way to get the job done, meaning there is more than one way,guns, to kill someone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9