xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why Hate Just The President?  (Read 162 times)

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Why Hate Just The President?
« on: March 06, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

The president traditionally (and usually) has alot of power over Congress...

And I'm pretty sure that Congress is mostly Republican, and considering that Bush is the most powerful Republic, I'd say that he effectively controls Congress...(although not all the time)

pb2themax

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »

They do what they want, and in some instances the Congress is stronger than the President. The President can't do much if the Congress disagrees with a certain matter or issue. It's not like the President can fire them if they disagree with him.  But hopefully the Congress does what we want, because we are the ones who elect and re-elect the Congress. If you don't like what Congress does, then you can make your opinion known at the voting booth. So, if you don't like what's going on, then blame yourself if you voted for the Senator or Representative that is in office.

Shaolinwarrior348

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(cainedna @ Mar 6 2005, 05:45 PM)
I don't like a vast majority of politicians. It's a filthy occupation. Even if you hold something against a politician, or suport them for a position they hold, you can't trust them to actually feel that way. Everything is based around what they consider best for their career.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

Im in general im not saying we should hang the man im just responding to all the crazy liberals who put the entire blame on bush for the war and not seeing that it is also partialy Congesses fault and they should hold thier respective officails responsible for the mistack they made not just bush

The president has the authority to mobilize the military for 90 days without the permission of congress. How can you pull out of a war after 90 days? It's insanity.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »

sad.gif

freedom slowly being sucked away from "the people"!!! america aint as good as it once was... it all revolves around god... cause the government in general lost it's ways from back in the day... and instead of keeping god involved in everything there all about power/money now... once that happends corruption is inevitable! sad.gif

im usually for the people when it comes to choice but when it comes to certain things (mainly god's laws/commanments) you cant change or alter ANY of it to fit man! ... like obortion for example... is MURDER in the eyes of god... this is not my opionion it's god's truth... it's laws like these that should automatically be permantently banned with no hesitation... no need for peoples aproval.

a little off topic, but if u ask me another big terrorists attack on US soil is inevitable!... just a matter of time before it happeneds... i dont know what it will be but something will happen... maybe nuclear or biological.

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »

I blame Donald Rumsfeld, that little weasel has been on the republican payroll since he worked for the corrupt Nixon administration. After Carter was replaced by Reagan he was given another government position, I'm sleepy so I don't remember which office he worked for probably dept of state, but it was Rumsfeld who did the shady dealing with iraq and gave them the chemical weapons in the first place. There are pictures with donald rumsfeld and saddam during that conference.

I also have to blame president Bush, he is the one who put this dream team of corrupt life long republicans into his cabinet. The same people that ran this country under Nixon are still calling the shots, instead of seeing the the trail of money people watch television and shrink away behind the brainwashing glow.

Remember the state of the union address that focused on nothing but the threat from Iraq? The constant intelligence briefings by Collin Powell and Condaleeza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, or Dick Chenney? In the end it was all hype inorder to gain support for an agenda that Mr. Bush has been pushing since his days as GM(or was it owner, whateva) of the Texas Rangers.

Money = Power. When your the most powerful man on the planet, you can be assured something is revolving around money.

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »

im usually for the people when it comes to choice but when it comes to certain things (mainly god's laws/commanments) you cant change or alter ANY of it to fit man! ... like obortion for example... is MURDER in the eyes of god... this is not my opionion it's god's truth... it's laws like these that should automatically be permantently banned with no hesitation... no need for peoples aproval.

Dear God(no pun intended) Yes!
Hell...(again... no pun...) Why did we ever even think to base anything, not to mention almost all laws, around the Bible? Hmm... Where to begin? Here we are:

The Commandment:
One - Three: These have no bearing in American law, so they don't need ot be discussed.
FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.' -- Only thing I can see about this are Dry Sundays(no selling alcohol on Sunday), but this is a local law rather then a national law, so it can be tossed out.
FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.' -- Doesn't appear in any national laws
SIX: 'You shall not murder.' -- Hmm... Well, according to you, God's truth should be banned from law, so why have laws making murders illegal?
SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.' -- Not against the law.
EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.' -- Again, why would this need to be a law? God's truth has no place in keeping the civility of a nation.
NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.' -- Basically says not to lie while in a jury. While in court, they used to make you swear on the Bible, but the Bible is no longer used. I'm not exactly what book is used now, so if anyone wants to look that up for me, that'd be cool.
TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbour's house; you shall not covet your neighbour's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbour's.' -- Just says not to be jealous of what other people have(jealously would lead to sinning... usually breaking the sixth, seventh, or eighth commandments). This doesn't show up in national law. IT might even be safe to say that the government encourages this train of thought. In our type of economy, competition is the driving force, and jealously is th fuel for competition.

So all in all, the idea of looking down upon theivies and murderers held true, and I think it's safe to say it's common sense to have laws against those acts. As much as you hate it, Chrisitianity is very present in everyday life. School children ask for God to look over America every morning in the Pledge of Alligence, our money states the nations trust in God, America was built solely on the fact that people came to the new land to freely and openly practice thier religion, and based the new nation upon it's teachings. Britain and France were rebuilt around the teachings of Christianity after the dark ages and the christian reforms.
I'm not here to judge your thoughts, but I wonder if you think for yourself, or if your hate for religion is just an echo of what you've heard (Tv, peers, parents?).

tctsk8r

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »

This is funny b/c a week ago we were talking about this in us history.  and what it is that congrss has most controll for amendments and as for bills thats just the president.

Also take the election last year.  KErry was blaming Bush for declaring ware on iraq.  were congress votes and guess what.  kerry was part of congress

pegasys

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 05:17:00 AM »

The problem is that the congress is full of neocons who will pass any bill Bush wants unless they personally stand to lose money or power.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »

Just a replay to the first part of the topic. He didn't cut education spending, he just didn't completely fund (although he says he plans to in the new term) "No Child Left Behind", either way you look at it he GREATLY increased education spending, he didn't cut it...at all.

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Mar 17 2005, 05:37 PM)
Just a replay to the first part of the topic. He didn't cut education spending, he just didn't completely fund (although he says he plans to in the new term) "No Child Left Behind", either way you look at it he GREATLY increased education spending, he didn't cut it...at all.

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

The problem isn't only with the Federal gov. overspending, so do the states. Almost every state in the union has a deficit. Everyone always thinks that if you throw more money at a problem it will get solved... not true. I think that everyone will agree that they don't want to pay more taxes to be spent on programs that don't work. Why should the gov. reward a school that just doesn't work. Has anyone ever thought that maybe some of these kids really don't give a damn about getting a good education (parental or lack of parent problem)? Would brand new laptops for these kids help them? I doubt it. I think that Bush's plan of rewarding schools that work is the way to go. I also think that parents should have more choices in where they send their kids for school(w/ fed funding). As long as the money isn't being spent on religion, why shouldn't the tax money that would go to them at a public school be used at a private one? That kids parents pay taxes also.

Everyone knows that the government wastes a lot of our tax money -> so we should not pay as much in taxes. The problem is that the politicians continue to spend as if taxes were going up.

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  An efficiency department should cut down on all the red tape.

tampabayfan

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »

You say that John Kerry was part of congress, but what could they do?  Even if they went against the majority it wouldn't matter as the republicans control the presidency and congress.  No Child Left Behind is being enforced while funding is being cut.  I'm 16 and my school is having problems because we aren't making AYP for NCLB and so the state gets to take control.  We may have to close or combine with another school because we don't have enough funding since we are such a small school and can't sustain the costs.  Rather than funding our schools, the government would rather fund wars and the rebuilding of an Iraq economy that we destroyed in the first place.  We are NOT the world rulers.  You can't blame it on democrats as the Republicans are president and have majorities in senate and house or representatives.