xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: North Korea Has Nuclear Bombs  (Read 210 times)

damam

• Archived User
North Korea Has Nuclear Bombs
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(pepsik @ Feb 14 2005, 10:25 AM)
wink.gif Clinton kept N. Korea at the table to discuss other programs we would willing to help inorder to avoid nuclear enrichment plants. Bush came to office and did his "axis of evil" speech and N.Korea walked away from the negotiating table. Don't be so quick to to pawn this off on Clinton when this was a clear Bush blunder.

sorry - I just dont buy it - their is no way that N.K. could have nukes right now unless they were building them during the Clinton Administration as well.  Which means that basically all of the deals that Clinton cut with Kim were wortheless as they were not honoured by Kim.  

Im not trying to pawn this off on Clinton, nor do I blame him for trying negotiations.  Its just that the negotiotations clearly failed in this case.

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »

Most reports on this claim that N.Korea bought most of the current N.weapons. When Clinton got Kim to the table, they were a year away from nuclear grade plutonium. So they were about 3 years incorrect about the nuclear enrichment programs, atleast in the reports.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Secretary Colin Powell @  NBC Meet the Press, December 29, 2002)
“They were motivated some four, five years ago, if not earlier, to make the political decision to move down the road of finding a second way of developing a nuclear weapon.”

QUOTE(Secretary Colin Powell @  Fox News Sunday, December 29, 2002)
“We discovered this problem. I mean, everybody thought the agreed framework froze North Korea's nuclear aspirations. It turned out that it was misdirection. While everybody was watching Yongbyon and seeing that it was frozen, the North Koreans had started moving in a new direction with respect to the enrichment of uranium. And this didn't happen just in the last year or two. It's a decision they made and a program they started four or so years ago . . ."
Pages: 1 [2]