xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Iraqi Election  (Read 158 times)

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
Iraqi Election
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(thomes08 @ Jan 31 2005, 09:29 PM)
there isn't civil unrest now?

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Iraqi Election
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »

I must say I'm surprised at some of the reactions in this thread.

Yes, 44 people died on election day.  Although it's terrible, the results are much better than expected.  Additionally, a 60% turnout shows an enormous sense of motivation amongst the Iraqi population.  If Americans faced an extremely high probability of getting our asses blown off at the ballot, how many do you think would show up?  Same goes or any other nation in the world.  My heart goes out to Iraq.

Whether or not Bush's vision is a pipe dream, the Iraqi's have shown a need for stability that no one can argue, regardless of how politically f*cked up your are (either end of the spectrum).  I find it to be a testament to the true heartfelt wishes the Iraqi's have for a modern government, peace, stability, and freedom.  I find the mixed reactions to be nothing more than the same old partisan bullshit that never stops clouding the real issues.  I can only imagine the bravery giving them the strength to send 60% to the polls despite explosions rocking the country and countless threatening leaflets scattered about their neighborhoods.

It's a big FINGER up to the insurgents by the forward-thinking Iraqi population (AT LEAST 60%).  Shit, the US population can't agree 60/40 on ANYTHING.

Tony42077

• Archived User
Iraqi Election
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(The unProfessional @ Jan 31 2005, 11:43 PM)
I must say I'm surprised at some of the reactions in this thread.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
Iraqi Election
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2005, 07:55:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]