xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lets Try This Again. Israel  (Read 344 times)

damam

• Archived User
Lets Try This Again. Israel
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

Israel is mainly made up of European Jews escaping the horrors of WW2. I have a Ethiopean Muslim friend, isn't the world a more accesable place now? So the theory of how "Israel" always belonged to Jews is flawed as different religions/cultures co exsisted before the word Israel was formed on your Grandpa's lips.

I have no idea what your getting at here.  Some argue that Israel has roots going way back.  I have always argued that they have the same right to the land as I do to US soil.  But your implication that Israel only goes back two generations is extremely flawed.  Blow the dust off your ancient middle eastern history book, and start reading.

Are you supposed to ground your chidren for a life time while living under Israeli occupation? Children throw rocks, graffiti on walls, drink alcohol etc. When you are walking down the street or playing in a school yard you have no control over freedom fighters and Israeli troop actions.

Sometimes children happen to be their and it is sad when they get caught in the cross fire.  The vast majority of the time however, the palestenians start it first, so they get to choose who will be caught in the cross fire.  
When Palestenians encourage their 8, 9, 10 , 11, etc year old kids to go out and throw rocks at Israeli troops while the parents lob rocks and shoot over the kids heads, that is just asking for their kids to be killed.  I do feel sorry for the kids because they are just kids and they dont know better.  But the parents get everything they deserve when their children get shot in these scenarios.

your always going to bring up the exception.  the scene like what happened on monday.  But that is far from saying it is the rule or policy of Israel to kill children.  However, it has become a rule of palestenians to target israeli civilians with suicide bombings.
Here are some stats: (please note that I did not do this, but I did confirm the numbers.  These stats were pulled together by Blogger known as Tim)
**80% of Israelis killed were non-combatants; compare with 19% of Palestinians. Doing the math, this is 560 dead Israeli noncombatants, versus 361 Palestinian noncombatants.
**55% of Palestinians killed were full/partial combatants or violent protestors; only about 20% of Israelis killed were full/partial combatants or violent protestors. 
**"Palestinians are directly responsible for the deaths of at least 253 of their own number -- more than one out of every eight Palestinians killed."
**"Women and girls account for 31 percent of all Israelis killed in the conflict, and almost 40 percent of the Israeli noncombatants killed by Palestinians. Palestinian fatalities, in contrast, have been consistently and overwhelmingly (over 95 percent) male."
**"Palestinians have killed at least 174 noncombatant Israelis aged 45 and over, while Israelis have killed 65 Palestinian noncombatants in the same age bracket. The ratio is 2.7 to 1."
**A large number of Palestinians were killed under "unknown" circumstances: 23% or 437. I count these neither as combatants nor non-combatants. The reader may make either assumption and go over my previous numbers, adding these bodies in according to their personal prejudices.
Source: An Engineered Tragedy: Statistical Analysis of Casualties in the Palestinian - Israeli Conflict

Like I said, I wont deny that innocent bystanders have been killed.  But as a rule, the Israelis do not target them and those stats prove it.

Now is this man a Terrorist or is he a Freedom fighter. Imo his the later.

leave both of your propaganda labels at home

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »

I could add something along the lines of what Avarden has eloquently put but there is no point.

There are people in America who will always be biased against Palastine.
Saying they are in the wrong because they choose to use suicide bombings as an act of deffiance is not justified. They face unbeatable odds and have no other choice.
Israeil soldiers are guilty of many, many innocent deaths but the excuse is always they "thought" or "suspected" the civillians were terrorists.

In past posts I have provided proof to little girls being shot in cold blood and her dead body being riddled with bullets (most fired after her death).
I have provided proof of the killing of an English cameramen filming a documentry in Palastine. He was shot point blank by a tank while he was holding aloft a white flag and shouting he was an English journalist. It was all filmed.
Many more as well.

Never think the Israelis only demolish empty houses or those of suspected terrorists. They dont!

I do wonder why in some circles no matter how innocent you are, if your from Palastine or Iraq your life is worth less. That is what I and other people have a problem with.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »

Yeah you're right; maybe we should relocate all the Jewish Israelis to concentration camps to keep them from harming the beloved people of Palestine, who again are innocent of all crimes, that ought to solve the problem; permanently.

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(melon @ Feb 2 2005, 10:24 PM)
There are people in America who will always be biased against Palastine.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(melon @ Feb 4 2005, 08:57 PM)
You see it as terrorism I see it as fighting against oppression.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tony42077 @ Feb 4 2005, 09:07 PM)
I too have found out something in this thread, many Europeans think that suicide bombing are a justifiable tactic when fighting an enemy. If someone walked up to you and shot you dead, would you call that a fight or just plain murder?

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(melon @ Feb 4 2005, 03:57 PM)
You see it as terrorism I see it as fighting against oppression.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2005, 06:22:00 AM »

Since my mother and half my family is Irish I can answer this.
I agree with the IRA cause but not the tactics they used to use.

Just like I agree wit the Palastine cause but not the tactics used by either side.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

So they aren't a terrorist group then?

gronne

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(melon @ Feb 6 2005, 01:28 PM)
Since my mother and half my family is Irish I can answer this.

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wong Hung Lo @ Feb 5 2005, 01:51 PM)
I have a question for you since you live in England. Do you see the IRA as a group of terrorist or as a group of people fighting oppression?

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(gronne @ Feb 6 2005, 03:40 PM)

xbox beat box

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

Everything is black or white, there is no grey area.

If an innocent person, such as the retarded guy who bombed the polling station in Iraq is shot and killed, because he would have killed 30 innocent people, would that justify killing an innocent person?

"It's Chowda!, say it Frenchy!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]