xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: A Few Of My Views  (Read 536 times)

XBFNoodles

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2005, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(SKoT @ Jan 5 2005, 07:50 PM)
no, thats not what i mean.

Baner

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »

Most of science is derived from a chain of logical reasoning, as opposed to religion which primarily consists of "some guys with wings told me this is how it is when I was sleeping."

You're are absolutly correct, science is derrived from "logical" reasoning. But how did this reasoning become logical? Science is the idea of information being proven true by previous example of information that was proven true by information before that that was proven true and so on. So what if the very first set of data that this lsit of Logical reasoning was proven true from, had error? It would cause everything based off that to be proven false right?
What if we learned that gravity has a force of 9.8 m/s^2 and not 9.7(think those are the numbers)? It would create lots of error in many calculations, and make many scientists miss lots of hours of sleep.
We are taught through out all our lives that science is true, but never told why. Ask your proffessor why we know gravity travels at 9.7 m/s^2. She'll prolly respond with trail and error, or something of that sort. Then ask how we know what a m/s^2 is, and she'll say something along the lines of relating it to other data. It's a horrible string of events that can lead to the fall of science, but no one cares to take the time and find out why we are taught what we are taught.

Baner

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

Even when it proven that the world was round the vatican didnt acknowledge it until not too long ago. I meant by this point is that they will never admit they are wrong, or take a few hundred years.

The Christianity isn't the Vatican, the Vatican is part of the religion, much like I am. Just because the Vatican didn't believe the earth was round, didn't mean every single follower of Christianity thought the same way.
Fox is a Republican Tv station, but you don't have to believe everything Fox tells you to be Republican. wink.gif

SKoT

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »

Scenario: Scientists find solid proof that the Big Bang Theory is bullshit and they find evidence of creationism somehow (I don't know how, this is made up). How long do you think it would take them to release that information? It supports their cause.

They wouldnt try to hide it. Any scientist is looking for the TRUTH, (most). many scientists believe in God as well, Not all, or even half of the Scientists I am willing to wager are atheists or agnostic.

They stick to the facts that can be measured and proven time and time again.

No credible scientist has said The big bang is the way it is, they are always looking for more evidence for it and other ways we formed, and not keeping creation out of their minds...

Baner

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

The problem with your arguement is, that gravity's force is a proven, well known fact. It can be tested with meters and gauges and has been MANY times.

Do you not listen? It is proven with old science, backed up by science! We wouln't have a measurement of a meter if it weren't for science. How can you use something to prove itself? It's like me saying God exsists cause he told me, but would you believe that? No...

im sure it wouldnt take scientists hundreds of years to say they were wrong about the Big Bang... if it were false. I have my own reasons prooving/disprooving the big bang.

Isn't that also what I said above? The Vatican is only a small group, I'm sure a small group of scientists will also try to prove the Big Bang true for decades to come, even after convencing everyone else that it can't happen.

No credible scientist has said The big bang is the way it is, they are always looking for more evidence for it and other ways we formed, and not keeping creation out of their minds...

They may not be keeping out of thier minds, but they are sure as hell not using it as a source for thier studies.
For all you who believe in the Big Bang, keep in mind that science has yet to see an atom blink into exsistance, or create one. So everything you see, and everything far beyond our eye sight would have had to fit in something that we see as the worlds smallest object. ie a countless number of atoms fitting inside one atom.

SKoT

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »

Science is a tangible thing.

I can look at it and see how it directly affects my life. I dont just rely on a multiple-thousand year old book to live my life by. I use facts, not mystical magic.

For all you Creation believers... God has never prooven his existance. Winged creaturs flew around and told people a few thousand years ago that this guy existed that created everyone, but noone knows where he came from, or refuses to look for answers. If you dont believe in him, even though you dont have any proof he exists, he will send your soul to eternal damnation to live in torture forever while you have no idea why. This mystical giant God guy also refuses to make his presence known to "find true followers". He is trying to confuse his own people.

Baner

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »

He is trying to confuse his own people.

Which means he exsists?

I can look at it and see how it directly affects my life.

They may not be thousands of years old, but you still listen to ideas told by Newton, Galallio(sp?), and others. You also believe in how atoms can join and split, but you've never whitnessed it. You've been told stories. Science has flaws, much like religion, yet niether of us want to admit it.

Science is a tangible thing.

Religion is also tangible to us who believe. I've had many unexplainable things happen to me, I've felt many wierd feelings while praying. Can anyone explain these? That's what God wants, the more we want to know, the more faith we have in him.
Think it's safe to say that God has been the most influencial thing to ever happen to the earth. That's pretty amazing for something that can't be seen with the naked eye.

Trisman

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »

Actually one of the famous ancient Greeks (Archimedes I think, though im not positive) figured out that the earth was round/spherical due to it's round shadow on the moon.  And a lot of other ancient cultures figured this out as well.  However the church, once it had a foothold, started hording any and all acquired information, as information is power.  Remember what the time when the Christian church was the dominant power in Europe was called?  Does the Dark Ages ring a bell, anyone?

XBFNoodles

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(SKoT @ Jan 6 2005, 02:50 PM)
For all you Creation believers... God has never prooven his existance. Winged creaturs flew around and told people a few thousand years ago that this guy existed that created everyone, but noone knows where he came from, or refuses to look for answers. If you dont believe in him, even though you dont have any proof he exists, he will send your soul to eternal damnation to live in torture forever while you have no idea why. This mystical giant God guy also refuses to make his presence known to "find true followers". He is trying to confuse his own people.

SKoT

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »

well god has never spoken to me, and i have never felt him. he must hate me.

Im not going to force myself into believing something I have no proof for. Further more, lol.

XBFNoodles

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(SKoT @ Jan 6 2005, 06:00 PM)
well god has never spoken to me, and i have never felt him. he must hate me.

Trisman

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »

He is trying to confuse his own people.
Which means he exsists?
I'm sure SKoT is just trying to show you that your logic doesn't quite work.

Religion is also tangible to us who believe.

Is it just me or does this sentence not quite work.  How can something be tangible (ie. something that physically/electromagnetically exists in the universe) be something that we have never seen or has no mathematics behind it?

SKoT

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »

Quote from: Trisman,Jan 7 2005, 01:31 AM

Baner

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »

I'm sure SKoT is just trying to show you that your logic doesn't quite work.

So why is it that if Skot tries and shows me my logic is flawed, yet I do the same about science, I'm ignored?
My rebutle to that was more of a rehtorical one than anything else. You know, something that doesn't exsist telling you what to do... haha funny... laugh... tongue.gif

be something that we have never seen or has no mathematics behind it?

Like the inside of a blackhole right?

Skot... no need to cry about it buddy. I'm just trying to show everyone the flaws in both arguements. All I ever hear are the wrongs of religion, and the rights of science. For some reason, those woh believe so deeply in science will never apply what they've learned thru science into religion, which you have shown me many more than once in this thread. beerchug.gif

SKoT

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »

so if you heard a voice in your head telling you that the force of gravity was indeed 9.7 instead of 9.8 you would believe it and call all science wrong?  or if you saw it in a cloud or a rainbow or during your prayers?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5