xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Hey  (Read 490 times)

SKoT

• Archived User
Hey
« on: December 07, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »

that the Earth is only a few thousand years old and that Satan put the bones of the dinosaurs into the ground to make us not believe in god.

some chick in my science class today was preaching that to our science teacher/class and i got a good kick out of it.

Who else thinks that?

tupac

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 09:20:00 AM »

hahahahaha, ive thought the same kind of thing, though not really so sadistic........really, think about it, the earth, humans, everything could only be a couple of seconds old, and God, satan, whoever could have faked our memories, our history, everything, and no one knows...as for what she said, i dont know how dinosaurs disprove god, then again, i dont know how anything proves god either...next time just call her a freak and throw something at her lol  laugh.gif

SKoT

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (tupac @ Dec 7 2004, 06:23 PM)
hahahahaha, ive thought the same kind of thing, though not really so sadistic........really, think about it, the earth, humans, everything could only be a couple of seconds old, and God, satan, whoever could have faked our memories, our history, everything, and no one knows...as for what she said, i dont know how dinosaurs disprove god, then again, i dont know how anything proves god either...next time just call her a freak and throw something at her lol  laugh.gif

done and done. yea, wtf prooves god anyway except a book. and a religion that killed how many thousands of people for a religion that is against killing?

jbp20717

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

Well dinosaurs disprove God as if you believe in Him you should also believe that humans have always existed and we would therefore have been aware of the existence of dinosaurs from the beginning.

Yep, nobody can prove God's existence and therefore he's just make-believe (such has been obvious since the days of Galileo)

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

Yep... we call it agnosticism.

pepsik

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

next time she spouts off nonsense, point out the fact that carbon 14 dating which dates dinosaur bones to a couple of million years ago also provided the correct age for the dead sea scrolls and other religous artifacts.

So why can science be applied in one area to prove faith, but faith can discredit the same technology to prove their faith is right? Answer= Hypocrisy

pug_ster

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (pepsik @ Dec 7 2004, 09:34 PM)
next time she spouts off nonsense, point out the fact that carbon 14 dating which dates dinosaur bones to a couple of million years ago also provided the correct age for the dead sea scrolls and other religous artifacts.

So why can science be applied in one area to prove faith, but faith can discredit the same technology to prove their faith is right? Answer= Hypocrisy

Problem is that these brainwashed idiots don't believe in carbon 14 dating.

pepsik

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »

The University of Judaisim in Jersuselm does, the Vatican does also. That's how the dead sea scrolls and the shroud of turin where carbon dated in the first place.

Little known fact about the vatican, the pope has the longest running secret service agency working for him in matters of science and espoinage. The CIA was modeled after the already established network of spies deployed by the vatican.

Don't belive me, then read the 3 musketeers, over 3 hundred years old, but gives you an insight into the massive network that is at the hands of the papacy.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »

that the Earth is only a few thousand years old and that Satan put the bones of the dinosaurs into the ground to make us not believe in god.

some chick in my science class today was preaching that to our science teacher/class and i got a good kick out of it.

Who else thinks that?

yeah, that's funny!
The reason for that kind of ignorance is the fear of being wrong about God.  We don't need Dinosaur bones or anything else for that matter to disbeleive in God.  It is in us, since the fall of man that we would distance ourselves.
A person of faith will beleive in God no matter what is revealed, and frankly they should because there still in no evidence to support old-earth theories.  The fact remains that from bones, you cannot prove anything other than the dinosaur is dead, this includes the age, whether it produced offspring, or what killed it.

pegasys

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

I'm agnostic and I bvelieve in god and some christian teachings, Jesus, ect.  But  I take the bible with a grain of salt cause it was written by men hundreds of years after the fact.  Carbon dating man, it works.

Boba_Fett

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (pegasys @ Dec 7 2004, 10:54 PM)
Carbon dating man, it works.

And the only reason you believe carbon dating works is because you read it out of a book...

BTW, I hope someone kicks you in the balls for that lame-ass sig. Bitch.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »

I'm agnostic and I bvelieve in god and some christian teachings, Jesus, ect

thats not possible... unless you are using your own def for the word...

Baner

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

A person of faith will beleive in God no matter what is revealed,

Not sure how good of a statement that is. You might think of it as God not being proven true yer, but I think of it as God not being proven false yet. It's all in the eye of the Beholder, and no number of mens opnions can change one mans views. Just because groups are saying God is fake, doesn't mean there won't be others saying he is non-fiction.

And the only reason you believe carbon dating works is because you read it out of a book...

Not only that, but the many Theorms that people science use. They call them truth, because they can't prove them false.

tupac

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

being agnostic means u believe in a higher power just not a specific religion, so ya it does.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Hey
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

ag·nos·tic
Pronunciation: ag-'näs-tik, &g-
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek agnOstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnOstos known, from gignOskein to know -- more at KNOW
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6