xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The Dollar Is Plunging To New Depths...  (Read 259 times)

Ween311

• Archived User
The Dollar Is Plunging To New Depths...
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

I was only pointing out that it is different here.  Not trying to say he has it backwards.

gronne

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (FektionFekler @ Dec 7 2004, 08:28 PM)
rotfl.gif Yeh gronne has it backwards.

Please correct me where I'm wrong about my country as you abviously know all about it.

Yes Ween, I suppose it's that way. I would also think it to be rebelious reasons the american youth lean to the left. Many american youths have reacted heavily against Bush, for all the logic reasons. And I suppose your elders support Bush for his conservatism. I guess the quote "everything was better before" is common with the elders, right? rolleyes.gif

Yes, I refered to the ages of 18-25 something, and most younger than that as well. In Sweden the youth  look at america in believe of the american dream (for a faked image of all rich and happy americans). They want to make big money like they do in american films, and they don't seem to care much about others but themselves. This is worrying me very much. I actually think my generation is too comfortable. They don't learn to care about others in school anymore. Very sad.

FektionFekler

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Dec 7 2004, 09:06 PM)
Please correct me where I'm wrong about my country as you abviously know all about it.

Will do man. beerchug.gif

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Dec 7 2004, 06:34 PM)
Witty insult and rant is the essence of good satirical humor... something the british mastered ages ago.  Americans are capable of good satire as well, but we have to deal with all the crying bitches who shut down every good show because it's not PC enough (Family Guy anyone?).

since when did they stop making family guy? i love that show.

gronne

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (FektionFekler @ Dec 7 2004, 09:10 PM)
Will do man. beerchug.gif

Sure. As I've "debated" with you before I'm sure you could even try to convince me ice bears are walking in the streets of Stockholm, no matter I've told you they don't.

You're an awful bigot.

FektionFekler

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Dec 7 2004, 09:30 PM)
You're an awful bigot.

Look in the mirror. wink.gif

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

I would also think it to be rebelious reasons the american youth lean to the left

Exactly.  That's what I was trying to point out.  It's basically the same everywhere.  I agree about people being too comfortable and being misguided about how easy it is to get "rich."  It's not just your country where the younger generation has that attitude though.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

I ask that because hear in the US it is the younger generation that seems to be more leftist leaning.

Actually, that's what the democratic party was banking on (vote or die, rock the vote) prior to the election.  Although, as it turned out, undecided teen voters were split right down the middle.

Rebelion is a good thing... I just wish more intelligent people were doing it, rather than overzealous special interest groups.

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

actually it was around 60-40 for 18-25, so there is a pretty big lean toward democrat in the younger group, though i think they also were the lowest voter turnout group.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »

60-40 for 18-25

last I saw was about 55-45, but since i'm too lazy to dig up any sources, I'll accept whatever. My point was the spread isn't nearly what the dems banked on - or what the voices sounded like... that brings up andrew's point.

They bitch the loudest, but do the least.

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

dry.gif

edit: ill bet ull never guess for who either lol

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2004, 12:45:00 AM »

laugh.gif  i voted for kerry  dry.gif , but i think ill do that next election if i remember.  biggrin.gif

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2004, 01:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Dec 8 2004, 09:13 AM)
But Mike Ross believes in liberty... not nececssarily drugs.

Tupac: are you for the legalization of drugs because you're for individual liberties or is it just the drugs? (I'm curious)

I'm wondering if you're a liberarian or just someone who's very pro-drugs   ph34r.gif

i think they are one in the same...true liberty and freedom can only be achieved if people are given a choice. Consensual crimes, like gambling, sex, drugs, and basically all forms of prohibition should be stopped. that is what our country was foudned upon and over the years it has improved in some ways (minority rights) but failed in many others. dont take this the wrong way, but i dont care if drugs hurt peoples bodies, brains(physically), society, economy, i could go on and on(and btw i dont agree with most of that), to me...its about choice, and we will never be free unless we are allowed to decide what to do with our own lives...i cant say i dont like getting high or tripping or whatever...it is fun, otherwise, no one would use them...but ive been shifting more from the fun aspect of drugs to a more personal exploration and meaning view...thats why ive made a personal choice to only use psychedelics and weed(just cuz i like some good weed now and then  biggrin.gif ), i just dont think stuff like cocaine, xtc kinda of(tho some consider it a psychedelic) and drugs that just get u "high" have much to show me..and the risks outweigh the benefits...ill probably buy some in the next 3 weeks (oh is christmas break gonna be fun  laugh.gif ) but i plan on phasing it out in the near future...still thats my choice, no one elses.

FektionFekler

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

rotfl.gif Earlier you stated there was nothing wrong with hard drugs like ecstasy and cocaine, you said you had tripped balls via hard drugs on many occasions and that you are fine. rotfl.gif
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7