xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Marine Shoots Iraqi...the Main Reason..  (Read 306 times)

coltblue18

• Archived User
Marine Shoots Iraqi...the Main Reason..
« on: November 17, 2004, 07:45:00 PM »

The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!

rotfl.gif

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »

Quick!!!!!
Everyone duck and cover!!!!
The nuclear bombs are a comin'!!!!

I honestly haven't seen such a delusional fool in sooooo long...

Why did they air it? because of FREEDOM OF THE PRESS!!!! READ THE DAMN CONSTITUTION YOU HIPPIE FREAK!!!!
the "controlled media" WTF?

they should ban you for multiple accounts!

remember:
ignorance is bliss ph34r.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

The main reason?

user posted image

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

Funny how that article says "secret military operations" against "Terrorist leaders" not air a random soldier shooting a random arab. It's hard to attack the nest, when you have no clue where the nest is. If you piss off the bees, they'll show you their home.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »

They aired it because an unarmed injured Iraqi was shot point-blank by a marine. It probably will piss off Muslims, and it probably should. Don't blame the press, blame the marine.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

He's not blaming the press for the Marine's mistake.  He's blaming them for highlighting every mistake made by US forces and making every action otherwise look sordid.  

Yet every war crime and shameless tactic used by the enemy somehow falls through the cracks.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

All laws regarding prisoners of war only apply to soldiers, in uniforms, responsible to a central authority.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

What is the big deal? Isn't this the point of war, to kill the enemy? If the Iraqi had a weapon, he would have shot an unarmed Marine. So, it's just. Too fucken bad if you think it's immoral or improper. It's war. People in wars don't act morally correct the whole time. Kill the terrorists, kill the enemy.

.fortune

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Nov 19 2004, 01:37 AM)
What is the big deal? Isn't this the point of war, to kill the enemy? If the Iraqi had a weapon, he would have shot an unarmed Marine. So, it's just. Too fucken bad if you think it's immoral or improper. It's war. People in wars don't act morally correct the whole time. Kill the terrorists, kill the enemy.

Exactly.  People die every day over there, and the point is, I don't care.  It's not my problem.  The marines are doing their job, and Iraqi's do the same.  I don't care if it's not religiously right or not, when you get shoved, shove back.

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

Bottom line is

Bush = Evil

There is no other politic talk needed. =)

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Nov 19 2004, 01:21 AM)
All laws regarding prisoners of war only apply to soldiers, in uniforms, responsible to a central authority.

This is absolutly correct, but the soldier will most likely be court martialed under the UCMJ articles:

899.99 Misbehavior before the enemy
893.93 Cruelty and maltreatment
898.98 Failure to obey order or regulation
913.13 Misbehavior of a sentinal
918.18 Murder - probably not since it is during war
919.119 Manslaughter - probably not since it is during war

It kindof sux, the guy gets shot, loses his friend, gets his revenge and will probably get kicked out of the military.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

Good.

Shanafan the Iraqi war finished some time ago.  

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

What war is this? The war on unarmed injured people?

I don't recall the US ever declaring war on the unarmed injured people of the world.

So if they ignore the rules of war, they're terrorists, but if we do it...it's just fighting fair? Great.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

What about the injured man fleeing from battle john kerry claims he killed?

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »

"What do you expect to happen in a war,people get shot.
he shoots an unarmed fighter in the head and he dies."

If you get pissed off when someone disagrees with you, don't you think you'd be a bit ticked off if you got shot in the face, whether or not it was a direct hit, and your friend got blown to shit by a booby-trapped body. Like psi said, I'd be a bit on the jumpy side if I saw the same set-up that killed my friend. And like you said, it's a war, people get shot. If one of our soldier were unarmed, walking down the street, would it not be ok for a terrorist to shoot him? I sure as hell know we wouldn't see that on tv, they won't even show us the damned flagged drapped caskets. I don't understand why our media will report one of our soldiers shooting an iraqi for days on end as "breaking news" but when a civilian woman who helped those fuckin pigs for 30 years out of her life gets executed, it only gets a 5 minute spot on today's news. Our media is bullshit, no wonder why troop moral is low and we have so many damned protestors.

My post from the other thread about this.

I don't recall the US ever declaring war on the unarmed injured people of the world.

How did he get injured? Most likely being shot by us or them right? If he was shot by us, then more than likely he had a gun, or was threating the troops in some way correct? Therefore before the fact, he wasn't injured, and he was more than likely the enemey. The point of carrying guns is to kill the enemey, and that's him. The resistance over there is known to booby trap the dead, so checking them can prove to be deadly in the first place.
I, for one, know that if someone was invading my city, I'd pack up and go, unless I had a reason for risking my life, and my house ain't gonna make me stick around and die.
Pages: [1] 2 3