xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Associated Press: Kerry Concedes  (Read 102 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
Associated Press: Kerry Concedes
« on: November 03, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »

Edit: Now it has been CONFIRMED - John Kerry has just called President Bush to concede the election. I think that was the right thing to do, and I'm very grateful that he didn't waste 11 more days.

OrkanMan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 09:04:00 AM »

I can't wait to see how Hollywood responds!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

user posted image

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 09:07:00 AM »

The thing is, the vast majority of votes not counted yet will be for Bush, aside from that, even if they were ALL for Kerry, it would still be 100% impossible to overtake the lead that Bush won with. All the votes will still be counted, but they're not going to change the outcome, it's just not possible.

TheOtherBob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (brandogg @ Nov 3 2004, 06:10 PM)
The thing is, the vast majority of votes not counted yet will be for Bush, aside from that, even if they were ALL for Kerry, it would still be 100% impossible to overtake the lead that Bush won with. All the votes will still be counted, but they're not going to change the outcome, it's just not possible.

Correct.... even *if* Bush didn't get the majority of those votes, I'd be wayyyy surprised if they were *all* for Kerry.  There prolly just isn't enough there to make a difference.

ProSam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (Wong Hung Lo @ Nov 3 2004, 01:08 PM)
user posted image

rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif

danlk2

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

ya this is great, and with everyone in hollywood crying about wanting kerry to win, they didnt do shit, it was close but whatever.  Its over, and there is no doubt he won this time, so everyone that has those stupid bumper stickers that say "re-defeat bush" can stfu.

dss311

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

This race was actually over last night.  I was plugging in real-time stats into a spreadsheet as they were being released.  The television/press was just gun shy to announce a winner because of what happened in 2000.  I felt confident Bush had won by about 11:30 est.  Close race, but Kerry could not have contestested it numerically.  Anyhow........

WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!!

DSS311

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

Thank God that son of a bitch won again.  If I had to listen to Kerry's wife for 4 years id have to stab myself with a spoon.  Go Bush!!!

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

I think having one party would be the easiest way to go, but then again I'm retarded.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (shuiend @ Nov 3 2004, 11:07 AM)
I think it is a horrible thing to do.  Concedeing isnt allowing the voters to voice their opinions.  He should stick to it tell then end when the poeples voices tell him he lost.  I rather it go out 11 days and see who truely won the poples votes then have Kerry give up.

The voters did speak. Bush won the popular vote and the electoral college. So, America spoke, and Bush won.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (Heet @ Nov 3 2004, 01:01 PM)
Thank God that son of a bitch won again.  If I had to listen to Kerry's wife for 4 years id have to stab myself with a spoon.  Go Bush!!!

You must not like ketchup!  laugh.gif

cromat44

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (brandogg @ Nov 3 2004, 10:20 AM)
I think having one party would be the easiest way to go, but then again I'm retarded.

yeah, or just abolish the part system. If it were done properly I think It would work. but I doubt that will ever happen, and even if it did i bet there would be an "imaginary line" that split people into the old party system.