xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Please No Speculation Posts  (Read 210 times)

gcskate27

• Archived User
Please No Speculation Posts
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2004, 12:06:00 AM »

umm key state that voted bush?*

*as far as can be told

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2004, 12:08:00 AM »

I thought you were referring voting problems like Florida to Ohio today.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2004, 12:43:00 AM »

grr.gif
I just can't believe that there is that many ppl who supported Bush.

They said it was gona be real close, but I thought it would be in Kerry's favour.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2004, 01:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Nov 3 2004, 01:41 AM)
Shows the true face of democrats. Just admit you lost and try again in 4 years. But no they will drag this out and ruin their integrity with the american people and kill themselves for no gain.

the potential gain of having bush out of office is worth it...

powercntrl

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2004, 02:48:00 AM »

I'd rather have lawyers bickering amongst each other for 4 years and NO president instead of Bush.  Hell, get one of those bobbing head Taco Bell dogs and say it's the president.  It would be just fine with me.

Bush said "Our country is under attack.  Our values are under attack." and it worked.  People fucking voted for Bush as their savior.  This proves one thing, over half the country is made up of closed-minded fearful sheep.  I changed my mind, I DO want to take their bibles away.  With Bush in office, there'll be enough forced religion to go around without them and they'll make great feedstock for thermal depolymerization, after all, with Bush in office crude oil is just gonna keep going up up up!

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2004, 06:01:00 AM »

Luckily the close-minded people are less than half of the population, which is why Bush won.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »

that is the most ironic and wholy false statement ive heard in a while... thanks bran...

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

Not trying to gloat, but power calls us republicans close-minded, but he won't admit defeat? It's over, get over it. The people picked thier president. It obvious that''s who the majority wanted when Florida And Ohio Both voted for Bush. You're stuck with the guy, all you can do is wait for the perfect oppurtunity to hit him with an impeachment, or sit at the steps of the white house, and picket for the next 4 years. The Demos would have had a much larger chance if they didn't pick such a left wingest, all they needed was someone slightly different from Bush, and they would have had it in the bag. We all know the majority who voted for Kerry only did to smite Bush.

powercntrl

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Nov 3 2004, 04:30 PM)
Not trying to gloat, but power calls us republicans close-minded, but he won't admit defeat? It's over, get over it. The people picked thier president. It obvious that''s who the majority wanted when Florida And Ohio Both voted for Bush. You're stuck with the guy, all you can do is wait for the perfect oppurtunity to hit him with an impeachment, or sit at the steps of the white house, and picket for the next 4 years. The Demos would have had a much larger chance if they didn't pick such a left wingest, all they needed was someone slightly different from Bush, and they would have had it in the bag. We all know the majority who voted for Kerry only did to smite Bush.

Uh, read the damn news...  Kerry Concedes Election To Bush   Kerry didn't send his team of ravenous lawyers in to cause a repeat of 2000, he was a gentleman and admitted his defeat.  I agree, it's over, the fat lady has sung.  When I posted my "taco bell dog" message, the Ohio votes where still up in the air and REPUBLICANS where already claiming victory.   tongue.gif

Hopefully, Bush realizes his job is to serve the entire American public, not just the people who voted for him.  48% of the popular vote, OVER 55 MILLION Americans felt strongly enough that Bush wasn't the right man for the job.  We're not talking sour grapes, we're talking a country strongly divided.  If Bush learned something from this, there's still hope.

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

"Uh, read the damn news... Kerry Concedes Election To Bush"
What does that have to do with anything?
Not trying to gloat, but power calls us republicans close-minded, but he won't admit defeat?
he = you

I agree, Bush does need to change, but we have to work with what we have, and we have Bush for another 4 years.

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

Bush serving another term is better for comedic value than Kerry.   With Bush in office it gives show like SNL, and the Daily Show much more material to work with.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »

@baner, he admitted defeat, but at the time the statement you referenced it wasnt exactly the case...

@pingrr... true, but id rather have a competent person in the seat of power than better presidential jokes on tv...

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

@baner, he admitted defeat, but at the time the statement you referenced it wasnt exactly the case...

Ya, I realized that after his post.
have a competent person

I'm sure Bush is more than competent enough to run the country, he's been doing it for 4 years now, and we haven't gone up in flames (except once, and only in 3 locations, and in his first year of serving). Looking back now, I would have been fine with either of the canidates becoming president. Kerry just made me uneasy alot of times with his economic plans that wouldn't add up, outsourcing homeland security, and long head.

Edit: I haven't watched SNL since Farley and Hartman died, and Sandler left.

johnnobts

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

-->Hopefully, Bush realizes his job is to serve the entire American public, not just the people who voted for him. 48% of the popular vote, OVER 55 MILLION Americans felt strongly enough that Bush wasn't the right man for the job. We're not talking sour grapes, we're talking a country strongly divided. If Bush learned something from this, there's still hope.

sorry but i feel the need to pick a bone with you on this.  history has shown us that some of our greatest presidents of all time were not appeasers, but visionaries.  their job wasn't so much to satisfy the other party, but to push forward their agenda and get the job done. men like jfk and reagan.  They weren't hand-holders or appeasers to the other party,  they communicated their position (forcefully and effectively) and got the job done...

also, for those of you who complain saying this isn't a MANDATE b/c the election was so close.  What is a mandate?  Consider...
wislon did not win by as big a percetage as bush.  jfk did not win by big a percentage as bush.  roosevelt did not win by as big a percentage as bush.  Reagan did not win by as big a percentage as bush, and clinton did not win by as big a percentage as bush (both times!).  trust me, bush's win is the closest thing to a "mandate" America will have for a long time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]