xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Religion/Political Party Poll  (Read 80 times)

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Religion/Political Party Poll
« on: October 25, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »

This poll obviously does not represent all parties or religions. I am only trying to get an idea of how religion might sway people's political choices. I apologize in advance if this has been done before or does not represent you properly or offends you in any way.
Also, I used google to find the most common religions in the United States. They were Christianity being #1, Judaism #2, Jehova's Witness #3.... <---suprising statistic to me. I threw Muslim in there due to the people who believe the U.S. is at war with all Muslims.

estin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 07:38:00 AM »

i don't think Christian/republican should have been a choice since their basically the same thing.  your sure as hell not gonna find a muslim republican.

cainedna

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »

Estin, don't be a jerk. :) The republican party is catering to the overzealous Christians in the country, it doesn't mean Christians and republicans are the same thing.
I know a number of Democrat Christians, and even Republican Jews.
I def. don't consider myself to be an atheist, I'm an agnostic. There's a serious difference.
Although at the same time, I'd consider myself to be an independent, despite voting party line this election.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

ohmy.gif

estin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »

i know, but i'm just going on everything i can see where i live.  if your christian your a rep, if your a rep your a christian.  maybe that isn't how it is everywhere but it is where i'm at.