xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Why Did You Elect John Kerry In The Primaries?  (Read 592 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
Why Did You Elect John Kerry In The Primaries?
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

Yes, the only thing that you mentioned that Clinton didn't force inspectors in the ground and that is why he decided to bomb Iraq in 1998 out of frustration.

Let me ask you;

1) Did Kerry imply there was WMD's in Iraq?

2) Did Kerry say that there was a link between Al Qaeda and Saddam?

From your text, what Kerry said didn't answer the questions for anything above.

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »

I think what fay was trying to get out is the fact that Kerry is so anti-war now, But in 2001, he supported the war against Hussain "no matter what the evidence is about September 11." According to those quotes, Kerry was all for attacking Afghanastan, then following through to put Saddam out of power. Please don't use, "Saddam is out of power now, we need to leave now." because that would leave Iraq open for another tyrant to step into power.

faynor

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

SEN. JOHN KERRY: "t is something that we know-for instance, Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction against his own people, and there is some evidence of their efforts to try to secure these kinds of weapons and even test them." (CBS’ "Face The Nation," 9/23/01)

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Oct 22 2004, 08:57 PM)
That's what I'm saying. We should have known that there was nothing there. Clinton sent in Inspectors, and they turned up empty handed, but for some reason we thought we'd strike gold this time. Even though we had all the information infront of us, no one cared to look at it. We knew as much as the UN, and many other countries, and we thought what we knew was the truth. Not sure why I'm going furthur with this, since we all agree with it.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3403519/

The truth is that it is impossible to verify 100% if Iraq has WMD.  Inspectors was sent (or trying to be sent) during the 1990's to check for WMD.  There are informants (or dis-informants) who said whether there is or no wmds.  But as far as I know, from an informanant in 1995 there was no WMD.  Maybe there was another informanent which says otherwise.  But you can't rely on informants 100% because they might want to bend the truth for their own gain.

After 9/11, a very cooperative Informanant Chalabi says there are WMD's in mobile trucks.  With dumbass proof from him and the eagerness of Bush Administration to 'disarm' Iraq is why we went to war on Iraq.

Baner, you have to tell us how US have proof that Iraq has WMD's.

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »

I'm not saying the US has proof there are WMDs. I said Clinton sent inspectors to Iraq and found nothing, yet when Bush said he thought there are WMDs in Iraq we all believed. Want me to draw you a picture to explain this?

Clinton - 1990s - says there are WMDs - We believe him - No WMDs
Bush - 2000s - says there are WMDs - We believe him - No WMDs

Again, my quote "Fool me once..blah blah blah"
You understand what I'm saying, or is it hard to understand that a Repub is going against Bush for once? All I'm trying to prove is that we've been told the same info twice, and fell for it twice.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (faynor @ Oct 22 2004, 09:29 PM)
CHYRON: "Face The Nation" 9/23/01

that answers #1

Oh brother, taking a sentence and taking out of context.  Read the whole story.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ain312276.shtml

Bob Graham said that quote, not Kerry.

CHYRON: "Face the Nation" 9/15/02

This definitely keeps the question going?

http://www.cbsnews.c...C-SearchStories

Read the whole story, Kerry was talking about  sending inspectors.  Like I said, he didn't imply that Iraq has WMD's.

How you like dem apples pug? biggrin.gif

Like I said, another misinformed Republican voter.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Oct 22 2004, 09:45 PM)
Want me to draw you a picture to explain this?

Clinton - 1990s - says there are WMDs - We believe him - No WMDs
Bush - 2000s - says there are WMDs - We believe him - No WMDs

Again, my quote "Fool me once..blah blah blah"

I would like you to explain it to me.  Since when does Clinton says there are WMD's while he was president?

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

Why would he send weapons inspectors into Iraq if he didn't think there were WMDs?!?

dss311

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

Why would he send weapons inspectors into Iraq if he didn't think there were WMDs?!?

LMAO

Nice Banner!  quick and simple...... laugh.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

faynor, you dont seem to get that people can be wrong at one point, rethink their position, realise they are wrong and change stances... i know its hard to imagine witha  president like bush but its true... some people even, and this is quite bizarre, actually appologise and admit they were wrong...

kerrys main beef with the war is how its being carried out, and i certainly cant blame him...

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Oct 22 2004, 10:02 PM)

To make sure there are no WMD's.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Oct 22 2004, 10:12 PM)
faynor, you dont seem to get that people can be wrong at one point, rethink their position, realise they are wrong and change stances... i know its hard to imagine witha  president like bush but its true... some people even, and this is quite bizarre, actually appologise and admit they were wrong...

kerrys main beef with the war is how its being carried out, and i certainly cant blame him...

Not to mention a President who relies on his 'Gut' and 'Instinct' in his war on Iraq.

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

To make sure there are no WMD's.

That's like saying I'm going outside to make sure it's not snowing, and I can assure you that It's not going to be snowing in GA in the middle of October.
If he didn't think there were WMDs, there would be no reason he'd take the effort in making sure of it.

faynor, you dont seem to get that people can be wrong at one point, rethink their position, realise they are wrong and change stances... i know its hard to imagine witha president like bush but its true... some people even, and this is quite bizarre, actually appologise and admit they were wrong...

I agree, but the extremes he takes it is what rubs me the wrong way. If he's against the way it's being fought right now, why completly pull out. He can just change what he dislikes about the war. According to the quotes, he did want something done there, why the sudden change about Saddam tho?

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Oct 22 2004, 10:22 PM)
That's like saying I'm going outside to make sure it's not snowing, and I can assure you that It's not going to be snowing in GA in the middle of October.
If he didn't think there were WMDs, there would be no reason he'd take the effort in making sure of it.

Oh brother, like it ever snows in Georgia.  That is the wrong analogy.

The fact the matter is that nobody (outside Iraq) can verify if Iraq is producing WMD's.  If there is a unsubstantiated claim that Iraq has WMD the UN will a) just get multilateral task force and attack Iraq b ) get the UN inspectors in Iraq to make sure there are no WMD's.

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

Clinton sending inspectors into iraq was a precaution to make sure saddam was complying... plain and simple.

Just like woman check for breat cancer, they most likely don't have it but it's a precaution.

Like double knotting your shoes before a big game, one knot is most likely enougn but just in case take the precaution.

Like studying for something you're pretty sure won't be on the test, but you do it as a precaution.

ok do you understand what precautions are now?

thomes08
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7