xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Kerry Sinks Even Lower  (Read 489 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

The thing is, they could have mentioned any other gay person, or didn't need to do it at all. Ellen Degeneres is gay, use her name. Use the queer eye guys, etc. Use someone no one has heard of.

pingrr

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

How is this a cheap shot?  Chaneys daughter is openly gay.  So it won't offend her to say she is gay.  This is old news.  He was just pointing out how the president and vice presidents views differ on gay people.

But I still think Kerry and Edwards are  turd burglers that just hasn't come out yet.

estin

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

obviously the cheney family is more embrassed of this than anyone else. their the only ones with the problem with it.  i think people should pay more attention to the fact that cheney is offended and embarrassed of his own daughter. these people are so family oriented yet his daughter is a disgrace.  kerry's comment was very respectfull and actually defended cheney's daughter on that issue thus supporting his competitors family.  cheney's embarassment of his own family is what is pathetic, and using his daughters sexuality as political cheap shot on kerry is whats in poor taste.

dss311

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

The problem with Kerry's comments were they were directed at someone that wasn't there to defend themselves.  Kerry should have continued to debate President Bush on his policies and administration procedures.  Instead he decided to make an issue of the family member of his running mate, VP Cheney.  The point Kerry was trying to make still could have been accomplished by  referencing a neutral and openly gay person like Ellen Degeneres as Brandogg suggested.  Was his comments a cheap shot?  Probably yes,  but I doubt this issue will really play any role in the election.  I wouldn't make (or change) my selection for whom to vote for on this trivial issue.  

Regarding estin's statement “fact that cheney is offended and embarrassed of his own daughter”:  The Cheney family was not embarrassed of their daughter.  They were disenchanted that a political candidate would direct comments at a non political family member.  Bush could have made some stupid comment about Teresa Heinz Kerry  and her gin tainted raisins and he would have been in the wrong.

DSS311

gcskate27

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

thats completely different... even if they were debating about alcoholism, bringing up teresa's supposed alcoholism would be a cheap shot, as you arent born that way and its deemed as a sickness/weakness*...

the lesbian comment was in no way a cheap shot and people are really just making a big deal out of nothing, trying to make kerry out to be a bad guy because the race is so close... sign of desperation if you ask me...

*and i know some people view homosexuality this way, but thinking people can see otherwise...

*plus how would she defend herself, by completely agreeing with kerry? it wasnt an attack... shesh...

dss311

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

Gcskate27,

Do you think Kerry's comments regarding Cheney's daughter was respectful and a smart political move?  Since it did stir up so much controversy I would consider it a poor choice.  If you contend it was a smart comment, I would like to hear why?

My statement regarding Teressa was not to point out her “alleged alcoholism”.  The point was made to suggest it is bad taste to drag relatives of candidates into the debate.  

Will Kerry continue to make poor statements in the future if he is elected? I would hate to see him accidentally insult the Queen of England or another dignitary.......

DSS311

gcskate27

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

My statement regarding Teressa was not to point out her “alleged alcoholism”. The point was made to suggest it is bad taste to drag relatives of candidates into the debate.

still its not the same thing, nowhere near... as reasons ive previously stated show... it would be in extremely poor taste to take pot shots at someone saying they have a problem, yet not so if you are simply saying an openly gay person is gay and would say she born that way... again, completely different... the fact that they are two people related to the candidates is incidental...

estin

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (dss311 @ Oct 24 2004, 12:04 AM)
Will Kerry continue to make poor statements in the future if he is elected? I would hate to see him accidentally insult the Queen of England or another dignitary.......

dude, kerry isn't the one who goes on tv saying "we will not have a all volunteer army............................................er um WE will have a all volunteer army!!"  

how can you worry about statements kerry MIGHT make in the wrong when he has no history of even comming close.  how can we take Bush seriously when he can't even spit out what he's trying to say? does he even know?  if we follow your line of logic bush is the one to watch out for.  you say kerry might insult the queen of england *which has no political control and is more a icon* but what about all the other countries bush has insulted and lost as our allies? bush has pissed off more people/country leaders than i can even count, not to mention a large part of the american people.

pingrr

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »

It's all part of politics.  All politishins know going into these situations. That they they will bring up stuff about thier families.  Like it or not it's just the way the political game is played.  If you don't like it and want to keep your family life private than don't run for a high profile office.

dss311

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »

i think it was respectful,

gcskate27
do however, think it was a smart, biting comment

I don't know how to reason with that logic???? uhh.gif

Estin
about statements kerry MIGHT make in the wrong when he has no history of even comming close.

Ok, I will give you a real life example then:  How about Kerry alienating Poland?  That is sure to earn some respect....

DSS311

thomes08

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

poland is pulling out.  they had like 6 troops in there and quite frankly that doesn't mean shit.  we have a "coalition" of 30 some-odd countries but only 1 is really doing stuff and that is the US.  The UK is a decent help don't get me wrong, but it's really insignificant compared to the weight on our sholders.  I'm not bashing the UK at all i actually applaud them for not getting involved all that much.  The other 28 countries are just giving us a thumbs up, what a coalition.

thomes08

estin

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (dss311 @ Oct 25 2004, 12:51 AM)

Estin

Ok, I will give you a real life example then:  How about Kerry alienating Poland?  That is sure to earn some respect....

DSS311

and Bush going against the UN is? not to mention against all of our former alies we've lost now because of it.  when it comes down to it the US is the only country in our "coalition" that is even supplying any troops.  thats some coalition. we have a pat on the back but no other forms of support.  if there really was a coalition against terrorism it would be all different countries military comming together for a common goal.  instead we have like a handfull of countries going " i guess i'm with you, send in your troops and we'll see how things turn out"  Britain's possibly sending in 800 some troops i guess is somewhat of a start, but is certainly a mistake on their part if they actually do it.  But i beleive Britain is smarter than that.

dss311

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »

jester.gif

DSS311

estin

• Archived User
Kerry Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

jester.gif

estin