xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Eminem's Ghetto Pass Revoked  (Read 406 times)

dietrite

• Archived User
Eminem's Ghetto Pass Revoked
« on: October 12, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

http://www.allhiphop...opnews/?ID=3606

Steve Harvey Revokes Eminem's 'Ghetto Pass,' Video Pulled From BET
By Latisha Simmons
Date: 10/12/2004 2:37 pm

Michael Jackson called in on Los Angeles radio station 100.3 this morning (October 12th) to voice his disapproval of the new Eminem video for his song "Just Lose It.”

In the video, Eminem plays the characters of Jackson, Madonna & MC Hammer and others.

The video shows scenes of Eminem dressed as Jackson sitting on a bed with children jumping around him.

With Jackson's recent troubles, the scenes are hitting a little too close to home for the King of Pop.

"I never had a problem with Eminem,” Jackson said during The Steve Harvey Morning Show.

Harvey also voiced his disgust with the rapper.

"Eminem has lost his ghetto pass,” Harvey declared. “We want the pass back."

Harvey said that he was displeased at the way Eminem chose to depict the black community.

He added that rappers who are afraid to say something because they don’t want to jeopardize their own careers are "cowards."

"You [Eminem] apologized about the comments you made before about us being ni**ers and calling black women b**ches but we don't want your apology now", Harvey fumed.

In a bombshell revelation, Harvey stated that Bob Johnson, Founder and CEO of BET has decided to pull the video from BET’s rotation and will not be playing it again.

Johnson also called The Steve Harvey morning show and confirmed the video has been pulled from the BET airwaves.

Johnson is expected to release a statement later today about this issue.

Harvey also stated that MTV and VH1 should follow suit and pull the video as well.

dietrite

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »

eminem's a genious for the controversy he stirs up to sell records (not a flame)

you got to give him credit

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

yeah no kidding... this is his 4th major release and it's already causing shit.  And it's not even out yet

thomes08

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

"You [Eminem] apologized about the comments you made before about us being ni**ers and calling black women b**ches but we don't want your apology now", Harvey fumed.

In Eminem's defense, he never said it that way.  That "comment" was from a tape he made when he was 14 and had just broken up with a black girl.  If we were all held accountable or a lot of the stupid stuff we did as kids, we'd be in serious trouble.

I love the video, it's hilarious, how it became black vs. white is unknown.  BET seems racist anyways.  Anyone who favours censoring this type of material must have other reasons for doing so.  They probably beleive that it could cause trouble for the fans who are mostly pro-Jackson.
Get a life people.

Then this Harvey guy says Eminem was granted a "ghetto pass"?  How so?  I guess that skin color DOES come before talent!
BET are a bunch of racists trying to divide America even more.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

who watches bet anyway? i cant imagine anyone intelligent watching it... comicview is the worst show ever... every comic saying the exact same thing and not actually making jokes, just being loud and running around on stage/falling on the floor... utter shit...  dry.gif

dietrite

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »

yes, user posted image @ steve harvey for making this into a black & white thing. other rappers, comedians, tv shows, late night shows, etc.. have "dissed" on michael jackson, why is it wrong when eminem does? and on top of that BET actually pulls the video and steve harvey urges mtv & vh1 to do the same.  dry.gif

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 09:12:00 PM »

People watch BET???

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

gcskate, you just insulted a ton of people. You're obviously white.

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »

Fuck mainstream music, anyone who listens to that tasteless bullshit is a fucking tool. Mainstream music is the MAN.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 10:24:00 PM »

BET is actually quite a bit racist.  It also sucks shit as many of you have pointed out.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (brandogg @ Oct 12 2004, 09:24 PM)
gcskate, you just insulted a ton of people. You're obviously white.

was this sarcasm?  

but yeah i am white... can tell by my avatar...  biggrin.gif

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 02:21:00 AM »

the comedy on BET is shit...

if someone tells a joke that ISN'T racial, the crowd tilts their heads and stares in confusion.

edit: typo

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »

I'll agree that BET can come of as racist. Still though, it is one of few channels dedcated to a black audience (I'm not going to say African American, because I'm sure BET comes on all over the world...plus, we all know what the B stands for).

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

so were you suggesting i was insulting black people or the stupid people who watch bet?

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »

Jackson set himself for something like this. He got what he diserved. As for Eminem, this is how he created his career. We all remeber him making fun of Carson Daily, Christiana Agurliara (sp? lol), Britney Spears, and Fred Durst.

I still wanna know why I'll get sued if I make a HWCMA18-24EC (Healthy White Christian Aged 18-24 Entertainment Channel). Why is the Majority always getting screwed over like the Minority used to? Damn equal rights movement.
Pages: [1] 2 3