xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Presidential Debate # 2  (Read 334 times)

damam

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (appleguru @ Oct 9 2004, 05:13 AM)
It was sort of an unfair question thogh, Bush answered it as any good politician should (Stating negative points about oneself is never a positive thing to do...)

I agree, the democrats have been egging him on to admit a mistake, any mistake, so that they can blast it across the airwaves in small edited sound bites.  This was nothing more than yet another try.

appleguru

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Oct 8 2004, 11:30 PM)

While this may be true, I havent' looked it up, Kerry never says anythign to his defense about that. It comes up but he never says why, or maybe i havent heard him say something. I think he doesnt have a defense for that personally except to put in a anti-war vote somewhere.

I didnt watch more than 10 minutes, but Bush seemed a little more confident in this one atleast. I did see once again Kerry saying he has a plan to fix a few problems but never goes in depth about how he's going to go about fixing it. I'm not saying he should sit up there and bore the hell out of people, but mayeb he should put it somewhere on a webpage. I wouldnt look at it anyhow, but some would. Bush should do the same.

Funny you should say that... http://www.johnkerry.com/plan/  biggrin.gif

And Kerry even mentioned it in the debate tongue.gif

BTW, Kerry did talk about his reasons for his vote on not spending that money for the troops; iirc one was where the $$ was coming from, and another was what it was to be spent on (Specifically). He said it wasn't that he was opposed to the idea, but simply opposed to the specific way it was to be done.

dietrite

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Oct 8 2004, 09:30 PM)
...I'm not saying he should sit up there and bore the hell out of people, but mayeb he should put it somewhere on a webpage. I wouldnt look at it anyhow, but some would.

way ahead of u buddy  wink.gif he mentioned his website in the first presidential debate and how it has all of his plans on it.

www.johnkerry.com

WilliamChgo

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

wink.gif

WilliamChgo

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

wink.gif

pug_ster

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »

I watched Nightline and it seems that nobody seems to be answering any questions that the people raised.  We all know that Bush doesn't have any economic policy.  But at least Kerry can BS some economic policy (with numbers) so he can make voters happy.

rocky_2197

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

Bush did alot better this time. I agree this did save/ recovered from the laast debate. I think the town hall setting is more conducive to the speaking style of Bush. Kerry has that lecture style speaking.

I liked the way Bushed tied in the lawyer/health care statagy. It was good.

I didn't like how Kerry seemed to be on the deffensive so much like attaking Bush, but I probably do the sme if I was getting beat like that.

Kerry did have some good points. Not that many though.

Overall Bush won this debate.

Trisman

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (damam @ Oct 9 2004, 05:55 AM)
I agree, the democrats have been egging him on to admit a mistake, any mistake, so that they can blast it across the airwaves in small edited sound bites.  This was nothing more than yet another try.

How is this the Democrats' doing, when all the questions were chosen by the audiance, which were all undecided voters.

pegasys

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

I think Bush took this debate, whenever Kerry explained, why he didn't pass a bill, Bus would say, He didn't pass it bad bill not pass is bad for countery bad kerry bad flip-flopper.  Bush never acnoledged the fact that the majority of tax cuts go to the rich even when there are documents stating it as such.I also like how Bush attacked the fact that Kerry and Edwards are layers.  Arguing with Bush is hard because regardles of what evidense that he was wrong is put before him, he will just say that he was right, he is like a child and it disgusts me.

thomes08

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (Colonel32 @ Oct 9 2004, 06:09 AM)
The timber company exchange is going to get some serious media play. It was a great line followed by a big mistake.    laugh.gif

yeah i liked how most of the major netoworks wight after the debate were like "i don't know why bush said what he did about that"

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

I'm also suprised that Bush did not call out Rep. Charles Rangel (D-New York) when on the topic of the draft, afterall it was Mr. Rangel who authored that bill. He is a rascist prick who still thinks we live in the 1960s, he should be lynched.

*cough*

Are you having problems paying the bills? Do you sometimes get mad at people just for their skin color? Do you think that lynching people is an acceptable way to solve our problems? Then you should visit http://www.kkk.bz/ where people like you can congregate and discuss these matters in an adult fashion.

smile.gif

brandogg

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

Kerry's mistake wasn't about how he talked about voting against the $87 billion, his mistake was that he VOTED AGAINST the $87 billion.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

So we should...steal from the lower and middle class so we can more efficiently kill Iraqi civilians?

Your opinion is interesting.

brandogg

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

I guess I can add this here. About the "slow" job rate this month. Did anyone not see that Florida was hit by 4 hurricanes in the past 2 months? A huge section of the entire southeast was completely devestated. All I have to do is walk outside and look at all the condemned buildings, houses, and businesses to see hundreds of jobs that were lost within a 5 mile stretch of land. I don't know if we would have hit the expected 150,000 jobs we thought we would have this month, but ther is no question that the weather completely wiped away thousands of jobs.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Presidential Debate # 2
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

Pro Death?

Better than pro-ignorant-country-folk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4