xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Genetics  (Read 240 times)

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »

ah but how much mutation before it becomes creation...

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

again you have not created anything "new;" you have just mutated an animate object to interact with an already animate object. The greatest genentic breakthrough that can ever happen will be when a scientist creates a human from a piece of wood

thats is not genetics

genetics being defined as:
The branch of biology that deals with heredity, especially the mechanisms of hereditary transmission and the variation of inherited characteristics among similar or related organisms.

taken from http://dictionary.re...arch?q=genetics

maybe it isn't "Godly" creation but it is essentially accelerated evolution...

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »

Well, we can look at it mathematically.

Creature X
Mutation Y

X and Y = XY

XY = an entirely new creature.

So by most standards you CREATED creature XY.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »

Haha, hey I'm on your side.

I just figured maybe they could understand it better if put into highschool algebra terms.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Another topic to think about:
any ideas on the "near perfect organism"?

my best idea would be a creature based mostly on human DNA with enhanced vision, stronger skin (i'll explain this later), retractable arm blades (solve the problem of biological superiority), node organs working together (to reduce the effect of serious wounds, multiple smaller copies of organs), enhannced brain function and neuron count, extremely high amounts of melatonin, many numerous cosmetic enhancements...

fireflier

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (Maximumbeing @ Oct 3 2004, 01:44 AM)
Well, we can look at it mathematically.

Creature X
Mutation Y

X and Y = XY

XY = an entirely new creature.

So by most standards you CREATED creature XY.

I think you have taken the word "created" out of context.  If you look above a few posts, Psi leaves the ponderonce of Godly power...all that I am stating is that the power to mutate does immediately offer the power of "Creation."  Yes by mixing X+Y you will create creature XY.  But it is not a creature that you brought into being from nothing.  That is creation. I thought it might be better if I wrote this at a high school reading comprehension level.  Don't mean to flame on ya...but your last comment irked me... wink.gif

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »

smile.gif

why will this happen? because it can! and we are human beings with choice! we take risks! risk defines science and forms the basis of humanity...

Is sacrificing life for science right?

fireflier

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

Beings post about high school algrebra..anyways..you seem very articulate and highly imaginative to say the least.  Just a quick thought here on your increased neurons in your "super human,"  they have linked autism to increased neurons.  And autism as we know can be very debilitating, the brain as well as our  genetic map are far from being fully understood.  I don't doubt that someone somewhere is pondering the why's and howto's to what you propose; but, the technology nor the understanding of ourselves is just not at that level.  We used to sacrifice life's to God's....I don't think that  got us anything either....

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

I don't doubt that someone somewhere is pondering the why's and howto's to what you propose; but, the technology nor the understanding of ourselves is just not at that level. We used to sacrifice life's to God's....I don't think that got us anything either....

we really don't know... and its blending religion and science (never a good thing).... but understanding could be reached, but with all the barriers and restrictions, how will anyone condict research?

One more thing i just though of... I personally think cloning is not going to be the future.. many people think that cloning gives the clone the mind of the origanal, which we have seen in animals... (unconfirmed) and that makes cloning useless for practical purposes...

no human clones... bah! we don't even know the effects.... sigh.. when will people learn that resistance only leads to conflict  sad.gif

D.Mon

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »

sad.gif

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

EmperorPsiblade here i think is going into fantasy, now if it was possible to create incredible super beings like this; why?

Why would we? Because we can! Humans take risks.. and if we fail and kill millions we try again... that is our nature...

Is it genetically possible? Yes... we have shown that plants can be enhannced... why not ourselfs?

At least in America we should be able to create and implement this... all about free choice....

but then again, America is one of the most restrictive countries with genetics...  dry.gif

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

I thought it might be better if I wrote this at a high school reading comprehension level. Don't mean to flame on ya...but your last comment irked me... 

It's a shame I'm one of 5 people on this forum that doesn't type like a 5 year old with bad vision, otherwise your comment might be a good call.

Creation doesn't mean you just snap your fingers and something appears.
Do you not agree that an assembly line creates products?
What about concepts, if I kicked you in the crotch, I would be creating pain, no?

beerchug.gif

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »

laugh.gif

i don't really write anything a certain way... it all depends on the interpretation of the reader...

it really is just miscommunication... i meant creation in a biblical way as in showing how God created the universe (creationism) and comparing it to humans creating enhannced humans...
is it really creating new creatures? or is it only modification? it really depends on your opinion....

cainedna

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

What about concepts, if I kicked you in the crotch, I would be creating pain, no?

Pain is an abstract concept, though. It might cause pleasure (in the right person), so you're not creating pain, you're simply damaging tissue.
Honestly though, a lot of this stuff is addressed in classic sci-fi and comic books....  laugh.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3