xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Genetics  (Read 239 times)

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

Are you a complete moron parading yourself as someone with intelligence?? Psi was speaking in the biblical sense of the word "creation." If you need help reading between the lines, speak to a 5th grader with bad vision. Once again I shall state, I did not mean to flame on you; but, your comment irked me. Do you need a definition of irked?

Someone lets their panties get tied in a knot easily, I didn't even read the first page of this forum, I jumped in on the difference between mutation and creation. You guys were beyond biblical creation at that point, ass.

However, it wasn't you that had to use highschool algebra to explain a relatively simple idea to me  wink.gif

Cain, I agree that pain is abstract, however, even if pain causes pleasure, I still caused the pain.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2004, 07:53:00 PM »

Honestly though, a lot of this stuff is addressed in classic sci-fi and comic books....

i can't argue with that... but a simple look into genetics shows that it is possible... it does go with one of my main points that "ethics" and "morals" are getting in the way... (personally i think that it is mainly the religous zealots that are the main resistance) We cannot afford to afford to slow down research in the name of "ethics." Current project such as the Human Genome Project are a step in the right direction but they lack foresight into the applications of the science to its everyday implementation...

Can you imagine how far advanced we are from that point now???

and how much has research and development slowed? or do we just not know what the government is creating (war generally creates new technologies)...

spending too much on Iraq in my not so humble opinion.. but its their money....

but thats diverging from the main issue....

EDIT: speaking of diversion, creation and the miscommunication stemming from the lack of a better word is not the main issue either...

fireflier

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Oct 7 2004, 12:26 AM)
and how much has research and development slowed? or do we just not know what the government is creating (war generally creates new technologies)...

Well the Stealth fighter was created during the Cold war era, seeing as we are now in a new era of unconventional warfare, I think the effort to design and create new technologies will be tantamount.  I don't think comic books and sci fi writers of old ever really thought we could one day produce their "fantasy works."  I made mention of the belts used to aid spinal injury patients in reference to a "Borgish" interface unit.  Many a sci fi  story has been told of people being implanted with electrical devices to aid them in some way.  It is here that I suggest sci fi meets modern day medicine.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »

It's not really apologizing when you say, "I don't mean to flame you, but you're an idiot."

And the discussion at that point had to relevance to biblical creation, you were discussing if mutation were a form of creation. I gave my 2 cents, in a way that I figured all could understand, it wasn't meant to belittle you, it was just meant to be an easy diagram for all to see.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

woah woah woah....

play nicely now....

jbp20717

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2004, 07:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Oct 6 2004, 10:02 PM)
but then again, America is one of the most restrictive countries with genetics...  dry.gif

It's a pity that probably the most advanced country in regrds to genetics takes such a strong stance against it.

Can't remember how it was who said it, but I wouldn't worry about China creating super soldiers.  They could probably beat any nation anyway - as Mao said, if a Chinese person were to be killed for every American killed, they'd still have 700 million people.  Then again he also had a theory that if every Chinese person jumped at the same time, they could create a tidal wave which would destroy the US.

Baner

• Archived User
Genetics
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

Then again he also had a theory that if every Chinese person jumped at the same time, they could create a tidal wave which would destroy the US.

How funny would that be
Colin Powell: Sir, those damn commies are creating tidal waves, again.
Bush: Looks like we're going to have to use the nukes!
Pages: 1 2 [3]