xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Bush's Fear Tactics...  (Read 464 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« on: September 25, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »

Well, the latest stuff in the news is that when Kerry tries to lash out at Bush about his policies in Iraq.  Bush and other republican politicans are accusing that Kerry is 'aiding the terrorists' if he gets to be elected.  

There's one thing about talking about pulling troops out from Iraq, but Kerry aiding the terrorists is going too far.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6086018/

For a fear president who literally re-invented the word 'terrorist.'  If you look here for the definition of terrorism, isn't that what Bush is doing?  We are going back to the days of McCarthyism where people fear who is helping the terrorists.

With the patrotic Act, we are giving up some of those liberties as Americans.  This is what Benjamin Franklin said about fear and Liberty:

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

This is what William Shakespeare say about this subject.

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.

"And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.

"How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

pug_ster

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Sep 26 2004, 06:37 AM)
Kerry is aiding the terrorists. He is so indecisive he'll one week be a gung ho and bomb them then next week when public opinion is down stop and blame it the Republicans. Either way they are both crooks and i dont vote because it's useles anyways. I would say I would be Libertarian.

It was not Kerry's decision to attack Iraq.  Kerry's 'indecisiveness' (if that's what you want to call it) had no influence on what is going on in Iraq.  Unless you see some kind of proof that Kerry is actually aiding the terrorists, it is BS.  And blaming Kerry aiding the terrorists just the same as Hitler blaming the Jews the misery in Germany during the depression.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

Kerry is the one using fear tactics.

Witness his recent "Bush will enact the draft" crap.

Witness Ter-Ay-Za's "Capture Bin Laden this month" crap.

Witness Kerry and Edwards "Huge Guard call-up" crap.

Witness Kerry's "Alawi is a liar!" rant

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Fear tactics are the Democrats weapon, not the Bush administrations. Terorrism IS real, but they are doing what they must to combat it.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 26 2004, 02:25 PM)

Fear tactics are the Democrats weapon, not the Bush administrations. Terorrism IS real, but they are doing what they must to combat it.

and who came up with the lovely color of orange, yellow and red????

well today, lets make it an  yellow  threat level, then tomorrow how about shit brown level?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ Sep 26 2004, 04:23 PM)
and who came up with the lovely color of orange, yellow and red????

well today, lets make it an  yellow  threat level, then tomorrow how about shit brown level?

...and if they did nothing, you'd bitch them out for NOT having a damn chart.

Shove the "damned if you do, damned if you don't attack" crap, ok?

If you fear a simple chart, you are an idiot. Bush didn't create Islam and it's call to murder infidels.

The raped little girls at Beslan. Only a true sick asshole would blame Bush for that. I blame those responsible - Muslim terrorists and those that support them, in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 26 2004, 08:25 PM)

Kerry can't call a draft (unless he is president), but even with 135.000 troops, we can't stabilize Iraq.  This is going to happen.

Did you forgot that Bin Laden was the mastermind of 9/11?  Then why are we attacking Iraq and it seems that the US will let the Pakistan try to hunt down Bin Laden down.  Oh, and the PM of Pakistan agreed that Iraq is a haven for Terrorists also.

This is true, otherwise it would be crap.

Both Bush and Alawi painted a rosy picture of Iraq yet parts of it are controlled by Al-Sadr and Al Zarqawi.  Now both of them came to UN and beg other countries to contribute to the war effort that Bush started.  Of course they are a liar.

I'm afraid that Bush is the one spreading the fear.  I would be happy if Bush would bring anything else up besides on 'the war on Terror.'

pug_ster

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 26 2004, 10:02 PM)
The raped little girls at Beslan. Only a true sick asshole would blame Bush for that. I blame those responsible - Muslim terrorists and those that support them, in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM.

Yes, those are terrorists.  As far as I know, nobody (including Kerry) blamed Bush for that and it has nothing to do what is going on in Iraq.  

It is a tragedy what happened in Beslan.  But because of that incident, Russia is going backward to a time where Democracy is going to disappear.

http://abcnews.go.co...040924_162.html

People like Kerry and a lot of democrats are voicing their anger over the way that Bush is handling Iraq.  Now, Bush says that when those people voiced their concern are 'inviting another terrorist attack.'  At least we have those freedoms to voice our concerns unlike Russia after the incident in Beslan.  Bush, being arrogant in this position, shows why he doesn't really care what a good amount of Americans think anyways.  Maybe Bush should call Democrats Terrorists because they are aiding 'the enemy' and arrest more than 100 million of us democrats.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 26 2004, 08:25 PM)

I agree the Democrats are using fear tactics, but do you actully belive the Bush administation isnt???

Didnt Cheney just recently say that if Kerry is eleceted there WILL be another terrorist attack. Yes he did say that, and that is scare tactic plain and simple.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 26 2004, 04:02 PM)
...and if they did nothing, you'd bitch them out for NOT having a damn chart.

Shove the "damned if you do, damned if you don't attack" crap, ok?

If you fear a simple chart, you are an idiot. Bush didn't create Islam and it's call to murder infidels.

wow, so you know how i feel huh?

personally, i feel the chart is a watse of time, tom ridge is a complete robot that isnt helping our country one bit, and the bush administration is handling domestic affairs sadly

instead, their off attacking a country that poses no threat, and in the process personally pissing off more islamic people

i also dont like how you blame islam in general for terrorism towards us, that assumption shows me your the typical american that feels all islamic people are terrorist camel fucks that want to kill everyone for no reason

but when will you hypocrites learn, the terrorism that exsists now exsists because of what were doing, because of these stereotypes
its the US that is further fueling terrorism, not putting it out

thomes08

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

who's they?  Islams?  If so i don't know whether to laugh or cry about how pathetic you are.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Sep 27 2004, 03:15 AM)
I believe they are terrorists. They go out capture civilians trying to rebuild their country and behead them.

After the attack at Pearl Harbor and US geared to start on the offensive in WWII, US decided to segerate Japanese-Americans to these camps.  Right now, 99% of Muslims in the world are peace loving people while the other 1% are radical muslims who believe in violence.  So should you punish the other 99% because they happen to be Muslims?

thomes08

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

sure why not sacrifice 99% good people to save a few american lives.  that makes sense, MORON!

K98

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

Hmm i didnt say anything about Punishing or even killing islams. You just assumed that. How would u like if they filmed a friend or family member getting beheaded. I would bet 99% of islams have atleast soem hatred for the US but only a few actually carry out terrorist acts. I guess that's what i was trying to say but u 2 just jumped to the conclusion that terrorists=beign punish and/or killed.

thomes08

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

Let's recap....you called islams terrorists.  I'm going to make a reasonable assumption that you think terrorists should be punished, correct?  I don't think anyone would argue that.

Ok so terrorists should be punished, that's fine.  Then you say that islams are terrorists.  So you are basically saying ISLAMS ARE TERRORISTS AND SHOULD BE PUNISHED.  How are we jumping to conclusions by going off what you said, but you're not by spouting off hatred for a large group of people for what a very small percentage of that group has done in the past?

please explain cause something doesn't add up here

Baner

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

99% of Muslims in the world are peace loving people

How do you figure?

please explain

I'm going to make a reasonable assumption

Don't make assumptions

We're at the same risk of being attack by terrorists as we we're before 9/11. But tell me how many of you actually fear going to work everyday, because a plane might fly into your building, or because CNN tells you that we're in a RED level threat for a terrorist attack? Who actually listens to these political guys? I'm sure that the majority of people who are going to vote, already have their minds made up. As for the rest of the voters, probably won't now till the day of the election.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5