xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: A Just War?  (Read 926 times)

DOS4GW

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (Maximumbeing @ Sep 26 2004, 11:20 PM)

Are you insinuating that he doesn't know how to blow himself?

BURN.

I've lost all faith in the people of this country.

Touche!

gronne

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (DOS4GW @ Sep 26 2004, 06:19 PM)
Argee. Seems that we got a oddly high concentration of super intelligente people here, odd regarding only 2.1 - 0.14 % population got this high IQs wich these guys claim to have.

Since this is a technology forum it should be reasonable to consider people here are more intelligent than the average, but still not. Most people on this forum are about 15-20 years old, whereas all are interested in computers. The only very intelligent people here are probably the few that have some serious programming skills. I mean you obviously can be very intelligent without any knowledge of programming, but this still is a technology forum.

When I first came to this forum, I thought most people would speak in pure computer terms. Luckily you didn't. But we should consider that this is an extremely big community about a toy, generally speaking rolleyes.gif

thomes08

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

i haven't been paying much attention to this forum lately, i've only been responding to things that really stand out to me.  School and working and stuff are just too important for me to be so involved in this.  

but WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE FREAKING OUT ABOUT IQ's????  It's not worth it for me to read the last few pages and find out.  I don't know who started it, left or right, and i don't care.  It's really stupid and has nothign to do with politics, news, or religion.

jeti

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

I don't know who started it

It's really stupid

then don't add to the conversation. tums08. rotfl.gif

do you guys think i would get hit more or less buy the enemy if i flew a small iraqi flag from the antenna? just a thought?   jeti

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

I was simply pointing out that the average american IQ is 97, and everyone flipped out, and started posting their IQ's and such.

I'm an instigator.

thomes08

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (jeti @ Sep 27 2004, 04:08 AM)

then don't add to the conversation. tums08. rotfl.gif

do you guys think i would get hit more or less buy the enemy if i flew a small iraqi flag from the antenna? just a thought?   jeti

ditto

gronne

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

Intelligence is very important, but without moral, it's a danger. In politics this is very important to emphasize.

So in the end your intelligence won't matter if you lack moral. This profile fits several right-wingers e.g Hitler, and some in this forum.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

melon

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

even if it is wishfull thinking

I'm not calling everyone who voted for Bush idiots, rich people who voted for him are smart because the get huge tax brakes and benefits with Bush in power. The "little guy" who likes Bush in office is who I am calling idiots.

Pretty astute comment. The same thing happens over here. The trashy "news"paper The Scum (or the sun as its known), is bought by a lot of the working class, white van driver, builders and such. Yet it is owned by Rupert Murdoch and is totally right wing. If you read it there is a complete twist on the news that could make a tax break for the rich funded by the poor a good idea.

I dont understand why they buy it??
They usually vote conservative as well.

From an American perspective how can anyone who is poor vote Bush when he said (something like)

"Some people call you the elite, I call you my base"

I know thats not an exact quote but you get the idea.

Jeti try a Palastinian flag its nuetral but safe and you might even be able to surprise a few Al'Quieda thinking its some Hamas fighters wink.gif

pug_ster

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #219 on: September 28, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

I have a feeling that the Iraqi Police won't be effective.  So Jeti, I don't know what to say except expect more US troops.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6095119/

Look at the 'free video' in the right.  According to the article, it sounds like a typical IP are:

1) They can't find other jobs.  So they have no choice but to join the Police and $200 a month is a very good job.

2) Many of these IP's are intimated by militants and some of them support these militants or look the other way when these militants fight against the US.

3) There are no background checks, and there is minimal training goes to these guys.

4) The US don't provide enough body armor and guns for these guys.

5) 40,000 out of the 100,000 of the IP's will be fired because they are not doing their duties as IP's.  So the US is going to use 60 million to buy them out.  Gee, that's $15K per IP.  I can go for that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3403667/

Then again, I do feel sorry for them because a lot of IP's died fighting these militants.  It is really the Bush's fault to throw money away to create an ineffective police force anyways.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #220 on: September 28, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

Oh no, I'm sure things can't change... Not a possible scenario what so ever...

jeti

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »

one of the oldest cultures will be hard to change. don't hold your breath!

DOS4GW

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2004, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (jeti @ Sep 28 2004, 06:12 PM)
one of the oldest cultures will be hard to change. don't hold your breath!

I am refeering to "Iraq Was No Threat(video)"

drunkmunk

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »

Jeti, man I hope you make it home soon I was over there for a year myself so I know how bad it sucks.

Fuck these assholes who want to sit on there high horses and are not willing to do anything to make a difference in the world around them. People want to act like American soldiers are barbaric and bring up the fact that innocents are getting killed, but america has the most surgical methods of fighting of any nation, but war is war and unfortunately the enemy likes to hide out in schools and innocent peoples homes.

As for people discussing the different countries that hate us, ie france, germany and a most of the rest of the european continent. they sure were glad when we invaded for wwII when we did "occupy" and "liberate" the german people from a lunatic dictator. Kinda funny how all the products in iraq were german and french due to they had the most trade with them during the "food for oil" program. these two hypocritical countries had more to gain by keeping them under sanctions.

oh yeah jeti where you at over there?

DOS4GW

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »

The French and Germans are the only one in Europe going strong out on this war.

Remember, Italy, Spain (not anymore), Poland, Denmark, UK, Norway supports the US.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18