xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: House Panel Oks Wide Ranging Copyright Bill  (Read 330 times)

bluedeath

• Archived User
House Panel Oks Wide Ranging Copyright Bill
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Sep 10 2004, 06:38 PM)
You're an idiot...

...your argument is this bill will cripple the economy, and yet, it's only being passed because the private sector, ie: corporations, are controlling congress?  Someone actually being stupid enough to believe that might be funny, if it weren't so god damn depressing.

Nothing like a personal attack when you don't get your way.  Wow... sounds like every spoiled aristocratic republican I have ever known.  Your candor displays everything I dislike about the elite republican population.  If someone does not agree with you then it is time to attack with as much haughty arrogance that can possibly be mustered.  If this is the way this must go then so be it.  Nemt you sound like a parrot repeating every word some out of touch professor who has been hiding from the world in the classroom has fed to you.  If you keep regurgitating perhaps you will get an A+.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

Okay, so explain what I'm not getting.

First you say Congress is passing a bill which will knowingly cripple the economy, and then you go on to say it's because corporations and the RIAA control Congress somehow...crushing the economy doesn't seem like it would benefit these inherently evil entities, does it?

So yeah, like I said...you're an idiot.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Sep 10 2004, 09:57 PM)
Okay, so explain what I'm not getting.

First you say Congress is passing a bill which will knowingly cripple the economy, and then you go on to say it's because corporations and the RIAA control Congress somehow...crushing the economy doesn't seem like it would benefit these inherently evil entities, does it?

So yeah, like I said...you're an idiot.

Of course congress does not understand that this bill will have economic repercussions nor do they care.  Our government along with the corporations that feed it has forgotten the most important principle of economics.  If you invest in the people then the return will be larger than any other investment.  You haven't experienced much of this country have you?  This land is the land of instant gratification.  The general consensus is getting the money while you can.  Our elected representatives were elected because they had more money than the other guy.  They are nothing more than squirrels gathering nuts before the winter of their defeat.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Sep 11 2004, 01:53 PM)
Of course congress does not understand that this bill will have economic repercussions nor do they care.  Our government along with the corporations that feed it has forgotten the most important principle of economics.

It's a good thing they have kids on the internet to point them in the right direction.  Trust me, the people running the country know much more about economics than you do.  Stop bitching about not being able to copy a DVD illegally anymore.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Sep 11 2004, 07:26 PM)
Trust me, the people running the country know much more about economics than you do.

Is that why we have the highest defecit ever!

Typical republican response.  If you question us then we attack.  Thank you for portraying the close minded republican so well nemt.  You are a credit to your aryan brothers.  I will keep my signature the way it is until you post a copy of your enlistment papers.  If you are such a patriot then Back IT UP!

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

Actually, I have a career as a USMC officer waiting for me when I finish college.

In any event, Congress didn't vote to approve the 9/11 attacks or the collapse of Enron, these are the causes of the deficit, not the fiscal policy of the US.

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Sep 11 2004, 08:28 PM)
Is that why we have the highest defecit ever!

Typical republican response.  If you question us then we attack.  Thank you for portraying the close minded republican so well nemt.  You are a credit to your aryan brothers.  I will keep my signature the way it is until you post a copy of your enlistment papers.  If you are such a patriot then Back IT UP!

Hey loosen up, don't be such a fucking nazi. Is it ok for someone to think different than you?

This is what happens when you don't share the same ideology as bluedeath.
user posted image

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Sep 11 2004, 08:53 PM)
Actually, I have a career as a USMC officer waiting for me when I finish college.

In any event, Congress didn't vote to approve the 9/11 attacks or the collapse of Enron, these are the causes of the deficit, not the fiscal policy of the US.

A ring knocker Marine.  Well good for you.  Always remember that the enlisted hate you more than they hate the enemy.  Our current government was instrumental in the collapse of Enron.   You are the one preaching economics lessons.  How is it that a month after the attacks we are told by the federal reserve that we are in a recession and have been for at least 6 months.  They did not know we were in a recession until after the attacks?  Either the federal reserve is run by morons or liars.  Pick one.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »

Our current government was instrumental in the collapse of Enron

So if I shred my company's payroll taxes this year, I can blame the gov't?  Awesome...

How is it that a month after the attacks we are told by the federal reserve that we are in a recession and have been for at least 6 months

I don't know about you, but I was aware of the recession before-hand.  In fact, I remember pondering how much worse the situation would get as a result of the attacks.  Recessions are natural economic occurences, and they generally follow long-standing, massive booms... aka, the information age.  I don't blame Bush or Clinton for it.  I blame the over-confidence we all had at the turn of the millenium as well as natural fluxuations in the market.  The recession was predicted in the late 90s when everyone was still getting rich.  Investors dumped tons of money into start-ups assuming they stumbled upon another IPO miracle.  Well, needless to say, they got it in the ass, pulled their money out and the inevitable finally occured... a recession.  Everyone should stop bitching, work hard, and bring our economy to it's feet.

[EDIT] So nemt sucks because he wanted to go to school prior to becoming a Marine?  Any officer right out of school always gets shit from the enlisted guys... it's like seniors putting freshman in lockers and trash cans.  However, saying they'll hate him more than the enemy (who is evidently trying to kill them) is ridiculous.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2004, 08:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Sep 12 2004, 12:52 AM)

[EDIT] So nemt sucks because he wanted to go to school prior to becoming a Marine?  Any officer right out of school always gets shit from the enlisted guys... it's like seniors putting freshman in lockers and trash cans.  However, saying they'll hate him more than the enemy (who is evidently trying to kill them) is ridiculous.

rotfl.gif

First off it isn't like seniors giving freshman shit.  Not when Non-judicial punishment is involved.  To understand the hatred understand that some arrogant prick has the ability to ensure that your life is a living hell just because they have sand in their clit. This holy war will still be going when Nemt finally finishes OCS.  Butter Bars go straight to combat if things are hot.  As arrogant as he is I give him 2 days in the field before his own men ensure that he walks in front of a 5-ton.  This war is shaping up to be like Vietnam.  What was the average life span of a first lieutenant in Vietnam?  Something like 2 hours.  Now why would that be?  How many times was a butter bar dumped from a huey at treetop level into the jungle because he was an arrogant prick?

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

Get your facts from the news, not low quality sam jackson films.

Anyone who makes the Viet Nam/Iraq comparison is a fool.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

Just because there have been much fewer casualties doesn't mean the bravery of our soldiers, or the importance of their mission, is any less than D-Day.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Sep 13 2004, 12:34 PM)
well i guess if theres a proportinal scale, then youd be considered a complete dumbass for comparing it to ww2...

I compared the war on terror to WW2 in terms of solders' bravery and the importance of the missions...not in casualties...in fact, that's pretty clear in my quote..

So yeah...you should read more closely and/or stop grasping for straws.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

whatever nemt... ive joined the many here that tire of your ingorant, over-priveledged opinions on politics as well as your namecalling, spellchecking and  backpeddling...

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »

Backpeddling?  I've stood by everything I've said here, it's not my fault if you're too "ingorant" to understand what I write.

You're a total moron, your opinions are based on lies, conjecture, and at times, pure nothingness.  You contribute nothing intelligent to this forum, or the human race.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4