xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: How Good A Follower Are You(Religion)?  (Read 376 times)

thomes08

• Archived User
How Good A Follower Are You(Religion)?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

just for the love of god (ohhh shit no pun intended) prove god please

thomes08

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »

You also have the many prophecies in the Bible that literally and exactly describe events that would happen centuries later.

Maybe Jesus came back to us in the form of Nostradamus wink.gif

manasol

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

For the people defending your faith I say keep at it.
As for the others questioning you they only tempt.

"sorry but you cant just say 'theres tons of evidence!' without actually providing any... wink.gif" - GCSkate

The evidence is there for your looking "Everyone has to find the scriptures for themselves"(from a great guy). Either for good or bad. Thats was not a smart comment he is not in this world to make you a believer and free you of your chains of habits, etc.
The stuff out there work for it to make a good opposition at least.

shadolnk

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2004, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (jesusphreak @ Jul 28 2004, 10:29 PM)

You obviously have failed to study Christianity in-depth at all. Period.

You've also failed to account for the empirical evidence of what caused the Big Bang. Period....

I'm sorry to be harsh or anything, but to come in here and mouth off a comment like that is pretty ignorant.

Christianity has a whole lot of evidence that is empirical. We have tons of a historical records and even more modern day miracles.

You also have the many prophecies in the Bible that literally and exactly describe events that would happen centuries later.

Christianity has plenty of evidence for it being the true religion, you just gotta look.

Genesis 1 only states that God created the Heavens and the Earth, not the entire universe or big bang.
Cosmologist agree that since time began at the big bang, and there was no time prior to the big bang, it does not have a cause. Quantum mechanics demonstrates that events don't need a prior cause, such as nuclear radiation or particle-antiparticle pairs appearing in the vacuum. (thanks, Shmanky!)

From TalkOrigins:
•  Some questions are harder to answer than others. But although we don't have a full understanding of the origin of the universe, we are not completely in the dark. We know, for example, that space comes from the expansion of the universe. The total energy of the universe may be zero. Cosmologists have hypotheses for the other questions that are consistent with observations [Hawking 2001]. For example, it is possible that there is more than one dimension of time, the other dimension being unbounded, so there is no overall origin of time. Another possibility is that the universe is in an eternal cycle without beginning or end. Each big bang might end in a big crunch to start a new cycle [Steinhardt and Turok 2002] or, at long intervals, our universe collides with a mirror universe, creating the universe anew [Seife 2002].

One should keep in mind that our experiences in everyday life are poor preparation for the extreme and bizarre conditions one encounters in cosmology. The stuff cosmologists deal with is very hard to understand. To reject it because of that, though, would be to retreat into the argument from incredulity.
•  Creationists can't explain origins at all. Saying "God did it" is not an explanation, because it doesn't rule out any possibility, or even any impossibility. In the explaining game, cosmologists are far out in front; creationists are still asleep at the starting line.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »

Genesis 1 only states that God created the Heavens and the Earth

No, the original hebrew word heaven means everything outside of our atmosphere !
So that IS the entire universe!

Creationists can't explain origins at all. Saying "God did it" is not an explanation, because it doesn't rule out any possibility, or even any impossibility. In the explaining game, cosmologists are far out in front; creationists are still asleep at the starting line.

hahaha, yeah right, so typical of evolutionists, using the straw man attack....
majority of them have not a clue as to what we beleive... you can't tell me what they beleive is better...a single celled organism cannot come from goo, it is more complex than a space shuttle.
you want to see Real creationism?  trueorigin.org
that's if you bother to read it ...

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2004, 06:11:00 AM »

sorry but you cant just say 'theres tons of evidence!' without actually providing any...

So what eveidence do you have the God doesn't exist?  biggrin.gif

shadolnk

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2004, 06:44:00 AM »

Shado, do you believe in chance? ...you never answered my first question.

I first wanted to clarify your definition of "luck".
I believe that chance / randomness plays a role in evolution. So yes, I guess you could say I belive in chance....
I'm pretty sure I know where you're going with this. -- You may want to consider this following links:
http://www.talkorigi...nce/chance.html
http://www.talkorigi...e-theistic.html

So what eveidence do you have the God doesn't exist?  biggrin.gif

"In any discussion where two or more people are seeking proof of the existence of something and in this case God's existence, both opponents should agree on the same thing. I think you and I would agree that the natural universe exists.

Since it is the theist's making the claim for the existence of God and the supernatural, it would be unfair for the theist to demand that the atheist disprove God's existence. Since I assume that we agree on nature, both opposing sides should start with the non-existence of God and then the believer should argue for the existence of God and not demand that I the atheist argue against it.

In other words the burden of the proof rests on the shoulders of the believer since you are the one claiming that God exists."
Source:
http://www.iidb.org/...ead.php?t=90020

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »

tongue.gif ).

Wow... I just had a revalation. Thinking that time doesn't really exsist either, just a state of mind and a tool used to keep schedule in our lives. Then i thought about conscious and how we use that to prove right or wrong. Which led me to believe that God isn't something that exsist, even in the afterlife, but rather a state of miind a person can have. I'm sure this theory is widespread, but I just now reliezed that's how I picture God.

So i guess what I'm saying is that there is no God, unless you believe there is one.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Jul 29 2004, 06:14 AM)
So what eveidence do you have the God doesn't exist?  biggrin.gif

im not saying i have any, but im not the one claiming theres proof...  wink.gif

*read this after i post my reply  beerchug.gif
the burden of the proof rests on the shoulders of the believer since you are the one claiming that God exists

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

laugh.gif
Good luck(chance wink.gif ) fighting a battle that been going on for thousands of years, I found my definition of God and I'm happy.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

id like to hear a creationists view on dog breeds... was every breed around at the time of "creation"?*

if not, and you concede that animals can be 'selected' and bred for specific purposes, to have more desirable, stornger traits by man, then why couldnt this happen naturally?

natural selection makes sense... evolution makes sense...

*i have had people say that this is true...

darkslider802

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

id like to hear a creationists view on dog breeds... was every breed around at the time of "creation"?*

if not, and you concede that animals can be 'selected' and bred for specific purposes, to have more desirable, stornger traits by man, then why couldnt this happen naturally?

natural selection makes sense... evolution makes sense...

*i have had people say that this is true...

yes i does ,but it doesnt make sense that people evovle form apes ,just because we have smililar charaistics, i can breath ,well a dog can breath i can run ,a dog can run ,that doesnt mean i evoled from a dog ,

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

smile.gif

darkslider802

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

that's "variation" you mean.
It's more likely that all the breeds and wolves came from 2 dogs on noah's ark 4400 years ago, than all dogs and everything moving came from a rock.

by the way I agree this topic should be closed. akumaPrime already started new topics for these discussions

no there is a possiblity and plsu whats the shit about a rock , a rock has nevered lived ,rock is nothing like living?so whats the deal with that

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »

smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6