xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: How Good A Follower Are You(Religion)?  (Read 375 times)

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
How Good A Follower Are You(Religion)?
« on: July 22, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »

yeah, um....none of those say follower of jesus /god.  infact 4 out of 5 are anti-god.
the other is "beleive in GOD" which even demons can answer yes to.
so in fact I won't answer because am a follower of Jesus.
As for bias, yes, there is definately one...
...but how can you expect to get a proper statistic, if you don't give "the other side" a chance to weigh in?
Don't forget, some believe in many gods as well smile.gif

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

...you have very bad grammer.  For the most part, I don't know what you are talking about...I'm sure no one else does either.  And usually I don't even notice.
I'll let it go, and see if my deciphering is any good.

Sorry let me clarify myself what is your state of virtue. LOL

great, you are redefining the poll question.  but you should have put quotes and a question mark ...but it's still understandable.

As for correcting you ,"Whomever has the son has the father."
Follower of Jesus in the literal sense is all you can be and that not possible anymore since it has long been since his mortal life. "All praise be to the Father in Heaven."

Of course I cannot follow Jesus in the literal sense, as he is in heaven.  That does not mean you need to correct me, I am following Jesus' teachings.  Most people are familiar with this metaphor, so I used it.  It broadens the spectrum of people who accepted Jesus Christ as saviour.  I didn't want to just say "Christians" because there are also Messianic Jews who accepted Jesus.
But I don't see the significance of those verses to your arguement.

Sorry sad.gif I don't remember the notes in the bible for those passages I just have alot of stuff in my head from constant study of it.

And yes this poll sucks real bad but if you can answer heck by all means.

I hope moderators can erase this since I don't know how to chage questions.

You gave it a good enough try !  There aren't many straight shooters to be honest in the political forums.  But please, please work on the grammer, and punctuation smile.gif

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

Where is the AnThRaX is god option?

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »

lemme put it this way: if there is a god... i'm going straight to hell ph34r.gif

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »

i personally think religion is just another form of propaganda. look at those muslim extremists that use religion as an excuse for terrorism, most if not all justified violence with religion at some point in their history.

cityson

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »

I believe God's the one who made all disasters, evil...Just everything that's bad. That's why I'm very mad at God. We believe good people will have good fortune but in the real world you've to be bad to get what you want.

manasol

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

I can't lie when I read your post I smiled at the end and gave out a chuckle.
Same way I felt.
But know that all good things are from GOD.
HE does not work in wickedness he gives goodness.
Whatever may have happened to you is a test. Can you see this yet who knows but only you.
I am a sinner no doubt. I try to stay clean which is impossible as one of the flesh but I stumble very much on my face.smile.gif
But trials like you say (bad things) only to the person who has interest in the temporal things or in the temporal things which are but a speck in the grand time.

Religion or not people know trials build your character.

Let me give you an example:
John the Baptist, a man who knew and was born of the Holy Spirit that Jesus was the Son of God sinned. As expected as a man. But here is the thing was he not beheaded?
Classified by some why did GOD let that bad(evil) thing happen?

Well John was in jail full well knowing Jesus is the Christ he sends men to Jesus saying That if he were the one or should they look for another.
Jesus then tells them to tell John "again" what you see the lame walk the blind see.

Excuse me for the long reply I am no saint and if you want to reprove this fine I am a man of sin and nothing.
I hope life treats you well bud and grace to ya. smile.gif
SRy if any errors I don't want to reread it lol.

manasol

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

I hope a moderator can close this thread soon.

Dark_Link2135

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 08:04:00 PM »

closest one is "believe in god" so thats what i chose.  but i am a practicing christian, in actions and faith, but im not real happy with my spiritual life right now...kind of slack you might say.  i need to shape up. sad.gif

and just because you said not to:
flamethrower.gif

manasol

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

THanks DarkLink
I hope your faith strengthens.

My personal problem is the word. I see that to "shape up" I must keep a diligence in reading the scriptures. Proverbs 1 around there it says "in his law I meditate day and night," now I am not that obedient unfortunately but in keeping to reading daily it hlps a bunch. Trust me no trust the word about the mustard seed you must nourish it with good
so the it may flourish. Remember NOURISH it. smile.gif

May God bless you through Jesus.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

if God exists he is a cunt.
Think about all the war, famine and horiffic trajedies that happen every day.

If you steal you get free stuff.
If you mug someone you get free stuff.
Rape
murder
I can go on...

Even in business, to be succesfull you have to kiss ass and back stab. To be promoted you have to trample over everyone else whilst elbowing someone out of the way.
The corporation has to exploit people in sweat shops. In your country 10% of the population controls 90% of the wealth. The world is a fucked up place. And if god exists we have him to thank for that. So thanks a lot and fuck you!

flames please

manasol

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

laugh.gif

darkslider802

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

sad.gif

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

dry.gif ).

@Cityson - God moves in mysterious ways... if there were no disasters, famines, and wars. Our world would be overpopulated and our technology would be far behind its time. Our greatest achievements have been during war.

I, myself, am a believer in God, but do not worship as much as I wish too. I blame this on my inability to fight off "the other spirit". I do goto church and confess my sins. I pray for forgivness often, and play with the cards I'm dealt with no remorse.

Sorry for the long thread... got a bit carried away  rolleyes.gif .

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

ummm.... i'm more scientific than gullable.  Gods made sense waaay back in the day when humans didn't understand things such as rain, fire, lightning, sun, moon, waves, the meaning of life, all that good stuff.  Then people began to think about stuff and most of those questions becam answered over the next few thousand years.  Now we still don't know things like the meaning of life (my opinion: survive) and stuff like that so humans lumped in all into one god, not 50.  The jews are right, christians are right, muslims are right.... see what i'm getting at here?  SOOO many religious things were PROVEN wrong through science, but the things we don't understand people explain by a "god", but there are many different versions that claim to be right.  I wish people would just start thinking for themselves.

BTW i love how "god" is a he, makes sense doesn't it?  Didn't think so

thomes08
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6