xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: How Good A Follower Are You(Religion)?  (Read 354 times)

jesusphreak

• Archived User
How Good A Follower Are You(Religion)?
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »

For one I never said it was the only way. Its the most commen way we do our preaching work but we also have many other forms of preaching.

Well, you, Krusty, and rms, all implied that JWs are the only ones doing it right because they are going door to door.

You turned it into and argument.

I did? I recall the your first post saying:

"Four kinds of Christians! Does that not show you anything? Even the "Christians" are divided!

I am a Christian in that I believe in Christ Jesus, but as Gods son AS IT SAYS IN THE BIBLE!"

You obviously are trying to get someone's attention using those caps...

If I've made it an arguement, you've continued it, and if you really didn't care, you could always stop. Don't call wrong on me if you yourself are involved in it.

Thats another way we preach to those willing to learn, we have weekly puplic talks open to anyone.

We never said going from door to door is the only way to be "saved" as you would put it.

Well that's awesome, but again, you, Krusty, and rms all implied that the correct form of evangelizing was door to door, and because other Christians denominations aren't doing that, they aren't fulfilling Christ's commands. I said nothing about being saved as YOU have put it.

Also are you the only one that can post quotes? You even have some one come help you to rebuke people as you said in an earlier post. You are you to rebuke people?

I'm not posting full page quotes directly from a website. You are. There are posts of yours and rms that are nothing but quotes from Watchtower material. Please use your own words, and not the words of someone who wants to control you.

I said that I had someone come here to help me rebuke someone????

Do I not have the right to tell a man that they are wrong in their ways or that they are believing in things that are totally false? Has it come to the point where tolerance means keeping your mouth shut if it means offending someone even though they are wrong?

I don't think I'm rebuking people. I'm just shedding light on the truth.

Again, BigMitch, Krusty, rms, would any one of you like to explain the many false prophecies of the return of Christ, the lack of scholarship involved in translating the NWT, the continued recurrence of the Angel of the Lord in the Bible, or the fact that God has not performed the greatest act of love in your theology?

Why is it again that you guys are telling other people they are wrong and doing nothing put posting from the Watchtower? BigMitch, going back, I see that AkumaPrime corrected you on the fact that Jehovah is a corruption of YHWH. You outright denied it, but provided no evidence that your point of view was true. I also later mentioned this same occurance, but you denied it again, and said your side was true - without source.

Again, when discussing the translations, I was told simply that modern Christian translation got it wrong, despite the fact that I provided evidence of the scholarship of these translations and the lack of it for the NWT.

Would you like to continue telling me I'm wrong with no evidence at all?

This is what I'm talking about. You have no evidence of your own, but because the Watchtower says so, you believe it. Please use your own brain, your own heart, God gave it to you for a reason.

Surely God isn't going to be upset with you if you question him???
Is he really that weak that Satan will take you over and make you apostate if you simply ask God, what if????

I'm not asking you to convert to Satanism or anything. I just want you to observe what I've set down. Observe what others have set down. Ask questions about the Watchtower. It can't do any harm. If it really is an organization after the truth, surely they won't mind you asking questions and attempting to discover it.

Remember, YHWH said, "You will seek after me and find me when you seek after me with your whole heart".

Try and find God....whoever he may be - if he's a man on the moon for goodness sake. If the God of the universe who made everything is real, surely he doesn't mind you asking questions about him and honestly trying to find him - and not something that some religious organization has put down over the years.....

God bless you man, and may you seek after him...

In the love of Christ, jesusphreak...

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

I spent four awesome days at Lake Powell and I come back to you this shit is still going on? I don’t know who translated the NWT, but who really gives a flying fuck who did? I don’t know who did, and I really don’t care, but it is the most correct and up to date translation there is, and if you cant accept that TO FUCKING BAD. Dose it really matter? You just need to get your head out of your ass and look around. Your basing all your crap off one verse, so when you have some thing better, bring it to light, and if I want to waist more time, I mite consider looking at it.

You seem to have more time on your hands, why don’t you go out and talk you people who are willing to listen to you crap. I have better things to do with my time than to sit here and fight with you over stuff I proved you wrong on last week.

Mean while, I have business to take care of in NYC so I will be back in a three weeks, and I hope you open your eyes between now and than. Your so narrow minding it isn’t funny. As of now, I’m done with this thread post.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »

assuming you came back to check on the discussions, should itbe any surprise that it still continues?  That is how debates work.  If you had come back and this argument had ended, I and everyone else wouldn't be able to turn green with envy because you have a real life.  Of course, we're just mole-people who live in their parents basements, how could we understand anything about that.  After all, you JWs can be profane too ... wow, I'm sure everyone would just love to continue arguing with you.  It wasn't sufficient to just say "I don't know who translated it"...instead we all get to see your true colours.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2004, 01:00:00 AM »

Mean while, I have business to take care of in NYC so I will be back in a three weeks, and I hope you open your eyes between now and than. Your so narrow minding it isn’t funny. As of now, I’m done with this thread post.

3 weeks of no arguing?  What?  You are the only opinionated person here! [sarcasm]
But yeah, you're right, 3 weeks of silent treatment will make us change our minds.  I mean, it's not like you could just go to an internet cafe, to check your e-mails and see how the discussion is going.  You wouldn't have to be gone for 3 weeks, it'd be like you were still here, calling us tards and cursing us non-beleivers out.  I suppose you will testify to every person you meet in NYC huh?  after all , you said it yourself you are the only relgious group which preaches the gospel to all living things dry.gif
seriously rms, I pray your trip will be more of an eye-opener for you, ...rather than for everyone else who does not feel the way you do.
I would be the first to welcome you back, if you do decide to.  Gdod luck on the trip

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »

Chips, jesusfreak, every one else I have to apologize. I shouldn’t have gone off like that. This has probably been the most stressful week in my entire life. Had court to attend to in New Mexico for some thing I witnesses all most a year ago and dealing with a DA who has no idea what he was doing. Costs me time off work having to drive 400miles across state lines, the side door panel on my Jeep and who knows what else.

I have to make a trip to Oregon to take care of family biz, fly to Atlanta for other family biz, and in the balance of all of this a 23million dollar business decision that will affect mine and other people’s life for ever. I’m 19 years old, I bit off more than I can chew here and I just flipped.

Went to Lake Powell to get away and comprehend all of this and not have to worry about a single thing, other than hitting a rock with the boat. If you get the chance to go there, do it, but go after they fill the lake back up. Any way, hopefully you will accent my request for forgiveness and we can go back to the usual business.

Have a good evening / afternoon / morning or what ever it is where you are. I don’t think I will jump back in here and if I do I don't think it will be very much.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

You know, this topic has been informing, revealing, and always eventful biggrin.gif
In the end, I come to realize the differences that stand between us all, yet more importantly, the things which we have in common--spiritual needs and convictions.  I would like to thank all those who did post.  Your openness and beleifs have given you a face to the name.
I can't think of anything else to say!
Final thoughts, anyone?
beerchug.gif

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

yeah i think we should all just shutup for a couple weeks, school is starting for a lot of people so who needs arguing?

thomes08

BigMitch

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2004, 10:53:00 PM »

It's alright man. I understand sometimes life just really pisses you off...

Good luck with this, and God bless.

Just honestly seek God, and he will bless you for that. I'm just asking you not to restrain your thought to a single translation or a single organization. They've got things different than everyone else. THere's a reason for that, and it doesn't hurt to ask questions. Surely if they are after the truth, they won't mind you seeking whatever it is? Thanks for your debate, thanks for your thoughts, and thanks for bearing with you. I really hope you get everything solved. I'll be praying for you.

May God bless you and lead you...

With Christ's love, jesusphreak....

I agree with you!  blink.gif  But remember that includes you tongue.gif

I have one more thought for you. Ok? not an argument.

Its true the people that translated the NWT were a small group of men that had only and elementry knowlage of the languges. But its is true that God has protected his word down through the years. many had tried to distroy it. SO do you think that God being all powerful could send his Holy Spirit on those men and have them translate His word into an understandable wording for todays languges? No doubt at that english and many other languges have "evovolved" (or dumbed up) down to our day. So unless translators ( in general) went back to the oldest manuscripts than they could be translation from a... trying to think of a word... (corupted?) translation. Now the people that translated the NWT did go back to the oldest manuscripts avalible. And since its orginal translating scolars have check its authentisity and agree mostly that it is the most literal translationg avalible now. And if you are truly INTERESTED and don't want to start an agument. (respectfully) I can post quotes from some bible scholers.

And on that note Good night and ^ same back to you guys
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]