xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Celebrities And Influence  (Read 96 times)

sh4d0w_sh4d3

• Archived User
Celebrities And Influence
« on: July 19, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »

umm.............. ya..................... what was the question?

xbox beat box

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

anyone so stupid as to be swayed but what their fav celebrity thinks is probably also too lazy to actually go out and vote... so i doubt there is much influence...

beaumac

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbox beat box @ Jul 21 2004, 02:58 PM)
You really think so?

You make a good point.

I also think that there are so many young voters out there who really dont care much about politics and have decided not to vote...until Britney Spears bashes Bush and says to vote Kerry. Then you have a young voter, voting Kerry, because their favorite Idol says so.

This is a hypothetical situation, yet I think that these "celebrities" use the influence they have to convince the fans to vote not on what should be a personal decision, but what they (celebrities) think is the right way to vote.

Just a thought...I just cant stand these celebs using influence.

So according to you Arnold has no business being in office?   Politics is all about celebrity.    Last time I checked the parties spend hundreds of millions of dollars on TV and radio commercials and the first amendment still existed, so I dont see what problem you could have with celebrities promoting their ideals.  Its still a personal decision since ultimately you are the one "pulling the lever".

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbox beat box @ Jul 21 2004, 12:58 PM)
until Britney Spears bashes Bush and says to vote Kerry

if youve seen fahrenheit 911, regardless of what you think of it, im not bringing it up for another moore debate, this quote is somewhat funny...  wink.gif

but why do people even have political arguments? to have others "see the light"... any talk of anything political is meant to sway the other person... celebrities use their position to try and get things running the way they think they want them run...

im not saying its effective, because i dont believe it is, but they are just using thier position as anyone would...

xbox beat box

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »

And yet another Celeb joins the ranks...

http://news.yahoo.co...itt_1&printer=1