xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kerry Announces Running Mate  (Read 100 times)

nemt

• Archived User
Kerry Announces Running Mate
« on: July 06, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

Yeah, he might be our next VP, and Bill Clinton might tell the truth about something.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (HeLiuM @ Jul 7 2004, 01:45 AM)
I think it will help him overall (and hopefully keep some democrats from voting third party).

You'd think that, but you'd be wrong.  The south is a dead end for Kerry, his only chance was to get someone who could rally the midwest, and he blew it.

mirx999

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

I'm not so sure if this is too good an idea.  The people who voted for Edwards in the primaries wanted Edwards as PRESIDENT, not VP.  John Kerry's mudslinging tactics when Edwards was still in the race might still deter Edwards fans from voting for him.  I was there when Edwards announced he was pulling out of the race, and he made it quite apparent that he won't settle for anything short of the big Oval Office seat.  Then again, they may have put this behind them.  As for me, until Kerry develops a platform on some key issues (Iraq war, gov't intervention in businesses, etc.),  I"ll be supporting Bush this November.

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

As for me, until Kerry develops a platform on some key issues I"ll be supporting Bush this November.

*Sigh*

Agriculture
AIDS
Americans with Disabilities
Children
Civil Rights
College Affordability
Crime
Economy & Jobs
Education
Energy & Environment
Foreign Policy
Health Care
Homeland Security
Housing
Immigration
Iraq
LGBT
National Service
Native Americans
Nurses
Protecting America's Workers
Seniors
Small Businesses
Technology
Trade
Veterans
Women's Issues

mirx999

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

yeah i saw that in the other thread.  his stance on iraq has been wishy-washy in the past, and he still hasn't really made the issue an important talking point in his agenda.  Until that happens, i'm still on the right side of the political fence.

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Jul 7 2004, 05:18 AM)
Yeah, he might be our next VP, and Bill Clinton might tell the truth about something.

like what?  The reasons we're in iraq?  All those weapons?

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

The problem I see for the Democrats on this ticket is that Kerry really talked some good smack about Edwards during the primaries.  He showed how Edwards voted against all the trade agreements, while he voted for them.  Made fun of Edwards being in diapers while he was off fighting in Vietnam, etc.  How is he going to build him up after tearing him down in such a public forum like that?  I don't know a lot about Edwards but I am now doing my research and from all I can find, it kind of looks like this is his last chance politically.  Everything I read about him says that in his home state, he probably wouldn't even be re-elected to the Senate.  Don't flame me for saying that. Help me understand why he is a good choice.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

I think that too many people want Kerry for the wrong reasons.  If you think that Kerry is going to wave a magic wand and we will be out of IRAQ then you are mistaken.  If you think that Kerry is going to pump magic money into the economy then you are wrong.  His campaign logo should simply be "Not Bush".  Edwards is actually more promising than Kerry.  This whole thing kinda has a "West Wing"  (The TV show)  swing too it.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Jul 7 2004, 04:53 PM)
I think that too many people want Kerry for the wrong reasons.  If you think that Kerry is going to wave a magic wand and we will be out of IRAQ then you are mistaken.  If you think that Kerry is going to pump magic money into the economy then you are wrong.  His campaign logo should simply be "Not Bush".  Edwards is actually more promising than Kerry.  This whole thing kinda has a "West Wing"  (The TV show)  swing too it.

yes, there is a magic wand

its called, realize the US fucked up and cant fix iraq and leave

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (thomes08 @ Jul 7 2004, 06:44 PM)
like what?  The reasons we're in iraq?  All those weapons?

Bill Clinton made removing Saddam from power part of US agenda in 1998.  He also believed firmly Saddam had WMDs.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Jul 7 2004, 07:36 PM)
Bill Clinton made removing Saddam from power part of US agenda in 1998.  He also believed firmly Saddam had WMDs.

well thats great what he thought, but we didnt see him being a dipshit and acting on it did we?

what has bush accomplished remotely good and direct for the US?

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

We have to see an Edwards Chaney debate.  We could play a drinking game to how many times Chaney uses the F word.  It would probably end up Vince McMahon style.  Ten bucks says the next time Chaney loses it on TV he will be using racial slurs with the f word.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Jul 7 2004, 09:01 PM)
We have to see an Edwards Chaney debate.  We could play a drinking game to how many times Chaney uses the F word.  It would probably end up Vince McMahon style.  Ten bucks says the next time Chaney loses it on TV he will be using racial slurs with the f word.

hahaha, thatd be cool, but i dont think cheney could ever lose it

the minute hes about to freak out, his heart would stop, for good this time