xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Famous Bush Mis-speaks  (Read 352 times)

mirx999

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ Jun 11 2004, 09:58 PM)
congratulations

I think it actually said "Mission Accomplished"

melon

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »

ZING!

im not being funny but what does this mean?

moistness

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (melon @ Jun 16 2004, 07:33 PM)
It should of said "Mission Impossible" instead.

im not being funny but what does this mean?

I think its the noise when you get an answer correct on a gameshow! unsure.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »

no, its another way of saying "burn"

as in, when someone makes a remark to a remark, or makes fun of someone so badly they cant really respond to it

and whatever the banner said, it was fucking wrong

nemt

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

The "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Abraham Lincoln had been placed there by the crew of the ship, indicating their mission had been completed, which it had.  Additionally, the main objectives of the invasion had also been accomplished, with unprecedented ease.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »

nah, i was just bringing up the point, that clinton wasnt the only one "using his duties" or acts as photo ops

but then again, flying in a nation guard uniform, in a military plan (not commissioned as a "air force 1" plane or marine 1 helicopter) in front of a huge banner claiming success isnt a photo op

nemt

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (Colonel32 @ Jun 16 2004, 11:04 PM)
Apparently you missed the part were the administration took back that statement and admitted it was their advance team.

The administration never took back anything, and if they had, it wouldn't really have meant anything since the crew of the ship placed the sign, not members of the Bush administration.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »

and wheres the proof of that claim................?

or are you going to ignore me asking that, cuase you dont have it??

maybe i can trust the bush administration when they say something though, i mean, they did say there were WMD's in iraq, and there never wrong....................

nemt

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

No one contest it was a photo op.  It's not like the plane landed after a lengthy bombing run.

Politicians make speeches, politicians meet with soldiers and other groups.  Politicians get their photos taken.  I don't see where the controversy is?

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

Bush takes all of his duties seriously, Clinton just used them for photo ops.

so, i couldnt help to point out that whole banner/mission accomplished/aircraft sceem

not saying anything bad of it, just showing, that whole speech and all that fancy crap was pretty much one whole big photo op, as bush needs to play this war right, or else the people will get pissed (already happening, his approval is at what now?)

melon

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2004, 04:33:00 AM »

There's an important difference. Bush takes all of his duties seriously, Clinton just used them for photo ops.

Nemt on the  June after bieng well and trully ripped by Colonel32
No one contest it was a photo op. It's not like the plane landed after a lengthy bombing run.

Politicians make speeches, politicians meet with soldiers and other groups. Politicians get their photos taken. I don't see where the controversy is?

Your contradicting yourself a bit.

nemt

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

You're missing the point.  Clinton went to the Korean DMZ to get his photo taken and try to get people to forget about how he fled to England to avoid Viet Nam duty.  Bush went to the DMZ to actually support the troops, and raise morale, just as he did on the USS Abraham Lincoln, it was never just a photo op, and it never is with a president with integrity.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

haha, bush, integrity, WTF

bush is a babling moron, that if he didnt have any staffers in the whitehouse (or a wife) he probably couldnt dress himself

yes, he probably did visit the Abraham Lincoln, but it was also set up for a nice, big photo opportunity, espacially with that false banner.

and if vietnam is a factor in how a president looks to people (personally, i dont care that clinton dodged, as what the fuck was that war about, seriously, u can just send off troops to go die for nothing (domino theory my ass, 95% of all of vietnam didnt want us there)) then kerry is a better person then bush, as he actually fought in vietnam, unlike bush who joined a national gaurd unti that wouldnt even see combat

anyways, if anything, clinton was a better political speaker and figure then bush, at least he talked in coherent sentences

melon

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2004, 12:38:00 AM »

Some of the most important American political figures were against the Vietnam war.
What about the great Mohammed Ali, he refused service and was a great man for doing so (he would probably be classed as a terrorist nowdays as he is Islamic and even better black). So what if Clinton skipped service in Vietnam. Bush was just as bad, if not worse.

He got Daddy to get him a cushy role and then never even turned up.
Ive said this before but if Bush grew up thinking that it is acceptable to abuse his power for personal gain (good teaching Bush snr), what abuses of power will he commit once he becomes the most powerfull man in the world?

We have seen he looks after his friends firstly and then fucks over people like yourself Nemt (and everyone else who isnt a millionare). Can you honestly say your country is in a better financial state now than under Clinton (I dont paticurlaly like him either), but what about health care and public services? If Bush gets back in power will people like yourself benefit? What about people poorer than you?

I dont mean to keep having a go at you and i apolagise for being overly personal in the past, but I vote Labour and it is my rite to speak out if I feel Tony Blair is doing something I dont agree with.

Its just it seems you constantly (and many others on this forum), back dubya no matter what. You cant agree with every policy but you never critisice him. Even if you do then its quickly followed by, okay he done that, but look what other countries/people have done worse.
I just dont understand this unwillingness to critisice, which is one of the basic principles of any Democracy. Are you very rich and benefit from his policies?

nemt

• Archived User
Famous Bush Mis-speaks
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2004, 03:13:00 AM »

The Air National Guard is an important service, Bush flew an F102, and fully completed his duties.  Additionally, Bush never would have been drafted into the armed services anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4