xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do You Think There Was A Bad President Is The US  (Read 197 times)

nemt

• Archived User
Do You Think There Was A Bad President Is The US
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

You seem to be basing your political knowledge on mail scams...

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »

Clinton was a felon before he was even elected. He's a draft dodging murderer, not to mention the lying under oath and conspiracy. Clinton let Bin Laden escape capture in Sudan and Saudi Arabia, and did nothing to respond to his repeated attacks on US interests. His missile strikes in Sudan blew up an animal vaccine factory, and the strikes in Afghanistan let Bin Laden escape via ISI interference - because Clinton felt a need to inform Pakistan of the impending missile strike. Clinton showed the arab world they risked nothing but a few empty tents and office buildings if they attack the US. Clinton is the sole cause of Sepetember 11th, and is even more guilty than Bin Laden himself.

Nemt, reply is here to stay on topic

most of your facts come from right wing sources and I certainly wouldn't trust the fans of PNAC to feed my information about this topic.

GamerBR

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Jun 8 2004, 09:19 PM)
You seem to be basing your political knowledge on mail scams...

wrong,i read this in a magazine(the most respected magazine of news in Brazil if it makes difference)

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (GamerBR @ Jun 8 2004, 06:37 PM)
wrong,i read this in a magazine(the most respected magazine of news in Brazil if it makes difference)

..and the most respected magazine in brazil didn't mention this leader's name?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (GamerBR @ Jun 8 2004, 07:37 PM)
of course it did,but i simple don't remember him name dry.gif i read this notice around 1 year ago

:::sigh::: no, it's a MAIL SCAM. Very old. It's called, IIRC, the "419" scam. It has many variations, and has been around for decades.

Google "419 scam"

Snopes puts your "story" to rest

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (self @ Jun 9 2004, 06:39 AM)
We all know about the Nigerian mail scams, but what GamerBR talks about actually happened. I've heard about it too, and a little bit of googling found this article (see last to paragraphs).

Maybe he'll cut you in on the 400 mil if you send him the money transfer free.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 03:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (self @ Jun 9 2004, 05:39 AM)
We all know about the Nigerian mail scams, but what GamerBR talks about actually happened. I've heard about it too, and a little bit of googling found this article (see last to paragraphs).

Quoting the article that your pointed to...
Opinions of Abacha and his military regime vary across Africa and the international community. He is credited with leading the African military intervention in the civil war in Sierra Leone that resulted in the restoration of civilian rule in that country in March 1998. His supporters see him as a strong leader and centrifugal force that sustained ethnically diverse Nigeria as a cohesive state and regional power. His opponents maintain that he was a cruel despot that embezzled almost three billion dollars of public funds into private bank accounts in Europe and the Persian Gulf.

In 1999, the Nigerian Federal Government began efforts to recover the stolen funds. Mohammad Abacha, the late president's eldest son was arrested on related charges of fraud, money laundering and embezzlement and for the murder of Cheif Abiola's wife, Alhaja Kudirat. Later, a deal was struck between the Nigerian government and the Abacha family in which all criminal proceedings against Mohammad were dropped in return for eighty percent of the family's liquid assets. It has been reported that the Abacha family has been allowed to retain $100 million of the looted money as part of a protracted settlement.

QUOTE (GamerBR)
in africa?there was a president in Nigeria,that stolen around U$400 millions,he died and nobody knew where was the money,what they did?there was a son of this president that was in the jail for murder,he said if he could quit the jail and stay with a part of the money(i think he asked for U$100 millions) he would give back the rest of the money,the government accepted,he quit the jail and stayed with all the money  (i don't know if after him went to the jail after but i think not)

The story's have 2 very different endings... but seem to be the same story anyway...  blink.gif

self

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 04:57:00 AM »

...uhm, the endings look exactly the same to me? Where's the difference?

GamerBR

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (BloodyMary @ Jun 9 2004, 12:40 PM)
Quoting the article that your pointed to...

QUOTE (GamerBR)
in africa?there was a president in Nigeria,that stolen around U$400 millions,he died and nobody knew where was the money,what they did?there was a son of this president that was in the jail for murder,he said if he could quit the jail and stay with a part of the money(i think he asked for U$100 millions) he would give back the rest of the money,the government accepted,he quit the jail and stayed with all the money  (i don't know if after him went to the jail after but i think not)

The story's have 2 very different endings... but seem to be the same story anyway...  blink.gif

where's is the difference of the endings?it's the same,he was allowed to stay with 100 millions,but he stayed with all the money,probabaly the article i read is newer than this one,because this article says what the govenment and the family combinned,but the family didn't do them part of the agreement
Pages: 1 [2]