xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Opinions On Abortion  (Read 163 times)

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Opinions On Abortion
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

If the fetus is only alive because your body allows it to be, then you have the total right to terminate it. Women are not just carriers of babies, they have the right to their body, and anything surviving off of it.

ViNCe_V

• Archived User
Opinions On Abortion
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (Maximumbeing @ May 30 2004, 10:24 PM)
If the fetus is only alive because your body allows it to be, then you have the total right to terminate it. Women are not just carriers of babies, they have the right to their body, and anything surviving off of it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel the same way.

melon

• Archived User
Opinions On Abortion
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »

This has gone stale now. we are now arguing in circles.

hsdemonz i wish you and your wife the very best of luck.
My mother was in a simliar situation with me ive been told how hard it was.
I hope it works out for the three of you.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Opinions On Abortion
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2004, 04:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ May 27 2004, 02:47 PM)
Wow, did this get off topic.

Anyway, I agree with most of what nemt is saying, I think if the woman is in good health and was NOT raped in any way, abortion should not be an option.  If a woman is sexually active and NOT ready to have a child there is no reason she can't be on the pill.

Amen, totally agree

mike96sc2

• Archived User
Opinions On Abortion
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »

I think there's better options, but I don't think it's my right to push my opinions on others. So call it murder or whatever you want, it's different in each person's eyes.

If I was ever in the position to make the choice I sure wouldn't want to abort my unborn child, but I'm not about to go tell anyone else they can't do it because I don't like it or I chose another option.

muerte

• Archived User
Opinions On Abortion
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ May 28 2004, 05:27 AM)
Retarded posts aside.. this is an interesting topic.

In my own case.. my wife has had an incredibly difficult pregnancy due to some extreme and rare issues.  Early on.. it was dtermined that the baby and mother would both be at risk for the full duration of the pregnancy.. with the odds being the baby would die along the way.. or put my wife in a coma.

An early option was to abort.

Our first instinct.. and in some ways.. 7 months in.. is to do whatever I can to keep my wife.

However.. we are working feverously with the best medical minds to keep both the mother and baby alive and kicking.

Now.. we made what was considered an ill advised decision to continue on with the pregnancy.. knowing full well the odds were one or the other might die (one still might)

If I met a couple who was in the exact same situation.. and they opted for the abort option.. I honestly could not blame them.. especially with the stress and problems that have arisen from this unique situation.

Abortion.. is some way or manner.. needs to remain legal.. if for no other reason then we don't want people going back to the past.. where at time back Alley butchers performed the procedure.. sometimes killing both the mother and unborn child.

A proper abortion.. leaves a woman in a position to later consider having a child and planning for it.

A back alley abortion.. can leave the woman dead.

Women for centuries have been "aborting" babies via various "natural" means.  I'd rather have them legally enter a medical facilty to get one if they so desire.

BTW.. I didn't vote.. cause options I'd be willing to vote for.. were not placed in the poll.

I'll pray for your wife and baby.  Best of luck.  I must say that you and your wife's decision is very inspiring, and shows me that there are still people in this world who do not act selfishly.

melon

• Archived User
Opinions On Abortion
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »

I'll pray for your wife and baby. Best of luck. I must say that you and your wife's decision is very inspiring, and shows me that there are still people in this world who do not act selfishly.

Out of respect for an ongoing situation we should not use hsdemonz quotes as an argument either way.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]