xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Iraq What Percentages Are Against Or Are For?  (Read 115 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Iraq What Percentages Are Against Or Are For?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

jester.gif ), so why cant we let the iraqi people do the same thing (pull out, and let them fend for themselves)?

o, because then everything would collapse, and a terrorist regime would be in power?
o, but wait, if the people want a free government so bad, dont you think they would revolt and make thier own government if another regime started finding its way into power, seeing a how thier know military to stop them this time???

jbp20717

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 01:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ May 28 2004, 01:47 AM)
so why cant we let the iraqi people do the same thing (pull out, and let them fend for themselves)?

I agree - I belive a war in Iraq to overthrow Saddam Hussein is justifiable, but shouldn't we leave the Iraqis to make their own decisions once we've done so - hell even let them allow Saddam back into power if they want (they know what live was like with Saddam and should be able to vote accordingly) - I'm not naive, of course there would be problems from Ba'athists trying to force people to vote in their favour, but the situation at the moment isn't much better anyway, often the longer a foreign power stays in a country the worse the problems become (e.g. Algeria, Mozambique, Cambodia, Zimbabwe...).

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

because the US cant hurt its reputation, its ignorant and wants the world to feel bad for them and appreciate there "act of helping a country"
which will never happen

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

yup, thats what he really said
Pages: 1 [2]