xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Americans Kill 40 At Wedding In Iraq  (Read 995 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Americans Kill 40 At Wedding In Iraq
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

dry.gif

HydroBob

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »

but hey, we killed civilians in vietnam, so lets do it again

I hope you were being sarcastic  sad.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (HydroBob @ May 20 2004, 06:41 PM)
Keep in mind, what if the next family was yours. I can't stand seeing children shot.

Then don't fire your rifle into the air when helicopters are patrolling the area.

HydroBob

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2004, 03:01:00 PM »

Honestly, I think the soldiers would have enough sense to know that it's not enemy fire, really.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

dry.gif  smiley face under it, sorry for any confusion

and nemt, your an idiot, why should the coountries civilians change there lives and ways of living thier culture for an occupying force? why cant the use look out for civilians doign what they also do for tradition?? uhh.gif

HydroBob

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »

No prob Raptor.

Are the Iraqis ignorant for firing a weapon as a tradition, or were the helicopter pilots ignorant for not recognizing the shots were aimed nowhere near them, and not recognizing the celebration?

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2004, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (HydroBob @ May 20 2004, 07:11 PM)
Are the Iraqis ignorant for firing a weapon as a tradition, or were the helicopter pilots ignorant for not recognizing the shots were aimed nowhere near them, and not recognizing the celebration?

They're ignorant for firing their weapons as part of their tradition, yes.  It's been said before, when you're being occupied by a force used to being shot at from civilian areas, and religious areas, it shows a profound lack of common sense on the Iraqis' part, if they are in fact, civilians - which has still yet to have been established.

Cyphix

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »

If i were flying a helecopter in a country i was targeted in, and i relize people are shooting at me, i will fire back. I don't care what the case is, and you guys will too, dont deny it.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »

Cyphix, i will deny it, becuase i would have more common sense
if your in a helicopter and have huge firepower at your finger tips, you should know the difference between gun fire and missile fire

wait wait, i remember in somalia it was just citizens shooting us and firing from buildings, but they only shot if shot directly upon, because i guess back then the army had common sense

and nemt, you should just stop talking, as your being an ignorant bastard now
"well since we took there country, they cant practice thier traditions or else we'll ass rape em"

HydroBob

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

I know exactly how weddings are in Iraq, my relitives in Iran (close enough) have sent back videos of my aunts wedding, and their often in very well lit areas, everyone is dressed up and theres music, HOW is this persieved as enemy fire, I'd like to know.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (HydroBob @ May 20 2004, 07:29 PM)
I know exactly how weddings are in Iraq, my relitives in Iran (close enough) have sent back videos of my aunts wedding, and their often in very well lit areas, everyone is dressed up and theres music, HOW is this persieved as enemy fire, I'd like to know.

Well lets look at the possibilities:

1: The soldiers are true evil with no value on human life, and fired on obvious civilians expected no one to find out, during a time when American military personell are being court marshalled for nonviolent "offenses."

2: The soldiers observed suspicious activity in a suspected enemy safehouse, and responded well within the rules of engagement.

Which seems more logical to you?

HydroBob

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

None of the above.

3. Pure ignorance.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (HydroBob @ May 20 2004, 07:39 PM)
None of the above.

3. Pure ignorance.

I don't think it's news to anyone, anywhere, arabs customarily fire weapons at celebrations, what makes you think highly trained soldiers wouldn't realize this?

You're too quick to condemn, and you're biased.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (HeLiuM @ May 20 2004, 07:47 PM)
he's quick to condemn?  Tell that to the 40 wedding attenders that you feel may or may not have been resistance forces.  Oh, they're dead.  Maybe those soldiers should've investigated a bit more, not been so quick to condemn.

Love your 2 options by the way, the soldiers are evil or they are perfect.  Perfect Bush mentality (you're with us or the terrorists).  And you call anyone biased?  Now that is what I call close minded.

Prove they were all wedding attenders.  Prove they weren't in a militant safehouse.  Then when you're done with that, you're still left with extremely poor judgement and a total lack of common sense on the Iraqi part.

HeLiuM

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ May 21 2004, 12:51 AM)
Prove they were all wedding attenders.  Prove they weren't in a militant safehouse.  Then when you're done with that, you're still left with extremely poor judgement and a total lack of common sense on the Iraqi part.

I don't have the burden of proof, those american forces did, and they failed to provide it.  I don't know you're really not a terrorist, should I shoot you if i see you shoot at what could very well be a deer in a hunting zone? (A place where it is very normal to see someone shoot a rifle, much like it's very normal to see guns fired into the air to celebrate in Iraq).  You didn't deny your shoot first ask questions later mentality, so are we to assume that is indeed your belief?  You can't blame them for something that has been for long a part of their tradition.
You even say that you're sure those soldiers knew about the tradition.  That's even worse, that they knew it could've been a celebration yet opened fire without adequate investigation anyway (You're so sure they were in the right, well then why isn't the rest of the military? Do you know something they don't?)

So prove you aren't a terrorist, prove you don't make bombs in your basement.  Of course, do all this after you've been mowed down by a helicopter.  Lot of good it will do you now.

They had a lack of common sense?  A group of iraqis, some firing automatic weapons into the air.  Iraqis often celebrate by firing automatic weapons in the air.  They must be terrorists.  Sounds like common sense to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11