xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Funny How So Many Criticize.  (Read 298 times)

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Funny How So Many Criticize.
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (HeLiuM @ May 17 2004, 04:02 AM)
kold, i didn't see a single munition on that list of yours.  I already said there's a difference between munition research and research on technology with very viable civilian application, all you've done is support that.

Kahn, not everyone (or even almost everyone) here is a blind nationalist.  Every country has its share, but because the US is on trial you see ours the most.  We have our share of protests as well.  Stereotypes are no good.

But 50% of every tax dollar in the US is spent on defence related industry. 

Defense research provided you with the internet. via research done at MIT. So to summarize in short, pay your taxes, use some to research better tech/weapons so we kick ass in our wars and still provide money to educate those not fighting the war? sounds cool to me.

Billions and billions of dollars are granted to schools for various projects, yes, maybe defense related (see robot race), but the resulting tech is much like the billions we spend on NASA too, both provide better stuff for the civilian world. Navigate your boat, car or use one of those personal locators via GPS lately?

Well the original statement was to reply to Intenscure that defense spending pays dividends to both military and civilians. You was not even in the discussion yet.  I did however quote your statement in that long ass post which mentioned nothing of weapons research.

I'll quote it again for you again.

QUOTE (HeLiuM @ May 17 2004, 12:45 AM)
the claim that the US tax dollars send to the military go back to civilian use

Maybe I was wrong in my reply?

Your previous (page 2) statement that more DU testing and research should be done, I have no problem with. I agree.  Testing should be done on anything and everything that might have side affects,  like people posting to this forum day in and day out.

Maybe you should read page  1 again??

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

smile.gif

Maybe some other weekend when I feel burnt out we will meet again!

HeLiuM

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

So to summarize in short, pay your taxes, use some to research better tech/weapons so we kick ass in our wars and still provide money to educate those not fighting the war? sounds cool to me.

Emphasis on weapons.  My point was that you can't simply state that defense spending has civilian use, there are different categories blanketed under the term "defense" (A term I find ironic, as I don't see any of these current events as defense, and especially think people would be much more object to DU being used on American soil if there was to be such a defense).

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

damn, i want to leave.

read my post again,  it said tech/weapons.   not     tech/munitions.

a truck is weapon, a satelite is a weapon, a ship, a plane, advanced electronics (electronic jamming),  better navigation is a weapon (GPS) anything that gives you clear advantage over your enemy is a weapon.  Not a definitive munition...but I never stated that.

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

a satelite is a weapon

Not yet, but Bush is trying as hard as reagan did to make it so.

EDIT: actually manged to spell reagan wrong  cool.gif

IndieSnob

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (Colonel32 @ May 16 2004, 08:49 PM)
will someone please explain how the United States saved the world from Hitler??!!!

The US was one of the last countries in for christs sake!!

Disgusting ! How about Russia

Perhaps you should all thank the French for your independence while your patting backs dry.gif

And whoever said that CNN is anti american, I think that is the most ignorant statement I have seen in years on this forum. Change the channel to ANY international news agency and tell me CNN is "anti american". Your clueless - keep your tv on Fox you are their consumer base ..... Its too late for you, you drank the magic kool aid - EVERYTHING that disagree's with the government is not unpatriotic or anti-american. That is exactly how Hitler gained such support

Haven't any of you "patriots" ever wondered why the entire world disagree's with you. Are they all brainwashed by this "liberal media" ?

Why is it that the people you "liberate" all over the world hate your country?

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."
- President Thomas Jefferson

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from the government.
- Thomas Paine

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President."
- President Theodore Roosevelt

Were these men "anti american" too rolleyes.gif

Here here Colonel! Blind patriotismn has been a downfall to many countries and is one of the worst things anyone can practice.

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

I should also say that I don't know why everyone hammers nemt so hard.

I disagree with basically everything he says but I respect him because its not rhetoric or talking points except for this liberal media myth.

He's formed all his own opinions despite how scary they are to me  laugh.gif  

Mr Nemt knows a little more about economics than he lets on as well methinks wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]