xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fuck Tony Blair  (Read 273 times)

Ween311

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

Exactly.  And we make that investment through loan programs, grants, and the GI Bill.  

What else do you think should be done???????

Ween311

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2004, 07:53:00 AM »

I know what a grant is.  My point is that we already provide enough assistance.  There are all kinds of ways to get money for school and if you don't want to use those ways, then get a job and pay for it yourself.

We don't need anymore handholding from the government.  They already do enough to help you with your education.

melon

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

The thing that the Labour government doesn't understand is that it doesn't matter how much money you throw at the poorer, and generally less educated, classes, it won't change their attitudes towards education or their way of life in general.

This is a stupid view. people from working class backgrounds (myself included) dont generally realise you can go to university. when i was younger i thought you had to be a genius to study medicine. I thought ordinary people couldnt become doctors. Havnt studied with a few and had medics as friends I realise I was completly wrong. Infact the medics I studied with were all forced into it by there Dr parents and were some of the stupidest people at university.

(what really annoys me is that I intend to go to university, I am part of the 50% which Tony Blair wants to achieve and I am one of those who will later be contributing to the economic growth of the country [actually, edit that, I'll be leaving the country asap], but do I get anything? Do I? DO I?)

firstly your parents will be able to help you financially. in my house all my friends got there rent paid and about £200 per month from back home. I am not bitter about this. I look forward to bieng able to do the same for my kids. Why shouldnt the students from a background where there parents cannot give any financial aid have to struggle completely? My friend once told me she thought when i said i had no money to go out i was just making excuses up???

Secoundly there are not enough Graduate jobs to support the 15% that go to university now. How on earth do you think there wil be enough graduate caliber jobs for 50% of the country?

In ten years time Britain will have the best qualified checkout staff in the country.

melon

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

wink.gif

Ween311

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

Not to sound like a smart ass or anything, but long-haul truck drivers can make some very good money.  Enought that they only work for about 10 years before they retire.  Granted its not an easy job to do if you want to have a family or any kind of life at all outside of driving, but don't knock it. They make way more than teachers, policemen, firemen, and soldiers, which I think are some of the most important jobs out there.

Banj

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

wink.gif so we all congregate at my house and enjoy the dole together. I actually do voluntary work now but refuse to take minimum wage, I'd rather leech off the government that degrade myself in McDonalds.
Basically, what my anecdote is designed to teach is that it makes no difference what you choose to do, there are 'haves' and there are 'have nots'. This country is doomed financially when the property increase is pricing first time buyers out of the window. Hopefully Blair will be replaced by a realist before a 'Let them eat cake' situation arrises........and hopefully the replacement won't be some lap-dog to America. wink.gif

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (Banj @ May 20 2004, 04:35 AM)
When my friends went to Uni I had a full time job with British Aerospace building Harrier Jump Jets. I am educated to degree level in Engineering but where as they left Uni with 21,000 pounds (sorry, lost my pound sign) of debt, I was earning 25,000 pounds a year.
I was made redundant last year due to cheaper foreign labor issues and my friends have never worked due to being lazy student wankers wink.gif so we all congregate at my house and enjoy the dole together. I actually do voluntary work now but refuse to take minimum wage, I'd rather leech off the government that degrade myself in McDonalds.
Basically, what my anecdote is designed to teach is that it makes no difference what you choose to do, there are 'haves' and there are 'have nots'. This country is doomed financially when the property increase is pricing first time buyers out of the window. Hopefully Blair will be replaced by a realist before a 'Let them eat cake' situation arrises........and hopefully the replacement won't be some lap-dog to America. wink.gif

So you and your friends are all 'lazy wankers' that suck off the backs of hard working tax payers and you don't see anything wrong with that.  Seems like retarded flawed logic, coming from the fingers of an idiot.  I find it very disgracefull for a person that calls themself educated to see nothing wrong with that...
In America, we have a name for people like that,
it's called: LOSER...

Banj

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

.....are you 'on the rag' Mary?

Ween311

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

I think what he means is for you to go get a job.  Even if it is for minimum wage.  Do you realize that the money you are getting for not demeaning yourself, comes from other people's paychecks?  Even those to whom you would not stoop to their level.  They are supporting you.

Banj

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

Not that I have to explain myself to anyone on the internet, however as I stated, I do voluntary work with underprivilaged youths in my area, there isn't the funding to pay people to do this job otherwise I'd be employed so the money I am 'stealing' from the taxpayers I am, infact, earning. That is how I avoid any guilt about being unemployed, plus the fact that I payed extortionate tax for 11 years while I was a member of the rat race, earning money through other peoples misery.

Ween311

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

Uh....have you looked up the definition of volunteer?  It does not mean that you get to suck it up from everybody else who still has to pay tax.  Lots of people volunteer without getting unemployment compensation or welfare.  Besides, its not the fact that you are not working, we have to help each other out when times get tough, but it was your attitude that you could not lower yourself to the standard of working for minimum wage.  What makes you better than somebody else who has taken a lower paying job to support their family, pay taxes, and contribute to society as a whole instead of sitting around complaining about the government when you are a burden on the government?

Not saying that about you in particular, but that is a pretty crappy attitude to have.

Arvarden

• Archived User
Fuck Tony Blair
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]