xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What If...  (Read 236 times)

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ween311 @ May 12 2004, 10:36 PM)
I think that you missed the whole point of my post.  I said that the conservatives should stop ripping on the whole liberals as well.  Bipartisonship is what makes this country great but it also is ripping this country apart.  I never said that we should have limited freedom.  I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion from my post, but it is a wrong assumption.  I never said that we shouldn't be able to protest what we believe is wrong, but there are ways to protest without blasting it all over the media for the other side to see.  Do you think reporters in Iraq show on Al-Jazeer (sp) the Iraqis that are glad our troops are there?  No, they want to present a unified front.  And it is working.

Are you actully suggesting that our media start acting like al-jazerra?

Why would you want the media to only show one side of the story (in this case the pro war side)?

EDIT: In case you didnt know the NEWS is suppsoed to be fair and imparical, so you can make up your mind. Your suggesting we get rid of the news and put on editorials.

How would you like it if you were against something and the media swept it under the rug and pretended no one felt like you?

melon

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »

My friend is from Iraq and her family is till in Baghdad. They do not want you there.

Ween311

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

No, again you mis-read or mis-stated.  Call it what you want.  We see one side of the story.  We see the anit-war side.  For weeks the papers talk about prisoner abuse.  For a couple of days the paper talked about kidnappings of innocent civilians and civilian contractors being set on fire and hung from a bridge.  Where is the outrage in the media that this is happening to our people.  I only see outrage of what we are doing to the enemy.  Where are the news stories about all the new schools that have been built so far.  I see only news stories about how some towns still have no power.  I think that the media should be FAIR and IMPARTIAL.  Right now it is not.  There are enough opinionated talk show hosts that give editorial content.  That is not a newspapers job.  The paper should give facts and not try to spin stories any one way.  

Please stop trying to twist my words and make me sound like some evil dictator that wants you to have no freedom or opinions.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2004, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ween311 @ May 12 2004, 11:45 PM)
I only see outrage of what we are doing to the enemy.  Where are the news stories about all the new schools that have been built so far.  I see only news stories about how some towns still have no power.  I think that the media should be FAIR and IMPARTIAL.  Right now it is not.  

Try watching you LOCAL news, i see things about schools, robberys, cats being rescued from in trees every day. But of course their not going to show local stuff on national show like 60 minutes.

melon

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

ween complements on the way you arguing your point. You are no n**t

Maybe the reason there is so much anti-war news is because the majority of the country is agianst the war. I dont know the figures but it sounds like it.
The only weapon the anti war group has is to protest. The pro war have there way, we are at war.
Tony Blair is looking like he could be given a vote of no confidence by his party (sacked and removed from government), because of the war. This is only possible because people have continued to protest the war at every oppurtunity. If both sides had pulled together we could not have reached the situation we are at now where it is a strong possability Tony Blair will not be running at the next election. This is what the UK public want and we are close to achieving this. I hope this makes you see it from our point of view. A pro war voter might like Tony Blair and want him in power, but in this country at least he is a minority (mostly men in favour).

HeLiuM

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »

with bush having a less than 50% approval rating, this is very apparent. (of course, he had less than 50% of the votes the first time around so..)
Pages: 1 2 [3]